Is Ava Max the next Lady Gaga?

This thread again...

And no, after their one hit wonder Sweet But Psycho and incredibly slow rollout of singles before the initial album released (and flopped) Ava has lost the chance of becoming big. Sure there is always potential but claiming she's the one that brought pop back after one hit wonder, many flopped singles and flop album, don't see much happening for her because the music is stale. Her single Maybe You're The Problem just released for the second album is actually recycled. She has to build upon the old stuff and introduce a new sound. 

FYI no hate toward Ava Max. I listen to every song, her album, and even unreleased, but yeah, she needs to step it up in order to have top chart success.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Have you seen her new hairdo? If anything she's the next Rihanna (or at least she's trying to be :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:). She mostly works with Cirkut, so I suppose you could also make the case than she's trying to be the new Kesha too, especially with her recent edgy personality.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Have you seen her new hairdo? If anything she's the next Rihanna (or at least she's trying to be :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:). She mostly works with Cirkut, so I suppose you could also make the case than she's trying to be the new Kesha too, especially with her recent edgy personality.

I’m loving the red hair! It’s about time she switched it up! 

I wouldn't' call her the next Gaga. I definitely feel Ava is releasing the type of music that Gaga would have released has she continued the Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance route. Most of Gaga's recent stuff is a little too artsy.

Ava has yet to disappoint. Every single she's released has been amazing and that especially goes for her new song: 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

Ava has yet to disappoint. Every single she's released has been amazing and that especially goes for her new song:

Yeah, to bop your head for a while, then you completely forget her. You know, the Normanis of the world: overhyped but bland.

Next Gaga, no. 

However, I have to disagree with some saying Heaven and Hell flopped... It has actually been certified gold in the US which is not a flop. 

Also, I wouldn't call her a one hit wonder either... Sweet But Psycho and Kings & Queens both made it into the top 15 of the Billboard Hot 100. The Motto is on the chart now and it keeps climbing. 

I hope the best success for Ava and I'm definitely looking forward to her upcoming album. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Lane said:

Next Gaga, no. 

However, I have to disagree with some saying Heaven and Hell flopped... It has actually been certified gold in the US which is not a flop. 

Also, I wouldn't call her a one hit wonder either... Sweet But Psycho and Kings & Queens both made it into the top 15 of the Billboard Hot 100. The Motto is on the chart now and it keeps climbing. 

I hope the best success for Ava and I'm definitely looking forward to her upcoming album. 

3 top 10 songs in germany (Sweet but Psycho, Salt, The Motto) 

#2 in the UK for heaven and hell 

She isn't a flop, the rollout however is a flop, all the obvious hitsongs flopped, which is very weird. 

8 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Yeah, to bop your head for a while, then you completely forget her. You know, the Normanis of the world: overhyped but bland.

I agree with you that Normani is overhyped, but you can't compare Ava and Normani. Ava sings better, has a larger audience, consistently releases music, a full album, has had chart success, and rakes up hundreds of millions in youtube views. Pay respects to new artists where it's due. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

I agree with you that Normani is overhyped, but you can't compare Ava and Normani. Ava sings better, has a larger audience, consistently releases music, a full album, has had chart success, and rakes up hundreds of millions in youtube views. Pay respects to new artists where it's due. 

I came here because of the ridiculous title of this thread, not because I want to destroy her career. Also, I'm a knowledgeable pop music lover, I can distinguish a star. Maybe you mean she works hard and has a fan base? Ok............

7 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I came here because of the ridiculous title of this thread, not because I want to destroy her career. Also, I'm a knowledgeable pop music lover, I can distinguish a star. Maybe you mean she works hard and has a fan base? Ok............

I'm saying she's not forgettable and has already made a little mark in the music world for herself. She's literally in the same boat as Dua before Dua released Future Nostalgia. All Ava needs is her 'Don't Start Now'. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

I'm saying she's not forgettable and has already made a little mark in the music world for herself. She's literally in the same boat as Dua before Dua released Future Nostalgia. All Ava needs is her 'Don't Start Now'. 

I honestly don't think that's it..... I can't remember Ava's voice, she sounds like a backup singer, there's nothing distinctive or exciting about it. Dua on the other hand has a one of a kind voice; you may like it or not, but it's super recognizable AND she has an attractive personality, so her global success was bound to happen. I see none of that with Ava.

OK, I have nothing left to say about this, keep enjoying her!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block