Püssycat Dolls DRAMA: Nicole Scherzinger & Robin Antin (PCD creator) fight ! Püssycat Kimberly Wyatt spill the tea !

11 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

So was Nicole an original member who danced in the club's? I didn't know this....interesting 🤔

No she wasn’t. She only came into the PCD world when Robin teamed up with a record label to make the dance troop a now girl group. I believe only Carmit, Ashley, Jessica and Kim were in the burlesque group before making it in the band.

• Like 2

To be honest, there is a bit of framing in those videos.

Nicole negotiated her terms, as you should do in the music industry. I feel like Kimberly even admits that she was afraid to negotiate, by inferring that she bit her tongue while she signed. Clearly, she wasn't happy about the terms, and she was sold about the "soul of the band" by God knows who in Robin Antin's team. This is a classic way to get yourself ripped off in the music industry.

Hate it or love it, Nicole is fighting for what she due. Girl, does a lot in the band, and while I don't know the details, I feel like she did right in fighting for her own interest, but perhaps she should have also considered the rights of the other girls too (perhaps, discussed their terms too).

Either way, it sucks that we don't have them back, but Robin tried once again to be a sneaky manager. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

Nicole negotiated her terms, as you should do in the music industry. I feel like Kimberly even admits that she was afraid to negotiate, by inferring that she bit her tongue while she signed. Clearly, she wasn't happy about the terms, and she was sold about the "soul of the band" by God knows who in Robin Antin's team. This is a classic way to get yourself ripped off in the music industry.

Hate it or love it, Nicole is fighting for what she due. Girl, does a lot in the band, and while I don't know the details, I feel like she did right in fighting for her own interest, but perhaps she should have also considered the rights of the other girls too (perhaps, discussed their terms too).

Either way, it sucks that we don't have them back, but Robin tried once again to be a sneaky manager. 

If Nicole were smarter, she should have negotiated as a GROUP like The Spice Girls do

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, TTrouble said:

if PCD is just a big business venture, why isn't it run like one? I mean, if one employee leaves, hire another one. 

Nicole might have been the main vocalist in the band, but they could have given room for other members too.

Robin had tried making different versions of PCD and they never worked. 

2010: Nicole still in the group but the other girls left 

The New PussyCat Dolls | EmefaDede

2010: A few months after the last line-up was mentioned and it was unsure if Nicole would stick around

https://www.2.bp.blogspot.com/_zPuISwi_CYI/TBq4***dKrI/AAAAAAAADzQ/KNJ_p25mfWM/s1600/*****catdollsnewlineup.jpg

2011: 

pussycat-dolls.jpg

576394_314010655335965_1295420797_n.jpg?stp=cp0_dst-jpg_e15_fr_q65&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=2d5d41&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=iuFOK_OztTwAX8DaE4b&tn=rIBl0fL09TYDHQq1&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_oBC7KrFlJXChi4aXAnmCi6q12byVgB0DsDaFWzAh67g&oe=62DA5BA7

2012: This version was featured in a Super Bowl commercial. 

GoDaddy.com to debut new Pussycat Dolls lineup during Super Bowl Ads 2012  (watch video) - mlive.com

I'm not sure if there were anymore attempts of creating a new line-up after this.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MX3 said:

react was a banger and I was so excited for another album! Forever bitter 

Agree 100%. It seems like the problems the group had 10-15 years ago still were never actually resolved, and a reunion was just thrown together to take advantage of the nostalgia trends that have been happening lately without addressing any issues.

It's ironic. Nicole isn't successful without PCD, the other PCD members aren't successful without Nicole, and yet they can't get it to work. It kinda makes sense that it doesn't work though since it was thrown together as a business venture (like Fifth Harmony was), and PCD was actually one of the first artists (apparently, according to one of their interviews) to be organized as a 360 deal. It makes sense why it didn't work out, but it doesn't make it any less disappointing. I loved React so much, the music video was perfect, and I was hopeful that they had learned their lessons from last time.

• Love 9

I just wanted them to work so badly, Nicole really didn't need the final say because she can't finish any of her solo projects, so she really can't be the one making decisions because nothing would ever come out.

She's that insane kind of perfectionist/narcissist where everything has to be her way.

It's 1000% Nicole's fault and I hope all her solo stuff loses a ton money going forward.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, amiro1989 said:

they signed BEFORE the covid... then covid happens and nicole want to change everythig

was a 2020 contract...2022 nicole was shady

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.