Mick Jagger On Harry Styles: “I Was Much More Androgynous” Than Him

these geriatric rockstars really like to dive into their pasts…when it suits them of course

they pride themselves on being raw and unfiltered and sh.it, so let’s talk about the more important things that happened in their pasts in these interviews instead, such as the heavily overlooked pe.dophilia amongst rockstars? perhaps someone should ask him about the infamous groupie known as lori matrix

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DougfromBrazilIsBack said:

Oprah Winfrey Judging You GIF
you commenting here says otherwise 

Sure Oprah :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: 

Saying that his words are pointless to me does not mean I care, it means that I LITERALLY dont care if he was or not that androgynous or whatever, and im just saying it here :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:  Besides, this is just a forum, not Jagger's personal email :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I dont even read the interview, just the thread tittle, that's all I care about this topic and Jagger :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: So, saying to someone that you dont care means simply that; you don't care. I am expressing it myself :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I simply don't care if he or Harry Styles are whatever the hell they say they are, so I say it because I want to, not because I care :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Do you get it now? It's very simple, "infant level" actually... But no worries, I dont care either if you get it or not :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

So stop with that childish nonsense "yOu cOMmeNTiNg hERe sAYs oTHeRwiSe" :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

Sure Jagger Stan? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

10 hours ago, davelivesfree said:

Sure Oprah :ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle: 

Saying that his words are pointless to me does not mean I care, it means that I LITERALLY dont care if he was or not that androgynous or whatever, and im just saying it here :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree:  Besides, this is just a forum, not Jagger's personal email :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

I dont even read the interview, just the thread tittle, that's all I care about this topic and Jagger :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: So, saying to someone that you dont care means simply that; you don't care. I am expressing it myself :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I simply don't care if he or Harry Styles are whatever the hell they say they are, so I say it because I want to, not because I care :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Do you get it now? It's very simple, "infant level" actually... But no worries, I dont care either if you get it or not :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

So stop with that childish nonsense "yOu cOMmeNTiNg hERe sAYs oTHeRwiSe" :sponge_spongebob_sarcastic_meme_sarcasm:

mariah carey hello GIF

He has a point but damn that last line was so bitter :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

But honestly i think it's such a complex topic cause everyone gets inspiration from somebody else. Like i get that it can irk some older artists who didn't get the appreciation they deserved back then and then some young little ***** does the same thing and gets praised for it and gets called "original".

Like i understand the frustration but i think they should be more flattered than bitter cause it shows they had an impact ? But again, I can see why it's frustrating from the older artist's perspective 

1 hour ago, Bratz***** said:

He has a point but damn that last line was so bitter :orangu_orangutan_ape: 

But honestly i think it's such a complex topic cause everyone gets inspiration from somebody else. Like i get that it can irk some older artists who didn't get the appreciation they deserved back then and then some young little ***** does the same thing and gets praised for it and gets called "original".

Like i understand the frustration but i think they should be more flattered than bitter cause it shows they had an impact ? But again, I can see why it's frustrating from the older artist's perspective 

Because back then, society was not so open like today, so they faced more backlash than today, because who cares anyway if a male artist wears an eyelash or has coloured nails? it's not groundbreaking anymore.

Mick Jagger speaks the truth. And might I remind you all that he was very gracious and complimentary to Britney when she covered “can’t get no satisfaction” (I’m not gonna try and find the interview but I remember they brought it up to him, probably thinking he’d scorn a poppy rendition of “rock and roll” (which I’m pretty sure Joan Jett was bitter about her cover of I love rock n roll) anyways - and he said something like “oh yes, she did a great job with it” or something) so he’s not always bitter is what I’m sayin lmao 

the 70s were the best era of music and I’m sure Harry is ecstatic that mick jagger spoke about him, especially when he has a new album out lol 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, bas che said:

The interview started fine but this below bothers me. He sounds like a pressed old dinasour:

And he doesn’t have a voice like mine or move on stage like me; he just has asuperficial resemblance to my younger self,”

He’s spitting facts. Mick Jagger was a rock star whose image and music were revolutionary. Harry is very, very talented but he’s a pop star, whose image and music is manufactured. I don’t think he is saying Harry’s look is superficial, but that they have a general similarity in appearance. Aside from their appearance, they aren’t that similar. It would be like comparing Justin Timberlake to Prince, or Usher to Michael Jackson. 

