Beyonce's Renaissance is bad

Message added by Jordan Miller,

I want to encourage Exhalers to express themselves (even if I personally disagree; Renaissance slays imo). However, this is NOT an I hate Beyonce let's trash her post. If it turns into that I will either suspend you from entering the topic, or close it entirely. Rationally explain your reasoning in the comments. 

Stream Renaissance for clear skin.

I agree. It’s chaotic and weird. She is ripping off ballroom culture and trying to be to the gays what Madonna was in the early 90s - except we don’t need or want Beyoncé. 🤷🏼‍♂️🫣 we already have ru Paul, legendary and a host of other mainstream shows and media representation. Beyoncé stealing ballroom beats and making garbage songs with garbage lyrics isn’t furthering the cause.

edit: why do female pop artists need to appeal to gays so hardcore?? Make music that speaks about YOU. Last I checked, a grown black woman who has previously never endorsed or even made us aware she is in tune with the ballroom scene shouldn’t be attempting to align herself with/profit off of a culture she isn’t part of and doesn’t fully understand. Hopefully the gays see this for what it is 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it on first listen, but when I tried to listen again I found it bland and inauthentic. Even listening to some of the lyrics, I can’t relate them to Beyoncé or I just have no clue what she is even talking about.  Sometimes I think artists just put words together to make it sound like they are saying something lol.

She really turned me off when she started releasing all the remixes of BMS, especially the cliquebait remix.  Seems like a move out of Katy Perry’s book when she was huge.  Beyoncé doesn’t need these cheap marketing tactics.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Coel said:

I feel the same. I love her earlier albums but Renessaince is... I don't like it at all. 

It's loud, aggressive and I don't like photos from booklet. Since Jay cheated on her, she tries to look like...woman on street corner. 

yikes :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

anyway... I swear I've seen this thread posted 10x already y'all are obsessed :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, PinkBarbie said:

Nie jestem hejterem, kocham jej poprzednie albumy i kocham siebie, ale nie podobał mi się ten album

You're right. I love her 4 album, "Beyonce", I was at her Warsaw concert, but I just can't stand Renessaince. I don't hate her. I just don't understand her latest moves.

10 hours ago, PinkBarbie said:

I'm a huge fan of Beyonce I love all her albums but I don't like Renaissance at all

The production is so bad and even though it came out this year it sounds really outdated

It's kind of like a better version of Britney Jean Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

And that is YOUR OPINION.

thats great, have one.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block