Tove Lo 'No One Dies From Love' + New Independent Era

lane j.

I'm surprised to hear that she isn't on Island anymore, she has her own label now Pretty Swede through mtheory. 

“It’s amazing — I have a lot of freedom, and it’s been fun to work with mtheory. This will be the first release under my label. I’m a pop girl, but I like to make things weird and be in full control of the whole vision. This is the perfect way to put out exactly what I want.”

• Love 1

Did she miss? Of course not. :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

1 hour ago, Lane said:

I'm surprised to hear that she isn't on Island anymore, she has her own label now Pretty Swede through mtheory. 

“It’s amazing — I have a lot of freedom, and it’s been fun to work with mtheory. This will be the first release under my label. I’m a pop girl, but I like to make things weird and be in full control of the whole vision. This is the perfect way to put out exactly what I want.”

Interesting. I didn’t know this. T4p! I feel like going indie is way better for more niche artists who don’t have to deal with the pressure and soul-sucking qualities that a label can have for them. Kim Petras seems to be going through it right now with her label, so I’m glad Tove Lo has freedom.

• Love 1

My only small complaint is that I wish the bridge from the video was in the audio that's on streamers. 

'I miss the cool things we'd do, but what I miss the most is watching movies with you.' ❤️

Hoping the album version contains it. 

There's a reason why she went independent, part of it is Music is now on the internet, and it's no longer like it was in the 90s, where you needed it.

Another reason why, is in the lady wood era, Her US label with the lyrics and the infamous shot of her breasts in the booklet, they were pissed they refused a physical edition of Blue lips cos of the cover of the album cover was so explicit.  

Her grabbing her cheeks between her floss.

Disco ****, island was pissed, even Jimmy Fallon said performing, her latest single fron her Upcoming album "Blue Lips", it's tove lo.

Most people noticed he didn't say the song title, and it's because he couldn't. 

She did admit her US Label asked her to tone it down, for the people in America.

Our culture is different than sweden..

She was like Fuxk You, you guys are so into censorship, in my country, we play these songs with all the explicit language intact, it's not shock value or controversial..

Island looked at her contract, and basically dropped her. 

Sunshine kitty was her last album under the 4 album deal..

So she went this route, and I expect charli XCX as well, cos watching a lot of videos Atlantic, her US Label kept sending her back in the recording studio until they felt it was good enough to get it out.

Crash is her last album under the deal with Warner music, i expect her to go independent as well, cos the females that they deem unmarketable or like un commercial are better off independent.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block