The Official 'Hold Me Closer' iTunes and Spotify charts thread - #1 in iTunes for six consecutive days!

50 minutes ago, Heyah said:

The first couple of listens will be the most jarring as you are constantly comparing to the demo. I’m focusing on the positives now that I’ve heard it 10 times…  when she’s singing the verses together with Elton, her voice is more prominent than Elton’s. She also has a lot more ad libs than he does. 

So I definitely don’t see her as a background singer. A background singer is less prominent than the main singer and I don’t believe that’s the case here at all. 

So…at first I was bummed with the changes. I loved her voice front and center, having fun and playing with her voice and ad-libs. It was great and amazing. And I was so proud to be. Britney fan!

After a few listens, the final, polished version seems like a more mature, well-seasoned Britney. She has perfect control over her vocals, while giving classic Britney. You can hear her vocals clearly, and is perfectly balanced between leading and following throughout the song. Britney and Elton’s voices literally dance with each other throughout, much better than the Demo. Especially when listening with headphones. 

Britney holds her own, even with having ad-libs removed.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Stevenxshapiro said:

Is it better to buy the single now and stream? Or stream all week and then buy the single at the end of the week? 

2 minutes ago, Stevenxshapiro said:

Is it better to buy the single now and stream? Or stream all week and then buy the single at the end of the week? 

Whatever you see fit, I think I’ll stream a lil while first & buy it in the middle of the week. But definitely buy it this week 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.