Mick Jagger On Harry Styles: “I Was Much More Androgynous” Than Him

Per Deadline:

Mick Jagger can’t get no satisfaction when fans claim the Harry Styles version of gender expression takes it beyond where the Rolling Stones singer once went.

Jagger told The Sunday Times, “I like Harry — we have an easy relationship. I mean, I used to wear a lot more eye make-up than him. Come on, I was much more androgynous.”

He added, “And he doesn’t have a voice like mine or move on stage like me; he just has a superficial resemblance to my younger self, which is fine — he can’t help that.”

Both have worn dresses for public consumption and are known for heavy eye makeup and flamboyant attire. Jagger is 78, while Styles is 28.

What do you guys think?

The interview on Sunday Times is here (available if you have a paid subscription):
Sunday Times UK 

spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Leader
3 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Jagger told The Sunday Times, “I like Harry — we have an easy relationship. I mean, I used to wear a lot more eye make-up than him. Come on, I was much more androgynous.”

He added, “And he doesn’t have a voice like mine or move on stage like me; he just has a superficial resemblance to my younger self, which is fine — he can’t help that.”

Lmao I- :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone: 

The jealousy 

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I don’t know enough of Mick Jagger to give a fair opinion on the topic, but I think it must be hard for older artists to have been so original in their youth and then decades later a younger artist comes with the similar aesthetic, and then have that same generation think the newbie is being so original. We’ve seen it with Madonna/Gaga, Lil Kim/Nicki Minaj, and now Mick/Harry. The only thing I don’t like is hearing the older artist complain about the younger ones because it sounds so bitter, BUT I totally get it! I would feel like it was reductive as well and kinda like, do your own thing! It’s one thing to pay homage in a performance or music video, but when it’s constantly that vibe, I can see how it gets tired to the OGs. 

Exactly. Anyone screaming jealousy has no respect for originality. I am not a fan of neither Mick or Harry yet I see the resemblance. When someone who doesn’t follow either persons work yet can still see the latter as a carbon copy then it’s no misunderstanding 

• Love 4
  • Like 1

Oh please. It’s not about being androgynous and that’s what they mean when they say he takes it to another level. He’s more authentic. He seems more happy and IN HIS SKIN doing so. It’s not just for “public consumption”, Harry is simply being who he is without trying to define it and all we want to do is define it. The dude sang a song about wanting a mens juices. And everybody freaked when they realized they were singing along to a song about woman’s juices. Just, Jagger is Rolling Stones. Harry Styles is Harry Styles. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block