Britney: showing my bod in French Polynesia as a rebel and free woman!!

2 hours ago, Sgt Spears deputy said:

"To the makeup artist who gave it to me … THANK YOU 💋💋💋 !!!!"

Is this for   for Billy B?:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

This pic is from the crossroads premiere in 2002. it can’t be Billy B as he only showed up for about a year and a half around late 2011 or early 2012

one of my fav looks EVER! love to see she's a britney era stan, just like me :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: hope when she returns to the spotlight she gets inspired by it bc it was truly her peak style-wise. just getting rid of team con and their corny, outdated looks will be enough tho 

Ok, interesting. 

I must say as (I daresay)  an old fashioned hetero***ual conservative prude these ***** don't sit well with me. 

For me it is TMI, a line not to cross, violation of dignity, self respect.  I would find it demeaning for others to see me naked. So I stay away from this. Rihanna with breasts bare is distasteful to me, same with other celebrities. Why the need to bare? 

It is used as a humiliating tactic by invaders or prisons etc. To strip away your dignity, humanity, reduce you to an animal. 

It is also interestingly used as a means of protest. Women have been recorded as protesting naked or shaving heads to protest something.

Is it artistic need to provoke, shock, test boundaries? To force attention to something?

Women are defined as madonna or harlot. Sweet pure mother or seductive *****. 

Is it a rebellion at these patriarchal labels? 

Coincidentally I am in the middle of a book about feminism (hidden face of Eve, Nawal El Saadawi) who describes how patriarchy pervades all societies.

Britney is seen as pure sweet virginal feminine transforming to seductive *****.. she is both: hard to reconcile. 

Forced to conform and rebelling against conformity

For me it is an interesting phenomenon i am trying to understand.  Not something I would do or approve of, I value my dignity, religion. 

Is she saying, " i don't care what you think, i don't care for your hypocritical values"?

Anyway, i see food for thought here (but i really could never do what she is doing). 

In any case, she is provoking conversation for sure.  Feminine rage, rebellion against toxic masculinity,  domination by her father? 

Primal struggle playing out? Intriguing  

EDIT. I know this rage, at the injustice and oppression of patriarchy the impotency of it. She has found an outlet that does not hurt others... Which is good. But may hurt her. It seems to be beyond image .. it is primal for her. Authentic self expression. Truth

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block