Doja Cat: music is dead to me

So she treated some fans (aka the folks who help support her career) badly by not interacting with them, and she's turned it around and made herself the victim? I don't believe that she'll quit music for a second, but the fact that she's so upset about something this petty - but fine with working with Dr. "gave Kesha roofies in 2005" Luke - says a lot about her. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1

The majority of you are absolutely brainless. Celebrities are human and struggle. Let’s not forget our beloved Britney was harassed in Mexico when she couldn’t finish her show due to the bad weather and for what the media claimed as “flipping off fans” but suddenly mental health doesn’t matter? Her hotel is her “home”. She can do whatever the **** she wants. That being said, fans have no business harassing and stalking celebrities/artists at their hotel and getting mad because they didn’t step outside —  especially in the midst of a storm. They don’t owe you ****, especially when you stalk them outside their hotel or home where you’re not supposed to be. Like have we not learned anything from Britney and her past struggles? Because at this point, it just baffles me that Britney fans have the least understanding despite our fave literally going through a similar kind of harassment by the fans/media. Makes me sit back and think that fans actually played a big role in Britney’s mental health struggle because of their lack of understanding. You guys weren’t and aren’t mental health advocates unless it fits your narrative. Shame on all of you speaking down on Doja Cat and feeding into the culture of unrealistic idolization; as if these artists or celebrities aren’t human beings who go through emotions. Stan/fan culture is a menace to our society.

LIKE HAVE WE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING??? Thank God, the majority of other fanbases and the general public are sticking up for Doja and realizing how foolish the South American fans/media behaved.

• Love 7
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, bbbsss said:

who cares? she doesn’t bring anything new or exciting to the table anyway, good riddance tbh 

:beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

You're wrong. Doja Cat is one of, if not the greatest, most fresh and exciting pop stars to debut within the last 10 years. Let’s not forget that when Britney was in her prime, the rock’n’roll zeitgeists of Generation X said the exact same things about her.  At this point, you’re either delusional, your hypocrisy is showing and/or you’re just some pressed and bitter millennial who’s stuck in the past and hates on every current artist like Generation X did to Britney. Doja Cat is THE moment. Stay delusional.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

LIKE HAVE WE NOT LEARNED ANYTHING PEOPLE???

This. Clearly not. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Saved me some time cause I was about to write a similar essay. 

Btw noone cares if you care or not whether Doja leaves or not I swear these petty exhalers are so funny :eyes_britney_laugh:

Also I can't WAIT for somebody to say f political correctness and read all these entitled so called fans or whatnot to hell. Brit kinda started doing it 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wixbix said:

This. Clearly not. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

Saved me some time cause I was about to write a similar essay. 

Btw noone cares if you care or not whether Doja leaves or not I swear these petty exhalers are so funny :eyes_britney_laugh:

Exactly. Like I really can’t stand the delusion on here as if our fave didn’t struggle with harassment from fans and the media. Ironic enough, the majority of other fanbases — as well as the general public — are actually sticking up for Doja and being understanding of mental health amongst celebrities yet the Britney fans pushing 40 on here are finding yet another excuse to drag and be bitter towards a newer successful female artist. You’d think Britney’s repulsive fanbase would have an ounce of understanding yet after over a decade, they still can’t seem to grasp in their puny brains that celebrities are humans that go through emotions and sometimes want to be left alone without having to explain everything or be apologetic. Go figure. :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand: It’s just so annoying how I always have to knock some sense and do a reality check more often than I’d like on here. The delusion amongst Exhale is on a whole other level.

• Love 2

Doja seems to be so frustrated bc this new huge record label is overworking her. I think Doja always enjoyed music and was very talented with it, but her mom was always there to catch her if she fell. Doja didn’t even graduate high school and her mom was fine with it. I think Doja sees her music/dancing as art and is upset that it’s so commercialized now. She can’t wake up any time she wants, she can’t write anything on Twitter without an uproar from the public, she can’t make the genres she wants to… all bc this huge record label owns her craft now. 

I think Doja’s attitude towards music has to do with how she was raised. Her mother was a powerful nurse at a hospital and they lived in a fancy area of CA. If Doja wasn’t in the mood to record a song one day or if she wanted to rest, she could. Her mother made enough money to give Doja a comfortable life doing what she loved. 
Meanwhile, Britney grew up in in poverty, so her family always pushed her to work her *** off for the things she wanted. She knew if she wanted ANYTHING, she had to put in the work. Britney and her family saw her talent as: Wow! I get to do the thing I love: performing while making a ton of money doing it! She always needed the money and her family used her talent as a money making thing. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

This generation of tik tok singers can't handle criticism and are hugely spoiled. Music industry is saturated with Doja cats so.... Thank you for the music. 

The irony of this post when she actually handled the criticism well by not giving a **** and being unapologetic which is refreshing to see. Also, Doja Cat isn’t a Tik Tok singer. Do some research before you post next time. Google is free.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Doja Cat is one of, if not the greatest, most fresh and exciting pop stars to debut within the last 10 years. Let’s not forget that when Britney was in her prime, the rock’n’roll zeitgeists of Generation X said the exact same things about her.  At this point, you’re either delusional, your hypocrisy is showing and/or you’re just some pressed and bitter millennial who’s stuck in the past and hates on every current artist like Generation X did to Britney. Doja Cat is THE moment. Stay delusional.

i’d rather be a bitter millennial than tasteless and deaf

:byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

So she treated some fans (aka the folks who help support her career) badly by not interacting with them, and she's turned it around and made herself the victim? I don't believe that she'll quit music for a second, but the fact that she's so upset about something this petty - but fine with working with Dr. "gave Kesha roofies in 2005" Luke - says a lot about her. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Fans shouldn’t act like the own her and stalk her while it’s dangerously flooding outside :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Fr tho, Dojas A legend. Mexico treated Britney the same way over a storm…imagine being so huge an entire country hates you!

38 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Fans shouldn’t act like the own her and stalk her while it’s dangerously flooding outside :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

36 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

This, LEAVE DOJA ALONEleave me alone crying GIF

Not you spilling for once :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block