Where's Jesy Nelson?

It has been so long since we have heard from Jesy. In October, she released Boyz with Nicki Minaj:

Unfortunately, she was met with lots of criticism due to the video style and other things (Let's not rehash those moments). :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: Not even Nicki could save the song from backlash, as she was part of the drama (referencing Little Mix and Jesy drama).

She performed the song at the Graham Norton Show  (again faced lots of criticism due to her debut solo performance being mostly lip sync, allegedly) and at the Jingle Ball (more criticism). 

Last I have heard was she was supposed to release a new song earlier this year, but silence..... :searching_looking:

Personally, I think she will do well as a solo artist. She has a great voice, can dance quite well, and she was one of my favs in Little Mix. Anyone anxious about her next single? Any updates??? 

Well i know by her IG she's in LA recording new music apparently. But i honestly dont understand why she still hasnt released a new single since Boyz last October when even before then she spent months recording. Boyz was successful and i must admit i love the song, so i thought her team wouldve thought strike when the irons hot and release another song soon . i think in December i read a new single was being released in January but thats long gone now

Only thing i can think of is shes waiting a long time to distance herself from the blackfish backlash she got for the music video, but i doubt thats going to be forgotten  

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Well i know by her IG she's in LA recording new music apparently. But i honestly dont understand why she still hasnt released a new single since Boyz last October when even before then she spent months recording. Boyz was successful and i must admit i love the song, so i thought her team wouldve thought strike when the irons hot and release another song soon . i think in December i read a new single was being released in January but thats long gone now

Only thing i can think of is shes waiting a long time to distance herself from the blackfish backlash she got for the music video, but i doubt thats going to be forgotten  

I know she had a single in the works rumored to be Heartbreak Hotel that was supposed to be released back in Jan or February. Hmmm…

Yeah she’s not escaping the backlash faced from the video sadly. But I at least hope the GP gives her a real second chance. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

apparently record bosses were unimpressed with what she recorded and told her to scrap it and start again Jesy Nelson debut solo album 'scrapped' as tunes 'fail to impress record label bosses' - Mirror Online

She's recently got back from LA after being there for 8 weeks recording new music.

She's also been back in the studio a lot since she got back to London with Tayla Parx who worked on Sweet Melody, 7 Rings, Thank u next etc.

• Like 4

She definitely seems happier, i kinda feel like she took a break, from the memes and the press 

She disappeared, and you can tell it was what she needed, some time off, something she wasn't allowed to do as a member of little mix..

I kinda feel LA is home to her as nobody knows who she is outside the rare mixer, who's opinion on her arent really good as they love Leigh Anne. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators

Jesy Nelson's debut album has reportedly been delayed after record executives were left unimpressed with some early versions of her songs.

According to The Sun, Jesy was told by record label bosses to 'go back to the drawing board' when they heard some of the music she has been working on.

A source said: “Jesy has worked incredibly hard on her solo music. After releasing Boyz last year, she let the label hear early versions of the songs she had come up with”

The bosses felt sure there was potential there but they wanted her to go back to the drawing board. They felt the tracks would benefit from it so that is what she has done.

“She is determined to only play them the new music when it's perfect, so they haven't heard any more since then.”

The insider added that there are 'high hopes' for Jesy's album when it's completed. 

However, a source told MailOnline that Jesy has only played demos to her record label and has yet to send them her full album, which isn't finished yet.

They said: 'Jesy has never sent the label early versions of the album, she had a bunch of demos which she played record labels last year before she signed, and she recently came back from LA with new songs - that the label is yet to hear. 

'No one knows which songs will make the final cut, Jesy is still working on the music, so it doesn't make sense for label bosses to pencil a release date until she's finished.'

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jesy-nelson-debut-solo-album-27149759.amp 

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She definitely seems happier, i kinda feel like she took a break, from the memes and the press 

She disappeared, and you can tell it was what she needed, some time off, something she wasn't allowed to do as a member of little mix..

I kinda feel LA is home to her as nobody knows who she is outside the rare mixer, who's opinion on her arent really good as they love Leigh Anne. 

She definitely seems SOOOO much happier. She's responded to a few fans DM's stating the news is fake and the press are making stuff up and she has not scrapped her album.

I feel like even if the girls wanted her back in Little Mix she wouldn't return!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

She definitely seems SOOOO much happier. She's responded to a few fans DM's stating the news is fake and the press are making stuff up and she has not scrapped her album.

I feel like even if the girls wanted her back in Little Mix she wouldn't return!

I don't think she wants to go back either, the girls are more popular with the traditional dance Europop sound associated with British girl groups, i can tell outside the Spice girls and especially Geri (probably due to her humor as she said she was the fat one of the group as well).

She's more into American music and the boyz video showed that..

I truly feel she's going to move to the US..

Cos she feels like she can be herself and not worry about what the UK press is gonna think or say. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block