Do you like MADONNA? Why? State a top 3

Do You Like Madonna?  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next one sashaying into the reading room is the Queen Herself... Madonna.

I am willing to drag anyone who shades the queen :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: y'all been warned. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

Now, Madonna is one of (if not the) most influencer in pop culture, reaching topics such as LGBTQ+ rights, people living with HIV/AIDS rights, Feminism, s** tabues and so on... In music, she's the queen of re-inventions.

So y'all, which are your faves?

My top 3 albums are:

01 -American Life: Her album with lowest sales because of the censorship of the government to Madonna cuz she was adressing the situation of USA at that moment. I found this album to be ahead of its time, the sounds are still fresh and the lyrics are from another level. This was out in 2002

madonnaamericanlife.jpg

02- Bedtime Stories: Once again, the queen reinvented herself after the polemic that her last album "Erotica" was involved in. I found this album mature, easy to listen and has my all time Madonna fav track.

91Am+nuDjJL._AC_SL1425_.jpg

03- Rebel Heart: This album recieved a lot of shade, but for me it's a really good album: it's different cuz it has a mix of sounds, and some songs are the best we've heard of her since COADF

madonnarebelsuperdeluxe.jpg

AND I'M GONNA PICK MY TOP 10 SONGS:

01 - Bedtime Story: You should give a try (or a second chance) because this masterpiece is 1995 and look at the visuals, hear it with headphones or a good music center

02- American Life: This is so accurate, I'd love a re-remix with a Britney duet.

03- Devil Pray

04- Nothing Really Maters

05- Get Together

06- Erotica

07- Ghosttown

08- I'm Addicted

09- Vogue (Sticky & Sweet Version)

10- Die Another Day

What about you?

• Love 8
  • Like 1

I am a fan of some of her music but we need to acknowledge that she is problematic mainly because she literally called Rocco the n word (colloquially but nevertheless) despite adopting Black children across African countries. She should know better given her political statements in the 80s and that is why I am disappointed in her. The public’s ageism towards her is not excusable however.

top 3:

1. What it Feels Like for a Girl

2. Drowned World/Substitute for Love 

3. Gone 

• Love 3

because she’s a legend, had a flawless discography from the 80s-2008, puts on amazing performances and i can relate to her in a lot of ways 

my top 3 favorite albums from her are definitely 

• erotica: this albums sound is just flawless it has this  underground 90s unfinished dark feel that i’ve been basically trying to find in an album my entire life.
  • bedtime stories: this album just puts me in a vibe i can’t describe and the fact that i can relate to many of the songs on it like human nature, survival and i’d rather be your lover just makes it perfect for me 
  • either music, american life or hard candy can’t choose :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

my top 10 songs from her are(not in order)

• impressive instant 
  • goodbye to innocence 
  • what it feels like for a girl(both versions)
  • hollywood
  • hung up
  • nothing really matters 
  • music 
  • words
  • bad girl
  • vogue 

shout out to thief of hearts , paradise (not for me) , inside of me & your honesty

my god she just has so many good albums and tracks 

Spoiler

madame x was absolute dog****e tho

• Love 1

Madonna has some good songs, but I don't get the obsession for her from many around here. She achieved great heights, but then her music followed trends, instead of creating them. I don't look for her, but from what I see, she's become that old lady who is a try hard to be cool and trendy. Her fanbase from the 80s matured and she never did along with them. Her 80s and early 90s work is the best from what I've heard from her. There's other great 80s artists, but everyone centers on her.

Full disclosure: I never listened to a Madonna album, since I'm not into her work really, only singles I've heard, so my knowledge is very limited on her whole catalogue.

1.) Borderline

2.) Like a Prayer

3.) La Isla Bonita

That's all that is coming to mind.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think Madonna was one of the first artists that my dad introduced me to. 

My top 3 albums:

1-American Life (That album is so ******* good).

2-Confessions on a Dancefloor.

3-Probably Erotica or True Blue.

My top 3 songs:

1-I'm so Stupid or X-Static Process 
2-Human Nature
3-Papa Don't Preach 

According to Apple Music my most listened Madonna's song is Faz Gostoso with the Queen Anitta. 

Artistically, I adore her! I love how deeply she commits to whatever she does, her voice, her dancing, her reinventions, and more.  I love that she directed her film 'W.E.' which I think she directed well, I could sense her music video background in the direction. It's nice to see other people liked American Life. Listening to that album is what made me a fan. 

