5 years ago Lana Del Rey Released ‘Lust For Life’

• Content Curators

5 years ago today, Lana Del Rey released her fifth studio album ‘Lust for Life’. It debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200 and went on to reach over 1.4B streams on Spotify, has sold over 2M units WW, is certified Gold in the US, and was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album at the Grammys. What’s you favourite song? 

Edited by Caleb Ellis
  • Love 2

Although at first, I wasn't fond of this of sound (BTD & UV x Honeymoon & LFL), I've just recently literally fell head over the heels with this album. Yet not my absolute fav of hers, but this album has a special place in my heart and in my Ultimate Ms. Lana Bannana playlist :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Fav songs in no particular order:

Love

13 Beaches

White Mustang

Summer Bummer

Get Free

this album marked the beginning of lana’s musical downfall. she has not made a consistently good record since honeymoon. some songs here and there have been good, but she still hasn’t realised that her vagabond poet/piano-driven sprechstimme mantra shtick is boring as hell. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, neko said:

this album marked the beginning of lana’s musical downfall. she has not made a consistently good record since honeymoon. some songs here and there have been good, but she still hasn’t realised that her vagabond poet piano-driven sprechstimme mantra shtick is boring as hell. 

NFR says hello :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

spacer.png

• Love 4
7 hours ago, neko said:

this album marked the beginning of lana’s musical downfall. she has not made a consistently good record since honeymoon. some songs here and there have been good, but she still hasn’t realised that her vagabond poet piano-driven sprechstimme mantra shtick is boring as hell. 

That's so true ! Honeymoon is her last great album but Lust for Live is the beginning of downfall.

• Like 1

I love Lana so much🕊️

LFL is an album that I also never super got into until recently... 

She was releasing music (and still does) so frequently that I would fall in love with an era/album like Ultraviolence and Honeymoon and have a hard time moving on so quickly when she released something new..

and at first I was turned off by the singles Love and Lust For Life, they sounded too "produced" or something...But now I like them just fine and love the album as a whole body of work and just think she's the greatest artist of our generation.

I'm also one of the Lana fans that thinks she's getting better as she goes and I love Chemtrails and Blue Banisters and almost exclusively listen to those now. I feel like I finally caught up to her and I love where she's at currently.

anyway, it's also interesting to hear what "Lust For Life" single would have sounded like without  the Weeknd and Max Martin's reworking.  Kind of a more gloomy continuation of Honeymoon. This demo is beautiful and I do prefer it to the album version:

anyway..... fave song on Lust For Life..

🍒CHERRY🍒

also: Summer Bummer, Get Free, ******, 13 Beaches, Tomorrow Never Came

also her visuals and looks were so cute during this era. remember her little trailer? 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.