Just visited Britney’s hometown of Kentwood, LA for the first time! Very weird experience.

16 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

I have been in Louisiana for about 1-year as part of a temporary work assignment. I have always wanted to visit Kentwood but I never had the chance as I was well over 3 hours away. I was in Baton Rouge yesterday and decided to make a stop in Kentwood since it was close by. I drove by her childhood home and the Serenity house as well. I also went to the Sonic and Spears family church.

I have to say that Kentwood is a very odd place. It’s very spread out and it can take up to 30 minutes to go from one end of the city to the next. There’s also only one main street? There are many sketchy areas within the city. Crime seems to be rampant in this town. I find that it gives off a southern gothic vibe as there are many rundown houses and buildings. Even the Spears family church has that creepy look.  I honestly understand why Britney was so eager to get out of there. 

The townspeople are a bit odd as well. I was at the sonic and people in the next lane approached my car asking where I was from and  what I was doing there. They also said “You’re here because of Britney right? She hasn’t been back to this city in years!” Although, they were polite and directed me to the Serenity house on the outskirts of town. I was told to not stand or park too long in front of the gates because the police frequently drives around there and will stop and question you if they become suspicious. Surely enough, I was trailed by a  cop car near the mansion. 

What has your experience in Kentwood been like? I find that the townspeople there are a bit hostile in comparison to other areas of Louisiana, which are marked by true southern hospitality. It’s also a very dangerous city and you can easily find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also….I don’t understand how there is NO WALMART, MCDONALDS, or HOSPITALS. There is so much empty land that could be used for expansion and adding more businesses. I’m surprised Britney never tried to do that for her city. 

Does Lynne still live there? I thought the Spears family was planning to sell the Serenity home or make it into some sort of community center?

When was the last time Britney was in Kentwood? Has she brought Sam, Sean, and Jayden there? Does she still have ties to the city or have the townspeople completely forgotten about her?

….. yep. Sounds about right. Britney Spears Lol GIF  

It’s probably a sundown town. 

• Like 7
13 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Britney was the biggest thing to ever come out of that area, and now it’s just decaying ever since. It’s a shame cuz I heard that it actually used to be very lively and beautiful. 

There’s definitely room for growth and expansion given that there’s so much empty and unoccupied land. I don’t know why it hasn’t changed for the better?

• Love 2

I remember back in 2002 I wanted to visit Kentwood so bad, like what da hell was I thinking? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

It's just a southern town with lack of jobs and opportunity to progress in life as many other places so there's nothing interesting to see. There used to be some sort of Britney museum but I believe it no longer exist, and also what's the point in visiting Serenity? :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Alexa James said:

I have been in Louisiana for about 1-year as part of a temporary work assignment. I have always wanted to visit Kentwood but I never had the chance as I was well over 3 hours away. I was in Baton Rouge yesterday and decided to make a stop in Kentwood since it was close by. I drove by her childhood home and the Serenity house as well. I also went to the Sonic and Spears family church.

I have to say that Kentwood is a very odd place. It’s very spread out and it can take up to 30 minutes to go from one end of the city to the next. There’s also only one main street? There are many sketchy areas within the city. Crime seems to be rampant in this town. I find that it gives off a southern gothic vibe as there are many rundown houses and buildings. Even the Spears family church has that creepy look.  I honestly understand why Britney was so eager to get out of there. 

The townspeople are a bit odd as well. I was at the sonic and people in the next lane approached my car asking where I was from and  what I was doing there. They also said “You’re here because of Britney right? She hasn’t been back to this city in years!” Although, they were polite and directed me to the Serenity house on the outskirts of town. I was told to not stand or park too long in front of the gates because the police frequently drives around there and will stop and question you if they become suspicious. Surely enough, I was trailed by a  cop car near the mansion. 

What has your experience in Kentwood been like? I find that the townspeople there are a bit hostile in comparison to other areas of Louisiana, which are marked by true southern hospitality. It’s also a very dangerous city and you can easily find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time. Also….I don’t understand how there is NO WALMART, MCDONALDS, or HOSPITALS. There is so much empty land that could be used for expansion and adding more businesses. I’m surprised Britney never tried to do that for her city. 

Interesting to hear your take on a Southern town. It's the same in LOTS of Southern US towns. See...in the 80s/90s, tobacco, cotton farming and factories were pushed to go overseas and these towns got left behind. It almost feels like the US gov did it on purpose. Since the 90s, many of these towns have not figured out ways to thrive without these businesses and government benefits have pretty much made many ppl feel that they don't need to work. My home town is a lot like Kentwood. 

• Love 4
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, Alexa James said:

Does Lynne still live there? I thought the Spears family was planning to sell the Serenity home or make it into some sort of community center?

When was the last time Britney was in Kentwood? Has she brought Sam, Sean, and Jayden there? Does she still have ties to the city or have the townspeople completely forgotten about her?

Did you take pictures? And who’s  interviewing who?

I remember her saying the nearest wal mart is about an hour away

but yeah i'm not surprised you find the town dangerous. It's located near mccomb ms and the crime in that area has spiked in recent years. I live about 2 hrs from kentwood and I know  some people that are familiar with the spears family or were even friends with Britney Growing up.  My friends's grandparents live in Mccomb MS and they say people are killing each other  over there and mccomb is right near kentwood so i'm not surprised.

• Love 3
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, queenofhearts said:

I remember her saying the nearest wal mart is about an hour away

but yeah i'm not surprised you find the town dangerous. It's located near mccomb ms and the crime in that area has spiked in recent years. I live about 2 hrs from kentwood and I know  some people that are familiar with the spears family or were even friends with Britney Growing up.  My friends's grandparents live in Mccomb MS and they say people are killing each other  over there and mccomb is right near kentwood so i'm not surprised.

What do those acquaintances say about Britney? Is Kentwood really a dangerous town?

3 hours ago, Alexa James said:

I lived in a town like Kentwood, okay for senior citizens, maybe little kids, but teenagers, man it's either ***** or pregnancy booms 

But we had restaurants and a Safeway. 

But everytime else you have to drive 30 miles to The town to get to wal mart, and other stuff. 

I expect because Britney was born in Mississippi this is why there's none of that stuff..

30 miles to the nearest wal mart was her exact words, she even went to school across state lines. 

• Like 5

from what i recall some/most kentwood residents are very pro jamie, so it's not surprising to me that they would be hostile towards "outsiders" now after everything that's been exposed. 

they all still live there, and i never heard anything about selling the property. they sold the childhood home, but lynne still very much lives in serenity. pretty sure jamie lynn and her family does too while they build their home. 

the last time britney was there was in 2020 during the height of covid. she's brought her children there numerous times, and they've been there without her too. i don't  think sam ever went. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block