BLACKPINK The First K-Pop Group To Cover Rolling Stone

Cqleb

• Content Curators

BLACKPINK set to make history as the first K-pop girl group to cover Rolling Stone and third overall, following Destiny’s Child and Spice Girls. Here’s an BTS exclusive of the shoot 😍👑
280327F1-5169-466D-8FC1-26D913E147BF.thumb.jpeg.f808a21d07e588aaf309b4e14c3f8b26.jpeg9A8203F6-E65D-4F62-8E94-8F94251F3866.jpeg.977f0abd4664e72153e7b78fd535a478.jpeg

Edited by Caleb Ellis
  • Love 2

I mean it already looks great but I honestly think it's kinda laughable how they market stuff: "The first time that a K-pop group takes a selfie in front of X famous building" or something ridiculous like that, I mean chill.... It's crazy how people and companies like a freaking magazine place themselves as icons. It's just a magazine.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I mean it already looks great but I honestly think it's kinda laughable how they market stuff: "The first time that a K-pop group takes a selfie in front of X famous building" or something ridiculous like that, I mean chill.... It's crazy how people and companies like a freaking magazine place themselves as icons. It's just a magazine.

but it is THE MAGAZINE. Perhaps there are things that you do not understand well, but within the industry there is something that is worth much more than sales, and it is prestige, which Blackpink has.

5 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

but it is THE MAGAZINE. Perhaps there are things that you do not understand well, but within the industry there is something that is worth much more than sales, and it is prestige, which Blackpink has.

8 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Kinda sad that in 55 years of publication, they are the third girl group to be featured on the cover.

I know the magazine perfectly well, I'm a pop fan after all (RS being a rock magazine is something of the part, let's not get into that), but maybe we need to start questioning how they market themselves... Which is my original point. 55 years and only 3 girl groups on the cover? Why should we regard it as "THE magazine" if they disregard hard working women (in girl groups there are lots of them). And about BLACKPINK... Prestige? That's also marketing, because I honestly don't remember songs by them besides "Like That" (I think that's the name), and I actually like them; so again, so much publicity for an elitist company and a group with low cultural impact.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I know the magazine perfectly well, I'm a pop fan after all (RS being a rock magazine is something of the part, let's not get into that), but maybe we need to start questioning how they market themselves... Which is my original point. 55 years and only 3 girl groups on the cover? Why should we regard it as "THE magazine" if they disregard hard working women (in girl groups there are lots of them). And about BLACKPINK... Prestige? That's also marketing, because I honestly don't remember songs by them besides "Like That" (I think that's the name), and I actually like them; so again, so much publicity for an elitist company and a group with low cultural impact.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the world doesn't revolve around your tastes. :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:
You may only like one song, but Blackpink has an iconic repertoire beyond being simple exponents of a genre.
Just think that as a group they have only released 21 songs in 5 years and are the most subscribed music project on YouTube. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses: If that's not cultural impact in the streaming age, tell me what is. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:
There are many artists who have never been relevant to me (Example Lady Gaga) however I cannot deny that they are iconic and massive musical acts in terms of success and innovation :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block