Should Britney Have Done In 2009 What She Did In 2019?

I sometimes wonder how would it have been did Britney decide to completely stop working after the Circus Tour. Reportedly, she was told the c-ship would end upon completion of the tour in late November 2009. It was supposed to be her big test—a test of her sanity and stability, a demonstration of her ability to focus on work and perform well. She brilliantly succeeded, completing the whole tour (97 concerts, nine months) without a glitch. However, she was still deemed unstable, gravely disabled, susceptible to ***** and undue influences or otherwise incompetent, and the c-ship remained in place until... November 2021!

I know what’s done is done and the past is in the past; I also comprehend the kind of gaslighting and threats she was put under. I just imagine how it would have been did she firmly but politely refuse to do any more work afterwards until dissolution of the c-ship. On the event they would have kept threatening her, yelling at her, how would it have been did she make a huge stink about it, refusing to do any more work, even if forcibly dragged to a photo studio, a recording studio or any other place; even if drugged; even if “losing custody” of her children.

What would her team have done? Commit her forever? Beat her up? Excessively **** her forever more? Kill her? At some point, they would have had no choice but let her go, and the c-ship would have ended sometime in 2010. It would have ended 12 years earlier, and much would have been different afterwards...

As you said, there's no point in discussing alternative realities because no one knows what would've happened.

But what I can think of is that if she stopped working, her team would've still kept control of her royalties and stuff. To the public, it would've been seen as "oh, she's so ill she can't work anymore" so no fribritney-related movement would've succeeded either, and probably her father would've kept insisting a few more years to try to make her work again, the punishments and threats just becoming worse and worse. 

Maybe they would've gotten bored at some point after realizing they can't enter her into any contracts, but again, who knows. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Kletus said:

I think she didn't know how depraved her dad was and how ultimately he would just use her in this sick twisted way. She grew to fully realize it but it was too late. She probably thought they were actually trying to have her best interests at heart. Plus she would have received ZERO public support because the media had trained all the sheeple to hate someone that didn't deserve it. It took the birth of social media, an entirely new generation, and the MeToo Movement for anyone to actually care.

I'm not sure about that, we know since the very beginning, even when she thought the conservatorship was "imminent" she still wanted anyone else but her father to be the conservator. 

• Like 1
Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I'm not sure about that, we know since the very beginning, even when she thought the conservatorship was "imminent" she still wanted anyone else but her father to be the conservator. 

Yeah but she probably still didn't want to believe it.  Although maybe she had a full understanding of it all along

• Like 2

They probably would have her carted off in a Stretcher again in front of 500 paparazzi and every news company in the world, then put her on lithium (like they did in 2010 onwards) to make her seem distant and in need of help.

Actually, maybe the 2010 breakdown was her rebelling against her handlers and conservators by not working, so they loaded her up on lithium, reduced her custody, and had her do FF instead. I can definitely see Britney giving in for the sake of being in her sons lives. They were only 4 or 5 years old at the time 

• Like 5

In my opinion she put her foot down about working in 2019 and spoke out in 2021 because her children were much older and did not need her as much. She had no control over her custodial rights and access in 2009 and could have ended up going years without seeing them. She could not risk that (I neither would I, if I were in her position). She deliberately waited until her children has some autonomy to dictate their own access to her as their mother. I also think she thought no-one would believe her as team con had convinced the public she has serious mental health issues, but she gained the confidence through the rise of the Free Britney movement. God bless her, no wonder she is raging at them all!      

• Love 1
  • Like 6

From the gaslighting, she may not have fully understood what was happening, things here that have sparked recent events may not have even been possible in 2009.

Without the Bash Britney trend or the full list of tours/shows during the cship, would the Movement have fought as hard or even had enough events to piece together anything for the Movement to gain traction?

I doubt the con would have had enough confidence, or legal rules in place to suspect foul play.

B's opinion of the cship was a massive mystery for over a decade, I still feel she may not of had any clue. The narrative she was told could have easily just fooled her into thinking things were fine somehow.

The woman knew her dreams would require hard work, and she gave her all to earn that Queen's crown she wears today. I imagine that narrative could be speculated easily enough, to show what she was REALLY told to get her to follow what we had been told about her.

She used to support them, and it could have taken her many years to even notice something was off. Her father have a nifty excuse for not having B deposed at first. There's a chance she was kept secluded in their reality, and regardless of events was not in the same volume let alone page as us.

The people weren't complaining, so what could be so bad. Her whole 7mbrella episode could have been orchestrated in a way she could have seen sound reasoning behind her actions.

Her brother was stated to have forced dancers to lie and not celebrate with B, and she made him apologize.

I think the pandemic and social media are what helped the movement gain exposure.

Sure, it could have been like with Michael Jackson which had lots of TV exposure and all his fans waiting outside the court, but the power of social media is undeniable and back in 2009 we didn't have Twitter or TikTok to go viral.

So maybe she could have tried, yes, maybe she did but we never found out... but I don't think the public/media would have supported it so it wouldn't have put pressure on the lawyers and judges. Plus, she had the other judge at the time which we all know how she treated Britney...

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Grace Kelly said:

In my opinion she put her foot down about working in 2019 and spoke out in 2021 because her children were much older and did not need her as much. She had no control over her custodial rights and access in 2009 and could have ended up going years without seeing them. She could not risk that (I neither would I, if I were in her position). She deliberately waited until her children has some autonomy to dictate their own access to her as their mother. I also think she thought no-one would believe her as team con had convinced the public she has serious mental health issues, but she gained the confidence through the rise of the Free Britney movement. God bless her, no wonder she is raging at them all!      

I personally think the mental health facility was the last straw for her. As far as we know, they never did anything like that in the years prior.

Another thing for OP is that despite her refusing to work starting in 2019, the conservatorship kept existing until last year, and that after a huge social media movement, her testimony being public and finally getting access to a lawyer of her choice, otherwise Jamie would've never suggested the termination of it. I know the circumstances are different 10 years after 2009, in terms of her assets and contracts, but I think it's an indicator that the conservatorship didn't exist depending of whether she was actively working or not, they had millions to steal even if she never worked again, not to mention the sole aspect of having control over her as a person.  

• Like 2

I haven't read the thread other than the OP but I'm sorry but I can't believe we're asking "should she have done X, 13 years ago?".

Not after all we know now, and after knowing we actually still don't know a lot. I knkow speculation is a big part of being in a fandom and it's all done with the best of intentions but this constant second guessing of her actions past and present feels to me a little bit like victim blaming, and honestly it makes me sad.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.