Opinions on ‘Honestly, Nevermind’ by Drake?

Drake’s latest body of work is receiving a lot of online hate, people calling it ‘boring and uninspired’. The album is dance inspired and totally experimental for Drake. It’s interesting how he surprised-dropped this album one week before Beyoncé’s newest single, which happens to be dance/house as well. Coincidence? :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Songs I enjoy: Falling Back, Currents, Sticky, Jimmy Cooks. 

• Leader
9 minutes ago, Style. said:

totally experimental for Drake.

I am not soo familiar with Drake's music, but I've heard all his albums. I was listening to this last night cause my brother and I were talking about the Drake x Beyonce comparisons. I liked it. I think the Internet just likes to hate on him lol.

Though the timing was sus. But... aren't Beyonce and Drake cool with one another? Am I missing something? 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Though the timing was sus. But... aren't Beyonce and Drake cool with one another? Am I missing something? 

The timing is really strange. My thoughts are he wanted to take all the credit for reviving house music and not Beyoncé, which leads us to think he knew Beyoncé’s new single is house. It seems the Queen 🅱️ has spies on her. :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure: 

4 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I had zero hopes because I lost interest in his music a while ago. However, I casually heard 'A Keeper' and 'Falling Back'. Both bops :matches: I still have to go through the rest, though :umsaywhat_adele_hmm_umm_thinking_confused_unsure:

Omg, ’A Keeper’ has such a dark beat and I love it! Even though I enjoy this album, my problem is his one tune vocal ability. He should’ve called Chris Brown or The Weeknd fo(u)r some.. you know :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: vocalizing. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Style. said:

Omg, ’A Keeper’ has such a dark beat and I love it! Even though I enjoy this album, my problem is his one tune vocal ability. He should’ve called Chris Brown or The Weeknd fo(u)r some.. you know :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: vocalizing. :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:

yessss, after a while his voice gets tiring 

16 minutes ago, Style. said:

Spoiler
Spoiler

gay kiss GIFgay kiss GIF

• Love 1

I didn't know he had released a new album, though I don't normally listen to him. I'm on song number 8 and I'm actually impressed..... I love when albums have a clear vision, and this one has it so far, for sure.

I don't understand when people start comparing an artist's albums as better or worse, when in fact, if they are all well produced (Britney's case, for example), they should be taken as different characters, and so be considered differently.

This one's good, guys.... And vibey... Not all records are meant to be listened to every day or for every occasion, but if you're in the mood for it and you reach out to it and listen to it from beginning to end, then mission accomplished. I'd actually buy this.....

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block