RCA Offers Britney New Millionaire Recording Contract?

Just now, Louis-j said:

So that means she's not under contract with them anymore and why they haven't released anything since Glory's re-release ?

As far as we know, she’s in a 4 album contract with RCA since BJ. So glory was the first. Although, as she wasn’t able to sign the contract herself, that may now be void and she may not be in the contract anymore.

• Like 5
  • Super Mods
12 minutes ago, Yuki said:

She def will need to do something soon to keep the coins coming in . Goodness knows how much was stolen from her :( poor Brit . I respect whichever label she chooses if any .

This. Britney is mega rich and never has to worry about money again but she is no where near where she should be. If she wants to make back some of what was stolen from her, a tour/residency, album, book, perfume, etc will have to occur. 

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Why wouldn’t someone like Britney self publish? Britney’s fan base is already established…I don’t understand what benefit a record label contributed to Britney.

$$$$$$$$. They are the ones paying for the tour, the costumes, the album, the photoshoots. The label is responsible for that. Yes Britney has lots of money but honestly, even if I was her I would go with a label to avoid the financial toll of everything. Britney could still make so much money if she went with a label and they negotiated a really nice contract. At this point, any label will give Britney what she wants. :bouncey:

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Cheshire-B said:

she could start her own label with her own money to release what she wants without having anyone trying to tell her what to do 

That’s what I’m thinking. Is there a reason artists like Britney don’t self publish? Is it bc SoundCloud is too cheesy?

I know I would 💯% prefer my coins to be going directly to Britney.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Why wouldn’t someone like Britney self publish? Britney’s fan base is already established…I don’t understand what benefit a record label contributes to Britney.

I think self publishing only really works for artists who are passionate about running business. It's not too hard for new age spotify artists, but Britney's back catalogue alone is MASSIVE and handling all the licencing and stuff definitely needs a lot of lawyers and other workers. Does she have the passion and time for it? :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Who knows, maybe Britney will start her own label someday :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

1 minute ago, GlitterRain said:

$$$$$$$$. They are the ones paying for the tour, the costumes, the album, the photoshoots. The label is responsible for that. Yes Britney has lots of money but honestly, even if I was her I would go with a label to avoid the financial toll of everything. Britney could still make so much money if she went with a label and they negotiated a really nice contract. At this point, any label will give Britney what she wants. :bouncey:

BUT Hypothetically if we minus the money a label would provide for a tour…and B only wanted to publish music, then what is the point of a record label for someone like B?

^^B might want to make music but not tour. 

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

BUT Hypothetically if we minus the money a label would provide for a tour…and B only wanted to publish music, then what is the point of a record label for someone like B?

^^B might want to make music but not tour. 

Very true! Great point. The only way for her to actually make more money and gain some of what was stolen from her would be to go on tour. The book and a contract with a label/touring company/residency will ensure her millions!!!!!

1 minute ago, RebellionSparkles said:

The rumor was back in the day that she wanted to make her own label with Rebellion.

I remember this. The rumor was that she was already disappointed with JIVE during the Britney era and demanded more creative freedom during ITZ era (which still has tons of scrapped songs). Rebellion/Mona Lisa really was really her way to fight back :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

• Love 1
Just now, GlitterRain said:

Very true! Great point. The only way for her to actually make more money and gain some of what was stolen from her would be to go on tour.

Lol…yeah obvs we would go insane for a tour and be throwing our coins at B like it was raining glitter.

But i feel like any new music she would create is bc she loves music (and is really effing good at it).

B’s never going to have money problems. She could certainly live off her residuals and retire.

• Haha 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

Lol…yeah obvs we would go insane for a tour and be throwing our coins at B like it was raining glitter.

But i feel like any new music she would create is bc she loves music (and is really effing good at it).

B’s never going to have money problems. She could certainly live off her residuals and retire.

Not the raining glitter promo :bouncey:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block