Mariah Carey jumps on "Big Energy" remix

SJK

1 minute ago, Prachi said:

It has nothing to do with Mimi, fantasy has been processed here in a different key. Listen to both and you will realise. 

Play them side by side my dear - it’s the same key. And fantasy isn’t the sample. The sample is from an older song which Mariah also used for fantasy. Know your facts before you drop hate :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

Play them side by side my dear - it’s the same key. And fantasy isn’t the sample. The sample is from an older song which Mariah also used for fantasy. Know your facts before you drop hate :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

I am a big Mimi fan, both songs are different key the original is G key from D3 to F6 on piano. Have to pick up my guitar to know the remix one, but it's not the same key it's been processed for the song. Some notes aren't at all. Where is the hate? Song indeed is trash. 

1 minute ago, Prachi said:

I am a big Mimi fan, both songs are different key the original is G key from D3 to F6 on piano. Have to pick up my guitar to know the remix one, but it's not the same key it's been processed for the song. Some notes aren't at all. Where is the hate? Song indeed is trash. 

I think I get what you’re saying - the bass makes the song sound like it’s in a different key. But she is singing in the same key. Also, she dropped new vocals. It’s not that they “processed” her old vocals - these are new ones

1 minute ago, sparrowhawk said:

I think I get what you’re saying - the bass makes the song sound like it’s in a different key. But she is singing in the same key. Also, she dropped new vocals. It’s not that they “processed” her old vocals - these are new ones

I know she did recorded for it, there are some parts of hers of course I mean she's mimi. The baseline doesn't make the song in different key its because it is In the different octave length scratch the key part from here. Remix is horrendous I listened to it like 50 times already. I should've worded it correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I know she did recorded for it, there are some parts of hers of course I mean she's mimi. The baseline doesn't make the song in different key its because it is In the different octave length scratch the key part from here. Remix is horrendous I listened to it like 50 times already. I should've worded it correctly. 

Gotcha. Octave is correct 

2 hours ago, Prachi said:

i'm still not sure i understand what you're saying - she's singing in the same octave and the same key as the original version of "fantasy". i just sat down at my piano and played along with both of them, and i played her vocals along with the old version. it isn't an octave down. i think the sample itself is an octave down, but mariah is singing in the same place. really not sure what you're saying.

9 minutes ago, sparrowhawk said:

i'm still not sure i understand what you're saying - she's singing in the same octave and the same key as the original version of "fantasy". i just sat down at my piano and played along with both of them, and i played her vocals along with the old version. it isn't an octave down. i think the sample itself is an octave down, but mariah is singing in the same place. really not sure what you're saying.

Sample itself is an octave down, while her part lacks reverb not sure why they didn't do it, very lazy down. I will have to sit with my guitar to decode the remix, but I'm not interested in playing this remix again. A completely lazy mess.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block