One year ago today Britney testified: ‘I Just Want My Life Back’

Such a wild day. 

This day was already dear to me because it's my father's birthday and he died when I was just 17 from brain cancer.  I had a really special feeling when her eternally postponed hearing was finally firmly scheduled on this date. I seriously felt it was a sign. But I'll never forget June 23rd 2021, laying in the sun at the beach, tears running down my face hearing Britney speak. Hearing the voice of the Britney I grew up with, speaking her disturbing truth, confirming my worst fears for her were true. 

What a year. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Slayer said:

What a day, I’ll never ever forget listening to this live. I was shook to the core.

I’m so proud of her for being so brave and speaking up, her speaking out publicly helped her gain her rightfully deserved freedom!

I will always remember this day too. I was shook from the moment she interrupted Jodie M's lawyer, to tell the court she wanted an open court hearing, to the end of her truthful testimony. 

It was like a dream because we never heard her speak about it.

• Love 2

Before Britney spoke, I remember trying not to hype myself up for anything major; we had had so many court dates where there was so much buildup with little to no payoff. I believed she was going to simply go to court and tell them she wants her dad removed. Nothing more. We had very few of our concerns mentioned in court, so I expected the simplest request. I remember seeing Fe post, and tried to not jump to conclusions, and then Sam posted, in a Free Britney Tshirt, which made it harder to not feel like something was going to happen...

...then the livestreams started on Instagram, and the energy felt similar to how I felt. I came on here to start reading the comments as the trial started...

...and then Britney cut of a lawyer mid-sentence...

I do not want to say it felt validating to know Britney confirmed the key concerns at the heart of the movement, because she never deserved any of this. It broke my heart knowing we were all right, because it meant our fears were her reality...

...and yet, she spoke and was unshaken. Bold, confident. A Britney we hadn't seen or heard in years, besides that time she dyed her hair. Familiar, but so different to the version of Britney we were given or allowed see, and it was inescapable; social media blew it up and it was everywhere, which is exactly the opposite of what Team Con wanted, in my opinion.

I'm so proud of her for speaking out.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I’ll never forget how powerful it was when one of the first things we heard from Britney was her interrupting an attorney who was trying to silence her by making the rest of the hearing private.

My jaw literally dropped. I knew the rest of the hearing was going to be game changing after that. And wow, was it game changing. After years of silence and oppression, we finally got to hear Britney’s voice and the truth. What a powerful woman. I’m so happy that she finally got her freedom back. Next up: justice and peace. 

This.

I wasn’t expecting her to light **** up. Didn’t have high hopes after so many disappointing court dates. I was holding my breath, shook the entire time she spoke. It was nuts to not only finally hear her speak on the subject but to confirm all of the things that others deemed as conspiracy. I listened to that testimony a million times that week.

so happy for where she is now but it’s time those who did this to her have consequences.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block