Laura Wasser seems to be trying to rehab her image

32 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

And I don't think it's petty to be mad at Wasser for going on a 17 day vacation right in the middle of the divorce/custody storm.  She couldn't have chosen a more vulnerable time!! And no one else at her office was informed of the details of the case enough to take her place :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Not petty at all, this is the thing - britney worked her entire life, she was used to people telling her what to do and Laura goes on and on about how her clients whine, cry and "vomit up their feeling".  Thats what she's there for at 800+ an hour, during tough times the attorney is the Kleenex and if they don't like that they can tell their client to get a therapist.  I do think it's possible that Laura realized that this would get messy and tried to get her Jimmy Choo's moving along before it got really ugly.

The thing is, she's a mom.  How could she not feel maternal towards Britney?  The distain she showed during her Depp Deposition gave me chills, she seems like a cluster b.  I can see how 20+ years of this  + botox would make someone have permanent RBF but I think, now, that she never cared about the kids and as a family law attorney thats not petty, it's cruel.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, momoncourt said:

The thing is, Wasser fired Britney - there were headlines on the post "Wasser to Britney, you're someone else's problem now" looks like that was right after vacation, go team.

https://www.tmz.com/2007/09/17/wasser-to-britney-youre-someone-elses-problem-now/

“Wasser fired britney”—yes, that’s a factual statement. BUT this happened after there was a MAJOR f.uck up on Wasser’s watch. Wasser fired B after Wasser lost a slam dunk case for B. 

After Brit came out of her forced rehab in March 2007, there was reportedly a deal for B to MAINTAIN sole custody and KFed to get $25M (essentially all B’s liquid assets at the time). There are paparazzi pics of KFed leaving the lawyers office looking all pleased with himself (bc obvs 2007 Kfed had no interest in being a full time dad, just being $$$). 

but then something spiraled out of control…we haven’t been able to sleuth how things fell apart so quickly. It went from B and Kfed both getting what they wanted (B custody, Kfed $$), a win win…which quickly fell to a lose lose (Kfed custody and only child support $, B no custody and in a CON).

something happened March/April 2007, but we haven’t figured it out yet.

^^for receipts, read @Steel Magnolia CONservatorship timeline for Jan-April 2007.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

“Wasser fired britney”—yes, that’s a factual statement. BUT this happened after there was a MAJOR f.uck up on Wasser’s watch. Wasser fired B after Wasser lost a slam dunk case for B. 

After Brit came out of her forced rehab in March 2007, there was reportedly a deal for B to MAINTAIN sole custody and KFed to get $25M (essentially all B’s liquid assets at the time). There are paparazzi pics of KFed leaving the lawyers office looking all pleased with himself (bc obvs 2007 Kfed had no interest in being a full time dad, just being $$$). 

but then something spiraled out of control…we haven’t been able to sleuth how things fell apart so quickly. It went from B and Kfed both getting what they wanted (B custody, Kfed $$), a win win…which quickly fell to a lose lose (Kfed custody and only child support $, B no custody and in a CON).

^^for receipts, read @Steel Magnolia CONservatorship timeline for Jan-April 2007.

The 9/17 date is now a bit more explained by Wasser's vacation.  She wanted to push back this hearing but Kaplan objected and apparently got his way.  Then on 9/17 it's decided that there needs to be a 730 evaluation.  

8 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

There was more than one ****up on Wasser's watch and that statement was a blanket over all of them, an attorney should be able to get a client out a a 5150 hold and Britney had two, and she didn't actually hurt anyone then checked into promises in Malibu - guess who also calls herself the queen of Malibu?  How do these dates track her rehab stays?

I wonder if Wasser really was a Trojan horse and her dad and Larry Rudolf were making these plans and having Laura do the dirty work for them.  

If she had done the asset split clean and correctly, and sealed the file - we would not all be sitting her talking about this, she makes great spaghetti.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

The 9/17 date is now a bit more explained by Wasser's vacation.  She wanted to push back this hearing but Kaplan objected and apparently got his way.  Then on 9/17 it's decided that there needs to be a 730 evaluation.  

Britney was in no state to go through a 730 evaluation, I'd like to see who they assigned for that and if they play gold with Laura's dad.

That was a terrible thing to put a young mother through.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

Britney was in no state to go through a 730 evaluation, I'd like to see who they assigned for that and if they play gold with Laura's dad.

That was a terrible thing to put a young mother through.

