Use Of Private Jet 'Incorrect' Says Taylor Swift Spokeperson

If this is true and what was initially reported was general *flying time* and NOT whether Taylor was actually using her jet herself, then the numbers were skewed and inaccurate in the context of whether *Taylor* is responsible for *her* using the most CO2. 

It would be like saying the owner of an airline company used the most fossil fuel because they own the airline, implying they’re personally flying on every flight when that’s not the case. Many passengers who used the airline are responsible. At least, this is the angle Taylor’s PR team is taking.

But honestly why is this even news? If I was multi millionaire I’d fly my private jet all over the world too (wouldn’t you?)! Lol. Like who cares. 

If you really care about the environment go block a bridge or tie yourself to a tree in protest? Protest big oil and drive electric. Don’t go after one person in the world who’s impact in the big scheme of things is likely very minuscule and b^^ch and complain or criticize because it’s a fad to bash and so much easier to do than actually making a change yourself. IMO

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, x.rox said:

If this is true and what was initially reported was general *flying time* and NOT whether Taylor was actually using her jet herself, then the numbers were skewed and inaccurate in the context of whether *Taylor* is responsible for *her* using the most CO2. 

It would be like saying the owner of an airline company used the most fossil fuel because they own the airline, implying they’re personally flying on every flight when that’s not the case. Many passengers who used the airline are responsible. At least, this is the angle Taylor’s PR team is taking.

But honestly why is this even news? If I was multi millionaire I’d fly my private jet all over the world too (wouldn’t you?)! Lol. Like who cares. 

If you really care about the environment go block a bridge or tie yourself to a tree in protest? Protest big oil and drive electric. Don’t go after one person in the world who’s impact in the big scheme of things is likely very minuscule and b^^ch and complain or criticize because it’s a fad to bash and so much easier to do than actually making a change yourself. IMO

If I make the changes in my everyday life (which I do, and you’d have no idea how much second and third world countries will suffer by the emmissoons of the largest companies and ‘woke’ celebrities that fly around and spend 200 the times an average person does) I do hve the right to criticize her.

i am not a person that likes cancellation but flying around with your jet for 90 minutes only because ure rich as **** is something to heavily criticize and she deserves backlsh for it

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

If I make the changes in my everyday life (which I do, and you’d have no idea how much second and third world countries will suffer by the emmissoons of the largest companies and ‘woke’ celebrities that fly around and spend 200 the times an average person does) I do hve the right to criticize her.

i am not a person that likes cancellation but flying around with your jet for 90 minutes only because ure rich as **** is something to heavily criticize and she deserves backlsh for it

Do you criticise Britney for using her private jet for her trips to Hawaii? Which is an American state? Can’t be too far off the mainland surely. Do you think Britney and Sam should use a 1st class flight to Hawaii instead? 

• Love 1

Whether or not she was physically on the plane for these trips is the least important detail in all of this. It was still her plane dumping astronomical amounts of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere on a near daily basis.

This culture of the wealthy using private jets for convenience needs to be revaluated. It's not fair that these people get to emit carbon in amounts that are orders of magnitude higher than most normal people ever will in their lifetime, and they will still look us in the eye and ask us to do our part. It's insulting.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Whether or not she was physically on the plane for these trips is the least important detail in all of this. It was still her plane dumping astronomical amounts of CO2 emissions into the atmosphere on a near daily basis.

This culture of the wealthy using private jets for convenience needs to be revaluated. It's not fair that these people get to emit carbon in amounts that are orders of magnitude higher than most normal people ever will in their lifetime, and they will still look us in the eye and ask us to do our part. It's insulting.

Like your people don't use cars, buy things that come from fossil fues yawnnnnn

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I  think I would've opted for silence on this one. I  love a lot of things about Taylor Swift, but sometimes I  think she takes the reputation thing too seriously. Like, when someone calls you out inappropriately or does you wrong, call it out. But this is a petty report designed to make them all look bad, when in reality, celebs don't have an option to fly coach, getting mobbed by 1,000 strangers. And I'm sorry, but celebs don't count for the majority of the toxic air pollution caused by the airline industry. 

if you want to start making planes that fly cleaner, I'm sure the Taylor Swift's of the world will be the first ones to drop coin on those options... But I  digress...

Back to Taylor. Why she even bothers to respond to these things is beyond me. A reasonable person would conclude she doesn't fly all over the country for the ****s and giggles of it. 

and the people she's trying to argue with... her 'haters' per say... you think they're going to drop this juicy opportunity to slam her on a technicality? 🤣

4 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Do you criticise Britney for using her private jet for her trips to Hawaii? Which is an American state? Can’t be too far off the mainland surely. Do you think Britney and Sam should use a 1st class flight to Hawaii instead? 

Do I criticize her publicly? Not rly. Am I proud of her/cheer her for usung her bucks to contribute hundreds time more emissions than the average person in a year because she can? Also no

I am disgusted by this threads’ peoples carelesness for the environment, would have thought the world is awaken that each one should do their part in any way they can to protect the environment they live in

The problem is not swift the problem is rich never wants to think about things that don't bother them, middle class people are regularly told to take a cycle or a public transport to reduce the pollution but then there are people like Swift who are creating more pollution then 1000s of people alone. No one needs to take private jet for every trip they make, Madonna etc etc take loads of commercial flights because it's the right thing to do. 

You are rich, but you also live on this planet like billions others and no-one has the right to do this. 

The problem is fans will still justify this, saying she's rich can afford etc etc but the thing is we make people rich and they are entitled to some morals. This isn't just a problem to Swift this is a problem for all those who do this and doesn't want to take any accountability. 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block