"Make Me..." Deserves Better

1 hour ago, Stefani said:

Not y'all stanning Make Me when Slumber Party is right there. :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Honestly, Slumber Party is still iconic - video and all… She did what needed to be done after the Make Me video. 

My favorite from Glory… Mood Ring and Change Your Mind right behind it or tied cause they are fire.

Britney Spears Hair Flip GIF by Billboard Music Awards

• Love 1

We’re being honest let’s be honest… 

i absolutely loved the song upon first listen, I was doing a little **** dance and everything in my living room:werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative:… 

And then I heard dywco and thought “wow this is so much better why wasn’t this the lead single” 

And you’re right I was so dissatisfied with the make me video we got, and the vmas performance was lackluster, not to mention the make me’s iconic cringey choreography that came to be known on exhale as- Kneetapney

then when the album came out I thought there were so many better lead single choices!

im convinced to this day “Better” should’ve been the lead single. It definitely had a song of the summer vibes 2016 feel, make me was such a strange summer single choice.

My dream single choices for glory- 

Better

just love me

Man on the moon

Liar 

Spoiler

Remember when Larry said Glory would have 5 singles, and was The Weeknd inspired :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

• Haha 3

I was really excited for make me at the time and wouldn't stop listening to it but now, I never listen to it, I find it kind of boring & g-reazy ruins the track for me :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away: 

while I do get why fans would like it because she was finally doing something other than EDM & it really was the most we got from britney in a long while, I think it was just horrible timing all round.

I think had the era started a year earlier & we got the ACTUAL album art/video treatment for make me it could've been a really successful era for her (no one even come at me for saying this there is nothing wrong with wanting to see chart success). I think because glory came out the year after purpose & revival (which really made the whole chill pop/r&b sound popular on the charts in 2015) that by the time glory came out people had moved on and it just looked like an attempt to chase a hit a year too late imo

• Love 1

I respectfully disagree. The song has some great vocals, sure, and was an upgrade from the inconsistency we saw during Britney Jean but nowhere was “Make Me” a stand-out track. The song felt very disposable and forgotten upon release. The God-awful G-Eazy verse also ruined any potential the song could have had on Top 40 radio. The theme was overdone yet Britney fans keep trying to convince themselves the song was a breath of fresh air because she released a mid-tempo instead of an uptempo. Big deal. Down, mid or uptempo — the song and lyrical content (other than the vocal layering in the chorus) was nothing special and hardly had any redeeming qualities hence why the general public wasn’t here for it, simple as that. Like…second best lead? Ok jan… :umwtf_britney_wth_um_wow_eyes_big_okay:

Not to mention, “Make Me” doesn’t even get much hate on here. Then again, it’s Exhale and most people here aren’t quite known for their music taste. Now you want to know a song that actually gets mistreated? “Me Against the Music”. That song is pure perfection and severely underrated amongst this fanbase. 

• Love 3

I like Make Me but in my opinion it wasn't a good choice for the lead single... It's too basic and random for general public, it's not that catchy, I'm sorry Urbanney :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad::explainlol_stare_spin:

The song is good and I like it but compare it to Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, BOMT, OIDIA... I hate the fact that this was the lead single :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Liar, Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Better, Change Your Mind, Do You Wanna Come Over should have been considered as the lead single of Glory :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

• Like 3
8 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I love this thread, thank you for appreciating her VISION AND PASSION 18 YEARS INTO THE BUSINESS. She keeps delivering each time, and fans not seeing that is nerve-racking to me. It was EXACTLY what we wanted and what we needed back then, and the vocals are still a SERVE. It was a time when the conversation had started to pivot towards Britney doing "always the same", and that's the worst thing that can happen to an artist. But of course, then she didn't break any records nor got to number 1 so most fans turned on her. Disgusting. Something similar happened when "Criminal" was released, we were being heard and we even got to vote on it, but when that single didn't resonate with the GP then most fans started slandering it.
And like you said, "Glory" is the album for which we agreed the least on the potential singles because EVERYTHING IS SINGLE MATERIAL. Grab any album from any current artist and tell me if that's even possible.

LMFAOOOOO JSJDJJSJS BYE 

THE DELUSION OF THE ENTIRETY OF THIS POST

HELP @Blackout2006 💀💀

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Henry M. Torres said:

I like Make Me but in my opinion it wasn't a good choice for the lead single... It's too basic and random for general public, I'm sorry Urbanney :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad::explainlol_stare_spin:

The song is good and I like it but compare it to Toxic, Gimme More, Womanizer, BOMT... I hate the fact that this was the lead single :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

Liar, Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Better, Change Your Mind, Do You Wanna Come Over should have been considered as the lead single of Glory :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

Exhale is so tasteless. They think we don’t like “Make Me” because it was a mid-tempo (as if masterpieces like “Lucky”, “That’s Where You Take Me”, “Early Mornin”, etc. don’t exist) and because it flopped. Like no hun. It flopped because no one, outside of her YAS QUEEN 💅 gays, were here for it. 

Also, none of those songs you mentioned were lead single material except for “Slumber Party” and maybe “LMD”/“Change Your Mind”. “Liar” sounds too rough and dated (cute track tho). “Better” sounds cheap and has bad lyrics. “DYWCO” has Pigrez H*lton singing the chorus and the song sounds like it belongs on a Gr*ndr commercial. No thanks. Would have tanked harder than “MM”.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Also, none of those songs you mentioned were lead single material except for “Slumber Party” and maybe “LMD”/“Change Your Mind”. “Liar” sounds too rough and dated (cute track tho). “Better” sounds cheap and has bad lyrics. “DYWCO” has Pigrez H*lton singing the chorus and the song sounds like it belongs on a Gr*ndr commercial. No thanks. Would have tanked harder than “MM”.

Love Me Down, Change Your Mind, Liar are catchy, sis :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: General public would enjoy it more than Make Me imo... It's way easier to remember these songs after first listen than MM and even Slumber Party :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

18 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

“DYWCO” has Pigrez H*lton singing the chorus 

What the hell :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::pretends_shocked_wow_rihanna_surprised:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block