Justin Bieber bought a Bored Ape NFT for $1.3 million

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Letslearn said:

Yeah, but ya'll if we go down that road we can never come back! As someone who's tried to reduce their carbon footprint, it's so exhausting learning about all the ways we're f^cking this planet up. Like someone in my Journey 2 Zero Waste group posted about deleting spam emails cause they take up energy. I started deleting my spam religiously but damn someone else came thru talking about try not buy electronics as often because they are made in the most earth destructive ways and use messed up human labor practices. And don't even get me started on all the food talk in that group about what's better for the environment, the vegans, the meat eaters, the local food only eaters.  Like the list is endless of ways you can reduce your carbon foot print and we should all def. be trying. after reading this i feel a little guilty for using gifs so much. and sometimes i feel bad for owning a phone and computer, and car. Not even exaggerating. All this guilt and the rich still get richer and less connected with anyone beyond their circles :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

NFTs and crypto wouldn’t be an environmental hazard if they didn’t exist! :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: If crypto and mining gobbles up more energy than entire countries, it just will not be sustainable. Like there is only so much energy produced in our energy systems. I’m not sure if the crypto industry/system is looking into ways to reduce its carbon footprint or becoming more green, but expecting everyday people to foot the bill in energy and environmental costs (both financial costs and otherwise) doesn’t make much sense.

Besides, those who are crypto titans, like Musk and whoever else, can afford to survive those negative impacts. Everyday investors like you or other people in this thread and me who does not invest will disproportionately have to deal with those negative impacts.

Idk if my mind can be changed but the way that the current crypto market is structured (or maybe, it’s lack of structure) doesn’t seem to take into account or care about the world it exists in.

• Love 2

THIS feels like a set-up to promote his future NFT. 

Justin Bieber is his own biggest fan, and he is Always trying to sell something, whether it is a narrative or some music he is promoting. 

I wish his followers would concentrate more on helping their own lives to flourish, rather than closely following each step of someone who shall only lead them astray.

Each person has their own path to find. I Hope All Who Seek, Find Better. 🙏💖

• Love 1

The thing that kills me about NFTs is that they are totally made up. They are an artificial rarity. The people who create them could EASILY create thousands and millions more. The only thing that gives them value is because some rich people say they are valuable when all you have is a picture of a cartoon monkey on your phone. It’s so dumb. It’s the same thing with crypto currency. All artificial goods. You expect me to pay my hard earned money on something that you say is rare? When someone could easily replicate the code and it’s not rare anymore? It’s foolish and a waste of money. Anytime a celebrity posts about NFTs or Crypto, (Im looking at you Reese Witherspoon) I want to send them this GIF

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

The thing that kills me about NFTs is that they are totally made up. They are an artificial rarity. The people who create them could EASILY create thousands and millions more. The only thing that gives them value is because some rich people say they are valuable when all you have is a picture of a cartoon monkey on your phone. It’s so dumb. It’s the same thing with crypto currency. All artificial goods. You expect me to pay my hard earned money on something that you say is rare? When someone could easily replicate the code and it’s not rare anymore? It’s foolish and a waste of money. Anytime a celebrity posts about NFTs or Crypto, (Im looking at you Reese Witherspoon) I want to send them this GIF

Kim Kardashian People Are Dying GIF

If not understanding crypto is the hill I have to die on, then lemme prepare for my funeral!

spacer.png

Thank you for summarizing my thoughts on this tbh! :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block