Lady Gaga drops the music video for "Hold My Hand"

1st listen, I’m not living but… I mean she sounds good.  it’s for a movie I have zero knowledge of (I’ve never seen Top Gun or whatever) so I guess I’m just unimpressed with the message of the song. 

she could have been clearer with the lyrics  

:fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Not a fan of the random songs she’ll throw out here and there like this one or the cure. It just sounds so dated but in a bad way. I get wanting to appeal to old golden globe or Oscar voters. But if you’re going to do that at least make it good??? Sell out but make it good hunny not crap. Madonna has had some beautiful soundtrack songs beautiful stranger.. this used to be my playground etc. Gaga should stay in her lane. Discombobulated works better for her be quiet tanisha thomas GIF

10 hours ago, Marcusmarcus said:

Not a fan of the random songs she’ll throw out here and there like this one or the cure. It just sounds so dated but in a bad way. I get wanting to appeal to old golden globe or Oscar voters. But if you’re going to do that at least make it good??? Sell out but make it good hunny not crap. Madonna has had some beautiful soundtrack songs beautiful stranger.. this used to be my playground etc. Gaga should stay in her lane. Discombobulated works better for her be quiet tanisha thomas GIF

This isn’t comparable to the cure in any way imo. I respect her for making music that most pop singers simply could not pull off. 
Did y’all really expect to pop your poons to a song made for a film that has a primarily straight male fan base? :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

1 hour ago, Aymama said:

This isn’t comparable to the cure in any way imo. I respect her for making music that most pop singers simply could not pull off. 
Did y’all really expect to pop your poons to a song made for a film that has a primarily straight male fan base? :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

Some of the gays seemed to be expecting a dance-pop song despite the movie being aimed at the straights. Like, did they think Tom Cruise was going to be voguing to a Lady Gaga song in the movie or...? :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

The video elevates the song, but I hate movie soundtrack music videos on principle since they always feature way too many clips from the movie they promote. Would've been a perfect video with just Gaga tbh. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

Chromatica tour is about to be all ballads huh

Oh god I hope not. Everytime I think 'Chromatica Ball' I just think bangers, I can't see any room for any ballads. Not even Hold My Hand. I'm sure Gaga would kill the song live but it'd be better if she performed it at the Jazz + Piano shows. I suppose I wouldn't mind the odd ballad at Chromatica Ball though.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Isla said:

Oh god I hope not. Everytime I think 'Chromatica Ball' I just think bangers, I can't see any room for any ballads. Not even Hold My Hand. I'm sure Gaga would kill the song live but it'd be better if she performed it at the Jazz + Piano shows. I suppose I wouldn't mind the odd ballad at Chromatica Ball though.

I agree but I think she already confirmed Shallow and Hold My Hand are on the setlist. If she invites Tony Bennett on tour that'll be the last nail in the coffin  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Just now, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I agree but I think she already confirmed Shallow and Hold My Hand are on the setlist. If she invites Tony Bennett on tour that'll be the last nail in the coffin for the tour  :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Wait she did nnn? And I can't see Tony at the Chromatica Ball. He's pretty much retired at this point. If he makes one final appearance the Jazz + Piano shows would make more sense.

Just now, Isla said:

Wait she did nnn? And I can't see Tony at the Chromatica Ball. He's pretty much retired at this point. If he makes one final appearance the Jazz + Piano shows would make more sense.

Yeah, at least that's what I heard on Legends Only pod. It's not too suprising though given that the tour was posponed so much (to the point that most folks presumed it was never happening) until it suddenly sprang back to life in March. Unless she went straight into full rehearsal mode after the Gucci press tour, then I imagine she's gonna want to spend as much of the show as possible singing behind a piano. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block