Here's the doc where Wasser and Kaplan list the options for 730 evaluator. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yWOIqezCVyJ1WHWVYsFTVFueiHYWwXWT/view?usp=sharing

I'm struck by how long and overblown these CVs are.  One guy lists this as an accomplishment: 

"Professional Reading Group (bi-weekly leaderless journal/book study, 90 minutes), 1983-1993."

Another one has this after continuing education:

"Winning the Custody Dispute: Effective Legal and Psychological Strategies"

The last candidate was a guest speaker for "The Business of Family Law" at USC law school.

:sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, momoncourt said:

How do these dates track her rehab stays?

you'll like this...

We mapped out the timeline of B's rehab stays bc this was the heart of B losing custody and eventually the CON. *NOTE: B had essential full custody of the kids before her forced rehab (Kevin's custody was limited to 12 hours per week at Britney's house). At some point in the rehab mess, Kevin seemingly takes the kids to his house and IMO refuses for B to see them or bring them back to her house--all of this is in violation of the custody agreement.

Also notice that the first time the divorce was announced as finalized was March 30, 2007 (10 days after B was released from rehab).

Wasser, Larry, and Jamie are in cahoots IMO. Wasser and Larry were both fired, and Jamie rehired them both when the CON started.

TIMELINE

Feb. 1, 2007 - Britney and Kevin Federline temporarily agree to continue to share joint legal custody of their two toddlers. Kevin's physical custody is limited to Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from noon to 4 pm at Britney's residence. The agreement extends until the end of February 2007.

Feb. 2, 2007 - Britney's son Sean Preston is spotted through the windows of a Vegas hotel room. It occurs the same day as a scheduled visitation with the boys by Kevin Federline at her home in Los Angeles.

Feb. 2, 2007 - Britney is photographed leaving her hotel in New York City, where she is staying for New York Fashion Week.

Feb. 6, 2007 - Britney is spotted by the paparazzi in New York City, the day before a scheduled visitation with the boys by Kevin Federline at her home in Los Angeles. That night, she parties at Club Tenjune.

Feb. 11, 2007 - Britney returns to New York City's Club Tenjune. Gossip blogs report that she throws up in her SUV after exiting the club.

Feb. 12, 2007 - Britney parties at Club ONE where she is photographed exchanging outfits with the go go dancers.

Feb. 12, 2007 - Britney takes a private flight with the boys from New York City to Miami.

Feb. 12, 2007 - Around midnight, Britney checks into the Four Seasons in Miami with the boys. She is alone, without a nanny or manager Larry Rudolph. Sources say she had planned to stay a week, but by the night of Wednesday, February 14 was feeling so "overwhelmed" that she checked out and headed back to Los Angeles.

Feb. 14, 2007 - Britney is taken to rehab in Antigua by manager Larry Rudolph. It is a Wednesday, making it one of Kevin Federline's visitation days with the boys. Within 24 hours, Britney checks herself out and returns to Miami.

Feb. 16, 2007 - Britney nearly misses her six-hour flight from Miami to Los Angeles. The walkway is re-extended so she can board the plane. It is a Friday, making it one of Kevin Federline's scheduled visitation days from noon to 4 pm at Britney's residence.

Feb. 16, 2007 - Around 7 pm, Britney shaves her head, and then sits for a new tattoo, leaving the studio around 9 pm. 

Feb. 18, 2007 - Britney is photographed drinking poolside at the Mondrian Hotel. She no longer has access to any form of money. She cannot even book a hotel room because she no longer has the full number for the black Amex credit card that was scrawled on a piece of paper.

Feb. 18, 2007 - Britney visits the Rainbow Bar & Grill in West Hollywood, and is then photographed partying with Alli Sims into the early hours of February 19th at the Roxy and Polo Lounge. After leaving the Roxy, they enter the Beverly Hills Hotel.

Feb. 19, 2007 - “Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles,” writes Lynne Spears in her book Through The Storm. “There are ***** planted in Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” Lynne claims that, "Immediately, I called the security guards at the Malibu house and asked them to check the house for *****. While I knew Kevin would never hurt my daughter like that, and I highly doubted her assistants would either, things were so fragile with Britney at the time that I wasn't taking any chances. She had just lost custody of the boys to Kevin, and she was at a very low ebb. It was midnight, but I turned around and drove to Britney's house and met her assistant, Allie. Along with the guards, we combed the house, and no ***** whatsoever were to be found. Nonetheless, Allie and I were scared to death. I didn't hear from this mysterious person again until months later...When I told him his theory had proved wrong, he protested: "There were *****; you just didn't find them," he said, earnestly." Several paragraphs later, Lynne claims the man who called about the ***** was Sam Lutfi.

