Do you like MADONNA? Why? State a top 3

Do You Like Madonna?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/22/2022 at 10:17 AM, Frankie8 said:

Madonna has some good songs, but I don't get the obsession for her from many around here. She achieved great heights, but then her music followed trends, instead of creating them. I don't look for her, but from what I see, she's become that old lady who is a try hard to be cool and trendy. Her fanbase from the 80s matured and she never did along with them. Her 80s and early 90s work is the best from what I've heard from her. There's other great 80s artists, but everyone centers on her.

Full disclosure: I never listened to a Madonna album, since I'm not into her work really, only singles I've heard, so my knowledge is very limited on her whole catalogue.

1.) Borderline

2.) Like a Prayer

3.) La Isla Bonita

That's all that is coming to mind.

"I  never listened to a Madonna album..". You can't NOT be into her work if you don't know her work. Trust me. It's worth listening to. I used to feel the same about Beyonce..but then I finally listened to "Lemonade" and then I understood why people love her. Give Madonna a try. Especially her music videos. I guarantee most of the female artists you love today were inspired by her... 

• Like 1

How can she not take herself seriously when everybody from Snooki to gloria estefan and even that dating doctor said without her females probably wouldn't have become the dominant pop star.

They're right, before her most was all country Music. rarely pop Music.  

Especially Madonna even Billboard stated, she broke the how long can this last, how long can you be on top, before pop stars was a decade if lucky after her, Britney spears seeing 20 years wouldn't have happened.

When the industry treats you like the greatest, bow down to thee, you can't help but take yourself seriously cos your peers do. 

On 7/24/2022 at 5:47 AM, GlitterRain said:

Madonna will always be the queen but Britney has definitely snatched her throne and is the current queen of pop. Madonna will always be the mother of Pop music like a virgin madonna GIF

According to the little monsters it's lady gaga. 

They started the war. Some were silenced after we showed 85K for park de stade for Madonna, for the MDNA tour, and Madonna performed for 130K in Paris according to the video, standing room only.  

We even said when it comes to stadium tours,  US is known for not being a stadium tour market!  Europe put it focus since all sports are stadium friendly..

Anybody doing a stadium US tour is mainly the biggest clout chaser, since most tours are arenas or a mixture of both, if the market is a good one. 

Of course. I have a lot of respect for her for everything she has achieved and all the innovation she brought to pop music, and how bold and fearless she was at her time. I also have a particular love for her tour's in the 90's and 2000's, I think they were amazing shows.

Top three:

1. Bedtime Stories

2. Ray of Light

3. Music / Confessions

/

1. Ray of Light

2. Like a Prayer

3. Frozen

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block