21 hours ago, davelivesfree said:

You don’t care but decided to write a 5 paragraph essay on not caring. Sad sad man you are lol 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Lisa88007 said:

He’s spitting facts. Mick Jagger was a rock star whose image and music were revolutionary. Harry is very, very talented but he’s a pop star, whose image and music is manufactured. I don’t think he is saying Harry’s look is superficial, but that they have a general similarity in appearance. Aside from their appearance, they aren’t that similar. It would be like comparing Justin Timberlake to Prince, or Usher to Michael Jackson. 

“Superficial resemblance” sounds like a shade to me. At least Madonna did it with class with her “reductive” comment because it’s true. Harry did not go out of his way to copy Mick Jagger’s look, it seems like a coincidence, whereas Gaga has been borrowing from Madonna and many others time and time again. 

• Haha 1
On 5/22/2022 at 2:05 PM, MikeHunt said:

I don’t know enough of Mick Jagger to give a fair opinion on the topic, but I think it must be hard for older artists to have been so original in their youth and then decades later a younger artist comes with the similar aesthetic, and then have that same generation think the newbie is being so original. We’ve seen it with Madonna/Gaga, Lil Kim/Nicki Minaj, and now Mick/Harry. The only thing I don’t like is hearing the older artist complain about the younger ones because it sounds so bitter, BUT I totally get it! I would feel like it was reductive as well and kinda like, do your own thing! It’s one thing to pay homage in a performance or music video, but when it’s constantly that vibe, I can see how it gets tired to the OGs. 

I agree. I think it's grossly unfair to compare them. I find Harry endearing and not bad, but Jagger is an absolute legend and clearly, Styles is taking cues borderline copying. Still, every new generation will compare and find the new thing hotter than the other. Only time gives people their fair place in history, once the hype died down. It's also pathetic to be so pressed as Jagger in these comments. They are so unnecessary. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, bas che said:

“Superficial resemblance” sounds like a shade to me. At least Madonna did it with class with her “reductive” comment because it’s true. Harry did not go out of his way to copy Mick Jagger’s look, it seems like a coincidence, whereas Gaga has been borrowing from Madonna and many others time and time again. 

Gaga can actually sing though.  Madonna could nevah:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Mick was a bit bitter here, just like Billy Porter. It's not like he wasnt compared to anyone before him when he was young. I dont listen Harry's songs frequently but he has a lot of influence. The younger generation needs a model, like Mick was a model to many adults today.

7 hours ago, Bigno said:

I agree. I think it's grossly unfair to compare them. I find Harry endearing and not bad, but Jagger is an absolute legend and clearly, Styles is taking cues borderline copying. Still, every new generation will compare and find the new thing hotter than the other. Only time gives people their fair place in history, once the hype died down. It's also pathetic to be so pressed as Jagger in these comments. They are so unnecessary. 

they did that to madonna when britney came out and madonna only ever praised britney (even deffended her many times).  

• Like 1
On 5/22/2022 at 3:05 PM, MikeHunt said:

I don’t know enough of Mick Jagger to give a fair opinion on the topic, but I think it must be hard for older artists to have been so original in their youth and then decades later a younger artist comes with the similar aesthetic, and then have that same generation think the newbie is being so original. We’ve seen it with Madonna/Gaga, Lil Kim/Nicki Minaj, and now Mick/Harry. The only thing I don’t like is hearing the older artist complain about the younger ones because it sounds so bitter, BUT I totally get it! I would feel like it was reductive as well and kinda like, do your own thing! It’s one thing to pay homage in a performance or music video, but when it’s constantly that vibe, I can see how it gets tired to the OGs. 

I totally agree! I have two opinions on that : Younger people always think they’re original because they don’t know the older ones (and what they accomplished to pave the way). And I think older people should embrace the change and be proud of the influence they had on younger people (even if they don’t know where it comes from!). And unfortunately, we forget over time and not everyone makes history on the same level…

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block