Feb. 19, 2007 - On either the night of Monday, February 19 or the morning of Tuesday, February 20, while at the apartment of her brother Bryan, and in the presence of celebrity interventionist Betty Wyman, Britney is unknowingly fed an unidentified medication by her mother, Lynne Spears. According to Sam Lutfi, and confirmed by Alli Sims: "Yes, Lynne was at her sons Bryans apt in Marina Del , I believe Betty Wineman, an interventionist was present, as well as Alli Sims and there was another women [sic] there at the time. According to Lynne, she sent the unnamed woman to the pharmacy at the Ralphs Grocery Store next door to pick up an RX that she had called in, when the woman brought the pills to the apt, Lynne claims she took a pill crushed it on the kitchen counter and wiped the contents into Britneys Red Bull, in which Britney drank, passed out and later was driven to promises."

Feb. 20, 2007 - Tuesday morning, Britney checks into Promises rehabilitation center in Los Angeles. She spends that night at the facility.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Kevin Federline is granted an ex parte ["emergency" or "without notice") court hearing, presumably to request full custody of their two infant sons. The hearing is scheduled by Mark Vincent Kaplan. The date is set for Thursday, February 22.

Feb. 21 2007 - Early Wednesday morning, Britney checks out of Promises after less than 24-hours and is driven by Alli Sims to meet with prominent criminal defence attorney Blair Berk, of Tarlow & Berk. She stays until almost 12:30 pm.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Alli Sims drives Britney to the Bel Air Hotel.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7 pm, Britney is observed by X17 photographers to ring the bell three times at the gate of Kevin Federline's Tarzana residence. Kevin is inside with their two toddlers.

Feb. 21, 2007 - With Alli Sims driving, Britney departs Kevin's house and heads to a Mobil gas station in Tarzana. She exits the car and assaults the vehicle of paparazzo Daniel Ramos with an umbrella.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 7:30 pm, X17 photographers observe as Kevin Federline leaves his house and heads to Malibu's Serra Retreat to meet with Britney at their former home.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Sources tell "Extra" that Britney visits her Malibu home.

Feb. 21, 2007 - About 8:45 pm: "Extra" reports in a separate article that Britney arrives at "Kevin Federline's house."

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 9:30 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is picked up from "Kevin Federline's house" in a vehicle driven by her mother, Lynne.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:20 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney and Lynne are observed to be driving around while arguing.

Feb. 21, 2007 - At 10:33 pm: "Extra" reports that Britney is driven to Promises by her mother Lynne and checks back into rehab for the third time. In a third article, "Extra" claims video exists of Britney and Lynne entering the gates of Promises for a minimum 30-day stay.

Feb. 22, 2007 - On Thursday, the emergency child custody hearing scheduled for later in the day is cancelled. Both Jamie Spears and Mark Vincent Kaplan deny that the hearing was scheduled to take place, calling the news "misinformation." (even though the hearing was confirmed by the court clerk)

Mar. 7, 2007 - Around this time, Britney's assistant Kalie Machado claims that she received a call “at a restricted number” from Sam Lutfi. He said, "he was a private eye for Kevin and that Kevin had screwed him, so he was willing to hand over all this confidential information on Britney." Lutfi insisted they meet, says Machado, who reluctantly agreed to see him at a Santa Monica Starbucks. "He started telling me all these things," she says. "He said there was a search warrant to search Spears' Malibu house for *****, and 'I know there's a tap on your phone, and I know you're being followed.'" But for someone who claimed to know so much, says Machado, "he was asking weird questions, like 'what do you guys do during the day? Where do you go?' I was like, what a freak, so I just ended up leaving." Then, “I got more calls from Sam after that,” she remembers, “but I just ignored them.”

Mar. 20, 2007 - Britney is released from rehab. "Britney Spears has been released by the Promises Malibu Treatment Center after successfully completing their program," the pop star's manager, Larry Rudolph, said in a statement. "We ask that the media respects her privacy as well as those of her family and friends at this time."

Mar. 24, 2007 - An annual accounting shows the mailing address of Spears Management, Inc. has changed from Kentwood to that of Tri Star Sports &  Entertainment.

Mar. 29, 2007 - Kevin Federline emerges from five hours of divorce negotiations with he and Britney's attorneys, looking pleased. 

Mar. 29, 2007 - From 6 to 9 pm, Kevin's bodyguard and nanny accompany the boys for a visit to Britney's house.

