R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in prison

• Content Curators

R. Kelly has reportedly been sentenced to 30 years in federal prison for 9 federal charges,  s** crimes and human trafficking.

A woman who testified under the pseudonym Addie talked about the years that she spent living in silence, and what it has been like since she first spoke out about the abuse. Addie said she was 17 when Kelly abused her, and she didn't speak out because it was the norm to stay silent about ***ual abuse.

"1994 was a different time; there was no real awareness, no internet access ... I am not my mom's generation," she said of going public with her story.

During her testimony, she said her mother feared that she would face retaliation from his fans, and she's experienced the crushing impact of social media bullying from Kelly's die-hard supporters.

"I ask you that you please stop," Addie said in court, addressing Kelly.

After a statement from Faith, a victim of Kelly's who testified using only her first name, her father, Charles, spoke to Kelly. He urged Kelly to take responsibility and seek remorse. And he said that the relentless harassment from his fans should stop.

Charles also asked that Kelly look at him while he addressed him, but the artist did not.

"So many people love you. They hate us," Charles said. "They say awful things about my daughter because they love you and hate us."

At one point, one accuser, who was identified in court as Jane Doe #2, paused for Kelly to finish his chat with Bonjean as she gave her statement.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to interrupt this conversation," the accuser said, her voice dripping with contempt”.

A47DAAA3-D3CB-4E42-9608-C3D976DDF158.webp.0383f5e084e8a32c492f10151fb8a3fe.webp

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Wow, it's been such a looooooooooong journey to get to this point... I know he's wealthy and influential, but he's also black, part of a community that has historically been discriminated against and abused, so the fact that even in such circumstances he secured protection for so long shows you how even more of a privilege is to be a man in this world... I'm glad these girls (now women) finally found some sort of justice. Now I hope they can forgive him so they can start truly healing.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Caleb Ellis said:

R. Kelly has reportedly been sentenced to 30 years in federal prison for 9 federal charges,  s** crimes and human trafficking.

A woman who testified under the pseudonym Addie talked about the years that she spent living in silence, and what it has been like since she first spoke out about the abuse. Addie said she was 17 when Kelly abused her, and she didn't speak out because it was the norm to stay silent about ***ual abuse.

"1994 was a different time; there was no real awareness, no internet access ... I am not my mom's generation," she said of going public with her story.

During her testimony, she said her mother feared that she would face retaliation from his fans, and she's experienced the crushing impact of social media bullying from Kelly's die-hard supporters.

"I ask you that you please stop," Addie said in court, addressing Kelly.

After a statement from Faith, a victim of Kelly's who testified using only her first name, her father, Charles, spoke to Kelly. He urged Kelly to take responsibility and seek remorse. And he said that the relentless harassment from his fans should stop.

Charles also asked that Kelly look at him while he addressed him, but the artist did not.

"So many people love you. They hate us," Charles said. "They say awful things about my daughter because they love you and hate us."

At one point, one accuser, who was identified in court as Jane Doe #2, paused for Kelly to finish his chat with Bonjean as she gave her statement.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to interrupt this conversation," the accuser said, her voice dripping with contempt”.

A47DAAA3-D3CB-4E42-9608-C3D976DDF158.webp.0383f5e084e8a32c492f10151fb8a3fe.webp

Source?

Now the other inmates can do what they want with his body. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Lbr though he ain't gonna serve 30 years. Not even half of that. Cosby got out early and Smollett is still out and about despite being found guilty of his own crime. If you're rich, you don't serve long sentences. The US justice system is ****. :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

• Like 4

The way he FOUGHT this case says so much about him as a person. He knew his guilt but thought his successful past would get people to look the other way. You can only live in the dark for so long before your actions come to light. On one hand, I hate to see one of my musical heroes go down this way but hey… he brought it on himself. Can’t show pity to someone who consistently, actively and consciously brought harm to others. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

The damage and the horrific trauma this psychopath has caused can never be undone, but I hope it's some small consolation to the victims that he will now rot in jail. This man has shown himself to be a monster devoid of any kind of empathy or morals and I hope he never gets the opportunity to hurt anyone ever again.

(edit - just read on the popheads subreddit that this sentence is only for the trafficking charge, and there will be another sentence on top of that for the s** offences and p*******a, which will be pronounced later. All the better if that is true.)

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block