Beyonce's Renaissance is bad

Message added by Jordan Miller,

I want to encourage Exhalers to express themselves (even if I personally disagree; Renaissance slays imo). However, this is NOT an I hate Beyonce let's trash her post. If it turns into that I will either suspend you from entering the topic, or close it entirely. Rationally explain your reasoning in the comments. 

Stream Renaissance for clear skin.

i like all up in your mind (my favorite)

thicque or whatever you spell it

alien superstar

really like those but overall its clear her team tried to make her sound relatable

i say her team cause im not even sure..she seems really out of touch with everything even if shes being promoted as mysterious

idk

• 8 months later...

I’m glad she took a risk and got out of her comfort zone with this album. It is very ballroom inspired and has camp influences, yet what impresses me is how she managed to make it sound like signature Beyoncé. I think of this album as being similar to Gaga’s Artpop. It took a while to grow on me, but it’s experimental and different. At this point in Beyoncé's long career, I’m glad she tried something different. She isn’t dancing much at all on her Renaissance Tour, but I don’t think it matters that much bc she is fully singing live and singing beautifully. She is older now and (allegedly) had a leg/foot injury, so she’s not as mobile. I think it’s okay to slow down. If people want to pay a ridiculous amount of money to see her (thousands worth) then that’s on them. 

• Love 1

I don't like it besides 2 songs. It is chaotic, dated and most of the lyrics are cringy and non sense. I got tired of listening to how wealthy and goddess she is or how much she wants to **** with Jay.

I LOVE the tour though. She looks radiant, happy, with great costumes, vibes and excellent visuals. She is loose, this tour doesn't remind of anything she's done before. I can't stop watching the clips of the tour on youtube, this is how I learned the lyrics of the Renaissance album 😂 I also love her live vocals. I prefer her live vocals over the album's.

Beyonce is one of my favourite artists, I've been following her since her early career. I think that she is one of the greatest vocalists and performers of all times. But, I believe that her discography is mediocre given her big vocal abilities. I don't like many of her songs at all, even songs that became successfull. I like that she gained more freedom through the years and that she experiments with non-basic-generic sounds. But, I am not sure if all that messy rapping cursing style suits her.

Edited by ebritneybeat

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block