Mar. 30, 2007 - Britney and Kevin reportedly finalize divorce: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-spears-divorce-one/britney-spears-agrees-to-divorce-settlement-idUSKUA07972520070331

Apr. 6, 2007 - Britney is reported to "hate" Larry Rudolph, but is said to be locked into a new five-year contract with him.

Apr. 13, 2007 - Britney fires manager Larry Rudolph.

Apr. 13, 2007 - Britney sues manager Larry Rudolph through the Labor Commissioner of the State of California. (Case No. TAC 3744)

Apr. 13, 2007 - In a taped rant, Britney says, "My management totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab - they were so right."

Apr. 19, 2007 - In a statement to Page Six, James Spears sticks up for Britney's manager Larry Rudolph - who was fired by Britney last Friday.

Apr. 25, 2007 - Britney makes a surprise appearance at the House of Blues for the first of six shows for the "M&M's Tour."

May 22, 2007 - Lynne Spears attends the season finale of Dancing with the Stars with Sam Lutfi, as well as discusses shoe and jewelry endorsements with him. 

June 28, 2007 - Mark Vincent Kaplan and his client Kevin Federline write to Britney to request a 730 custody evaluation, which typically involves mental health professionals who assist in determining the best interests of the children in the case.

June 28, 2007 - Britney visits the set of Zoey 101 to serve her mother with a faux restraining order regarding the boys.

July 30, 2007 - Britney and Kevin's divorce is finalized, with the couple sharing joint 50/50 legal and physical custody of the boys. (This is the second time the divorce has been reported as settled)

Aug. 1, 2007 - Howard Grossman appears in property records as a third trustee for the Love Shack Trust, alongside Todd E. Gelfand and Richard Feldstein.

Aug. 6, 2007 - Gossip blogs report that Britney has hired Jeff Kwanitez of The Firm to manage her career.

Aug. 8, 2007 - Mark Vincent Kaplan's law firm submits a Order to Show Cause (OSC) filing to the family court asking to modify custody. The filing includes five witness declarations with 29 exhibits that Kaplan claims provides material evidence of Britney's drinking and **** use, along with a lengthy list of other behaviours he claims affects the wellbeing of the children, including: "Petitioner's in-and-out trips to rehab and ongoing failure to provide required proof of her compliance with her discharge recommendations from Promises Treatment Center. (For several months prior to filing the OSC, we attempted, without success, to obtain from Petitioner her discharge records from Promises and proof of her compliance therewith from Dr. Wyman.)"

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

This is a good article to add to the archives. But, I was thinking of a specific pic from March 29, 2009. It might have been a video. Its so hard to keep track of all the sources, articles, and media.

Did she stab Jolie in the back too? Has a pattern of questionable integrity ( and placing articles praising her and trashing Jolie)

Angelina was having trust issues with Wasser,” especially given Wasser’s historically close relationship with TMZ, the same outlet which has been trashing Jolie for two years.  

https://www.cele*****y.com/590011/so_why_did_angelina_jolie_go_outside_of_the_la_legal_pool_for_her_new_lawyer/ 

Wasser represented Kelly Clarkson too, and left her with hefty payments to lower net worth  ex. Doesn't seem as good as all her placed articles tout her to be. Seems more of a liability 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thethings.com/kelly-clarkson-brandon-blackstocks-divorce-settlement/

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I heard she started the rumors about Pitt being an alcoholic.  The fact that Kfed was at her office twice, a few years apart signals to me that she was too close to the family to represent them effectively, she was removed (with another attorney) from Dr Dre's case after advising the family for decades prior to their split.  And what she's doing to Kanye?  She's trying to get him on a 5150 so he can't see his kids, because that worked so well with Kfed. 

In her Depp deposition when asked if she sealed the clients case with the court she said "we don't do that" and I'm not sure why Elaine didn't press her harder on that.  That's basically an admission that she is more interested in TMZ air time than she is with protecting minors.

If she wants to move in on Blair Berk's territory and be a criminal defense attorney I'll stop calling her a homewrecker, if you want to defend toxic people just be clear about what you are doing and leave kids out of it.

• Love 2
  • 1 year later...
On 5/25/2022 at 1:38 PM, Onyx1Boss said:

Wasser has a lot of "look how awesome Wasser is" pieces out in the press.

From the Depp trial, Amber suggested Wasser leaked to TMZ. 

So, does she sell her clients out, for money? Was Wasser in cahoots with Heard/ Spears fam? Trojan horse? (Depp, Britney divorces didn't go so well)

Wouldn't be surprised

So why in the name of all that's holey would Britney be hiring the snake again?

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block