1. Rebel Heart 

2. American Life 

3. Ray of Light 

Songs, not really ranked: 

Masterpiece

Rebel Heart 

Girl Gone Wild 

X-Static Process

Like a Prayer 

American Pie 

Frozen 

Intervention 

Nothing Fails 

Revolver (David Guetta remix) 

Am I the only one who kind of enjoy Madame X? 

I was disappointed as much as y'all (maybe more?) I was expecting a lot since I was excited to see my culture being the central theme of an album by a Pop Icon. 

The album has some good songs (God Control, Crave, Crazy, I Don't Search I Find...). With time I really enjoyed it more. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, theosgrlt said:

Am I the only one who kind of enjoy Madame X? 

I was disappointed as much as y'all (maybe more?) I was expecting a lot since I was excited to see my culture being the central theme of an album by a Pop Icon. 

I enjoyed it. I liked that she approached it with a strong concept as to me Hard Candy and MDNA were weak in that sense and weak as albums. On Madame X, I like Crave, Crazy, Come Alive, Funana, Faz Gastoso, and Looking for Mercy. To me Portuguese is the most beautiful language, and I'd be thrilled if she sang in it again. 

• Love 1

I love Madonna!

Just wish she'd get out of her head sometimes and not take herself too seriously.

My favs from her...

1. La Isla Bonita
  2. Hollywood (Jacques Lu Cont's Thin White Duck Radio Edit)
  3. Hung Up
  4. Sorry
  5. Girl Gone Wild
  6. Beautiful Killer
  7. Power Of Goodbye
  8. Secret
  9. You'll See
  10. Into The Groove
  11. Like A Prayer
  12. Open Your Heart
  13. Celebration
  14. Get Together
  15. Broken (I'm Sorry)
  16. Jump
  17. Miles Away
  18. Crazy For You
  19. Express Yourself
  20. Ray of Light

I always forget how much music is in her catalog.

She and Cher were two of the biggest pioneers for women in music.

Their legacy is untouchable.

• Like 2

Madonna is the queen, arguably the most influential pop artist of all time.

As a millennial, i'm more familiar/affected by her post-90s albums. Heres my top 3.

1. Ray of Light

2. Confessions

3. Hard Candy

The first 2 dont need any explanation. But i will comment on HC - Its unfortunate that the lead single was "4 mins." There's so many tracks I keep going back to on this. "Devil Wouldn't recognize," "Shes not Me," and "Heartbeat" are some favs. 

Love her. Her discography is incredible, particularly from 1994-2003. Truly the pop GOAT.

Her top 3 albums:

1. Ray of Light
2. Music
3. Bedtime Stories

My top 3 25 tracks (in no order) because I literally can’t choose 3:

- American Life
- Borderline
- Don’t Tell Me
- Dress You Up
- Drowned World / Substitute for Love
- Frozen
- Girl Gone Wild
- Hollywood
- I Deserve It
- La Isla Bonita
- Live to Tell
- Music
- Nothing Really Matters
- One More Chance
- Papa Don’t Preach
- Paradise (Not For Me)
- Ray of Light
- Secret
- Sky Fits Heaven
- Take a Bow
- The Power of Good-Bye
- This Used to be My Playground
- True Blue
- What It Feels Like For a Girl (Above & Beyond Remix)
- You’ll See

BONUS: Angel, To Have and Not To Hold. Ugh her discography is just that good. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: @Blackout2006

Also her tracks on Evita and basically everything else from Ray of Light aka the greatest pop album of all time.

• Love 2

I like her. Especially her music. Her whole discography is peppered with bops left and right. Top 3 is hard a probably changes week to week but that’s how it is when you’ve got a queens discography so: 

1. Justify My Love 

2. La Isla Bonita 

3. Get Together 

but Dress You Up, Papa Don’t Preach, **** ****, Ghosttown, Music, Express Yourself and Vogue all make pretty regular rotation for me. 

• Love 2

The queen of pop and Britney's mom. ❤️  I honestly like/love majority of all her work.

Top 3 Albums:

1. True Blue
  2. Bedtime Stories
  3. Confessions on a Dance Floor

Honorable Mention: Madonna

Top 3 Songs:

1. Papa Don't Preach
  2. Bedtime Story
  3. Human Nature

Honorable Mention: American Life

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block