Predict HMC peak on billboard hot 100

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

It will get a good first week peak due to people wanting to hear it. 

anyone know how well mood ring, swimming in the stars and matches did? 
might be an indication from those how well it will do? 

They didn’t even chart on the Hot 100 lol and Mood Ring and SITS were both number 1 on iTunes for a few days (I can’t remember if Matches ever hit number 1).

that’s why I think this song, with the same amount of promo will do similarly, but slightly better.  It is a brand new song and it’s her first song in years so I think it’ll chart on the Hot 100, but not high by any means.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, G-unit said:

They didn’t even chart on the Hot 100 lol and Mood Ring and SITS were both number 1 on iTunes for a few days (I can’t remember if Matches ever hit number 1).

that’s why I think this song, with the same amount of promo will do similarly, but slightly better.  It is a brand new song and it’s her first song in years so I think it’ll chart on the Hot 100, but not high by any means.

Ahh ok 😬

So it’s really going to depend on how good the song is. It might be a “higher love” type of hit. 

8 minutes ago, iLOVEtoFLY iLOVEtoFLY said:

There was no promo for Cold Heart.

There has been no promo for Break My Soul.

No promo for Shakira’s latest Spanish song ‘Te Felicito’ and its been really big in Spain and Latin AM.

They are two huge icons, the song just has to be really ******* good.

Good points!! I think you’re right! It will depend how good the song is. 

3 minutes ago, G-unit said:

The major difference though in comparing mood ring, matches, or SWTS to HMC is that those three songs did not have single treatments at all, they were just made available to streaming and digital platforms. No promotion at all in any capacity, not related like a single. 

HMC will have an entire single treatment and release plan, and it will be sent to radio, be placed on streaming playlists by the label, and it will be pushed by Universal fully. I’m sure they booked push adverts on Apple Music and Spotify to promote and they I’m sure booked banners on iTunes etc. 

Radio and Streaming is how this song will succeed or fail, and Universal knows that the iron needs to be struck while hot and will push this, especially because they paid Britney I’m sure a pretty penny to do this. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Isla said:

Which tour are you referring to? If you mean the Femme Fatale Tour, I don't remember it selling well here, I mean I got my tickets weeks after they went on sale. The Piece Of Me Tour was a bigger success.

And who is Sue?

POM is the last tour! So referring to it! 

during time of FF, she was still under media hardship and criticism..FF got bad reviews even through it was ******* fire

1 minute ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

The major difference though in comparing mood ring, matches, or SWTS to HMC is that those three songs did not have single treatments at all, they were just made available to streaming and digital platforms. No promotion at all in any capacity, not related like a single. 

HMC will have an entire single treatment and release plan, and it will be sent to radio, be placed on streaming playlists by the label, and it will be pushed by Universal fully. I’m sure they booked push adverts on Apple Music and Spotify to promote and they I’m sure booked banners on iTunes etc. 

Radio and Streaming is how this song will succeed or fail, and Universal knows that the iron needs to be struck while hot and will push this, especially because they paid Britney I’m sure a pretty penny to do this. 

I hope so!  Just wish she and Elton would actually talk about it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, (You Drive Chris) Crazy said:

I think Britney is testing universal before joining them officially..very wise move

if they promote it well, she will join, else she will decline

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ThisMeowBiteback said:

Is this factual ? Madonna, Janet, Cher, and Beyoncé accomplished this? 

Janet Jackson has never had a number one single in the UK, although had number ones is the USA in 80's 90's and 00's.

Madonna has 80's 90's and 00's but not the 10's for both USA and UK

Cher only had a number one singles in the 70's and 90's in the UK and USA

12 minutes ago, iLOVEtoFLY iLOVEtoFLY said:

There was no promo for Cold Heart.

There has been no promo for Break My Soul.

No promo for Shakira’s latest Spanish song ‘Te Felicito’ and its been really big in Spain and Latin AM.

They are two huge icons, the song just has to be really ******* good.

To be fair, Beyonce made the announcement a 'moment' with the visuals and new photoshoots. Her instagram was also used perfectly to promote.

In relation to Cold Heart, Dua is a streaming hit and she was the hit girl, so it had pretty high chances it'd do well. Dua also has/had great management and this was fresh off her most popular era thus far.

However, I get where you're coming from and hope you are right. It deserves to be a hit, especially as Britney's first song as a free woman since 2007.

9 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

POM is the last tour! So referring to it! 

during time of FF, she was still under media hardship and criticism..FF got bad reviews even through it was ******* fire

Ah I see. And yes that's true about Femme Fatale :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: Britney wasn't 100% that era though.

1 hour ago, G-unit said:

Top 50 if we are lucky.  There’s some minimal hype, but mostly within the fanbase.  Neither of them are really trying to create any hype do it either…Britney deleted her post and Elton didn’t even say what it was or that it had Britney on it…so people who don’t know about it still don’t know :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

there obviously won’t be a music video or any performances, so it’s not gonna be a big success.  But that’s ok, Britney is just having fun and she deserves to do it however she wants.

If the song is good and truly something different for Brit, Top 10 easily. There's a lot of general public interest and all the streaming stations are itching to playlist the first post-conservatorship Britney song.

If the song is bad, Top 20 and then a quick plummet after 2 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 with some random Top 10s in like Azerbaijan or something.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.