Laura Wasser seems to be trying to rehab her image

12 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

this is really good context. 

Thanks.  I, as well, grew up among entertainment folk and in a family of attorneys.  It's a very small world, with social media changing that map the olden timers like Rudolf, Wasser and Weinstein are in a collapsing house of cards.  I'm not saying I find delight in the downfall but it's been interesting to watch this house of cards go down.  Rudolf was smart to quit law and focus on exploiting teen pop starts, I see Wasser going in the same direction with the home goods line and magazine.  She can smell her own mess.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, momoncourt said:

it would be impossible for Laura to not know about Weinstein, she talks a mile about "growing up in Hollywood", she visits NYC frequently and "bumps into TMZ reporters on the street" she represented Jolie in her split from Pitt (made a mess of that one too) but Jolie has always spoken out against Weinstein.   She's the queen of Schadenfreude, not Disso Queen as she likes to say.  Britney should have kept her Malibu mansion and lived off royalties, having as many babies as she wants, picking her own Dr's, etc.  I see Wasser sending people to rehab just to discredit them as casually as getting a manicure, if she would do the work and seal her clients cases her filthy fingerprints would not be all over the homestyle spaghetti reports that she probably writes drunk, her insta seems to be heavy on the "wine mom" theme.

Oooh this is juicy!!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

exploiting teen pop starts

I wish more people were talking about the legal contracting aspect of this. Its cut and dry exploitation. All the big stars caught in bad contracts were signed by their parents before the age of consent. And once these entertainment mob families owns a star, the artist is left with very few options.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

If this is true, then its one degree of Harvey Levin between Wasser and Larry. @Steel Magnolia and @Ghoulia that adds color to lingering questions we had about Larry's role in B's divorce, him getting fired the second time, and the CON getting established.

This article: https://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/fashion/07britney.html

has haunted me since 07. 

It would not surprise me in the least if Mark Vincent Kaplan and Harvey Levin worked with Larry Rudolf to script Britney’s meltdown. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

and maybe Wasser too by the sounds of it

it's been more than suggested.  KFed should have no access to Britneys team, particularly post-divorce her attorney particularly should have no contact with her ex.  If a client has a **** problem the acceptable thing to do is to quietly bow out and give a referral, privately - to another attorney.  Attorneys are not licensed to provide medical advice and I think "interventions" fall in that category.  

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

it's been more than suggested.  KFed should have no access to Britneys team, particularly post-divorce her attorney particularly should have no contact with her ex.  If a client has a **** problem the acceptable thing to do is to quietly bow out and give a referral, privately - to another attorney.  Attorneys are not licensed to provide medical advice and I think "interventions" fall in that category.  

No direct mention of Harvey Levin in that transcript, right? I would love to see something that links the LAPD, Levin, Kaplan and Rudolf or Wasser.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, momoncourt said:

at 1.55, Courtney mentions Wasser Britney and Weinstein in the same breath.  She says Laura Wasser would "never talk to TMZ" but Laura is regularly on TMZ.

In the original postings on that insta account courtney looked away jokingly when she mentioned LW would never call TMZ. ie LW definitely would call them

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Ribs6969 said:

In the original postings on that insta account courtney looked away jokingly when she mentioned LW would never call TMZ. ie LW definitely would call them

She is on TMZ so much she should have saddle sores, Wasser is spread to thin and went to college before computers were normal.  In a town the size of Malibu I'm sure knowing a cop in 2002 was small beans, she'd rather talk about all the agents she went to the high school with (and the semester in Switzerland ).  

We get it, your dad has money - maybe be your own woman in your 50's.  Without exploiting people.

• Haha 3
On 5/26/2022 at 4:00 PM, Ghoulia said:

This article: https://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/fashion/07britney.html

has haunted me since 07. 

It would not surprise me in the least if Mark Vincent Kaplan and Harvey Levin worked with Larry Rudolf to script Britney’s meltdown. 

On 5/26/2022 at 4:13 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

and maybe Wasser too by the sounds of it

With a little Michael Sands thrown into the mix?

On 5/26/2022 at 3:29 PM, momoncourt said:

Am I correct that the events described herein date all the way back to 2008? :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Wasser and the Hillbilly Clan of Criminals may have started collaborating together much earlier than commonly thought.

I would argue that the chain of event began as far back as November of 2006.

this links her to Rudolf the red-handed teen exploiter in 2001 https://www.mark-guarino.com/chicago-daily-herald/564-the-marketing-of-britney and yes, I think the beverly hillbillies were based on Laura's Wasser's family 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
52 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

this links her to Rudolf the red-handed teen exploiter in 2001 https://www.mark-guarino.com/chicago-daily-herald/564-the-marketing-of-britney and yes, I think the beverly hillbillies were based on Laura's Wasser's family 

The marketing of Britney --> this is an excellent article, thank you.  

"Her limbo, said image guru Christensen, is the inevitably cruel trap for pop royalty forced to never completely give up the crown by the very people who have shaped their entire career." Chilling.  This is from November 26th, 2001.  

Now I understand her career a little better.  Larry took his budding pop star and branded the absolute bejeezus out of her.  She wasn't just a musical artist, but she was a character in our lives.  This documentary is a little dated but the information is valid.  It outlines how and why children are so susceptible to marketing techniques, and how advertisers use this to exploit kids and teens to sell products.  We fell in love with Britney and then were able to wallpaper our lives with Britney Brand merch.

Speaking of Larry, I keep going back to this article: https://lawnews.hofstra.edu/2016/05/18/larry-rudolph-88-reign-maker-for-britney-spears-and-miley-cyrus/ .  Now I understand the two full-time jobs comment.  He had a full schedule copywriting and branding Britney's likeness and all associated IP.  That's where he saw her potential, and it also explains his ability to treat her like such a thing, not a person.  And dad-exploded-colon Jamie was not about to let the brand wither on the vine in 2006, so we see the escalation of a mental health crisis playing out before the public's eyes.  

Rudolph, who started the Entertainment and Copyright Law Digest and managed a local Long Island band when he was a student at Hofstra Law, encourages law school students interested in music management to first practice law for a while.

“A law degree will help,” he says, “but there’s nothing like real life practice when you’re in the manager’s seat.”

“Launching Britney’s career was an explosion,” he says. “It was more than a full-time job — it was two full-time jobs, and after that I didn’t have any time for law work.”

Rudolph wasn’t new to music management, “but artist management,” he says, “wasn’t my career path until fortuitously meeting Britney.”

• Love 3

Huh, Rudolf started magazines and now... in 2022, Wasser is trying publishing her own. 

I think it's sad that Rudolf didn't (doesn't) have better connections than Pepsi and sad merch, Britney basically got what Backstreet got.  But that all strikes me as very New York, it's an old town and people are all about their connections.  Early aughts were prime daytime TV, Ricky Lake had a talk show.  Britney could have been another Oprah.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block