Avril Lavigne "Love Sux" stream + comment party

Midnight

3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

My hit thread gets replies all on it's own. I. DON'T. NEED.PAYOLA.THANKYOUVERYMUCH.:staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

@GODNA IS A QUEEN  come get your sister and also go ahead and receive a cancellation from yours truly for snobbing my hit Avril Lavigne album party thread.

The album of the year did not deserve this kind of disrespect. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

@RikRiki where is that essay? 

Me talking about @Blackout2006
spacer.png

• Haha 3
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Adriannn said:

I've been drowning in work and as soon as I get home I take like 3-hour naps :dead_falling_wig_dying:, I haven't even opened Spotify. I will get to it later today and share my thoughts :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Ohh wow, well get some rest and take your time to fully enjoy it. I think you're gonna really enjoy this one. It's getting a lot of love from stans all over. 

Excited to see which ones turn out to be your faves.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Love sux is at a 76/100, it has surpassed 2002's Let Go which is at a metacritic score of 68/100.

Even the fan reception of metacritic fan score is getting close toba perfect 10/10..

Even my timeline states we finally got what we wanted the sequel to her 2007 The best damn thing..

It's also making people realize, Olivia, Hayley and to an extent Billie eilish wouldn't be here if it wasnt Avril lavigne..

The fact the return of Avril pop punk, if also giving the underrated fefe Dobson justice as well, most believe racist industry practices actually hurt fefe, and nobody is going to admit it.

So it's basically a love fest to Avril, and it took Olivia Rodrigo, for people to give Avril the credit and respect she deserves. 

Even the Grammys are excited she's back..

She was shut out and lost her nominations thanks to alicia Keys, Beyonce and Norah Jones, all were bigger artists than Avril at the 45th annual grammy awards. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
43 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Love sux is at a 76/100, it has surpassed 2002's Let Go which is at a metacritic score of 68/100.

Even the fan reception of metacritic fan score is getting close toba perfect 10/10..

Even my timeline states we finally got what we wanted the sequel to her 2007 The best damn thing..

It's also making people realize, Olivia, Hayley and to an extent Billie eilish wouldn't be here if it wasnt Avril lavigne..

The fact the return of Avril pop punk, if also giving the underrated fefe Dobson justice as well, most believe racist industry practices actually hurt fefe, and nobody is going to admit it.

So it's basically a love fest to Avril, and it took Olivia Rodrigo, for people to give Avril the credit and respect she deserves. 

Even the Grammys are excited she's back..

She was shut out and lost her nominations thanks to alicia Keys, Beyonce and Norah Jones, all were bigger artists than Avril at the 45th annual grammy awards. 

Let Go deserved a higher rating but, it's nice to see this album getting so much recognition.

I did notice this album is getting lots, and I mean lots of praise from people all over.

36 minutes ago, Style. said:

I need you to tell me some highlights otherwise… my ears could get Covid of so much guitar :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Its probably not your style.

This is pop punk at it's finest. 

It's very blink 182 and will definitely be huge in the US, asia and Canada. 

I can't see it being successful everywhere else. 

People love to dance or chill..

• Haha 1
  • Content Curators
33 minutes ago, Style. said:

I need you to tell me some highlights otherwise… my ears could get Covid of so much guitar :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

All of it :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Start with Deja Vu (the best and most fan loved song from the album.) Then Bois Lie, Avalanche, F.U, Cannonbal, Love Sux and Dare To Love Me.

• Love 1

Cannonball: the verses are soooo entertaining :matches:

Bois Lie: Camp Rock vibes :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Bite Me: I've never been able to get into it :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Love it When you Hate Me: well she must love me because I hate this one :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Love Sux: ok, I like the vibe in this one :jumpney_britney_green_excited_yay: it gives American Idiot

Kiss Me Like the World is Ending: kinda basic :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Avalanche: it gives Blink 182, which is ok, I love them. I'm digging this one :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Deja Vu: cause everything's the saaaaame, definition of insaaaaane :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing: ok... the rhyming of azzhole and castle :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: it's a fun song too!

F.U.: yeah I skipped it soon enough :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

All I Wanted: I like their voices together :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: this has the potential to grow on me :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Dare to Love Me: I love me some wild guitars, but this comes as a breath of fresh air... I really like the melody and her vocals... lyrically, I think I need just a bit more... love how the song grows towards the end :gaspney_britney_what_wow_shocked_surprised:

Break of a Heartbreak: ugh, streaming era and the push for short songs :sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Alright, this album is fun, cheeky, and really energetic. However, for someone who looooves Miss Ramona, seeing how her two first albums are more mature than something she released close to being 40 is complicated. At the same time, I think at this point she has little to prove, so she can do whatever she wants. I hope either Cannonball, Deja Vu, or Dare to Love Me become singles :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 1
On 2/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Midnight said:

Just "great"? Boy you better go back and listen to this magnificent work of art again and come back with a better response. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Talkin bout it's "great" NO she was AMAZING, she was STELLAR. She changed our lives in 33 minutes and I forget how many seconds. Our existence is forever slayedddah Riki :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

I expect your new post due before Sunday.

DON'T. BE.LATE

I love avril. I grew up a few hours out from where she grew up!
the album is actually one of her bests and a true return to the alternative sound she seemingly abandoned after TBDT. I know that record is considered the sell out record but, it still had high energy. I feel the success of girlfriend really set her up for a lot of constraint if I’m being honest. The cheerleader glam pop rock stuff was getting old and I see why she struggled to fight for FULL control on Goodbye Lullaby (2011), Avril Lavigne (2013) and quite honestly, some parts of 2019’s Head Above Water (dumb Blonde rings a bell). The single choices of the first two really make you think she’s repeating the same sound when in reality the records were differently This seems to be a pure return to element and building on the nostalgia of the first three records. you could say she did that with Here’s To Never Growing Up but that was really just a rehash of Complicated and clearly disjointed from the rest of the more indie pop and trip hop sounds explored. 

On the appropriately titled Luv Sux, Avril is getting nostalgic while also progressing as a pop punk artist by finally owning the title. It helps that she has reunited with Travis Barker. there’s no No sign of cheer singing. Luv Sux is filled exclusively with singing and high intensity guitars. Her lyrics are stronger than ever… something she struggled with on Goodbye Lullaby and quite honestly, some parts of Head Above Water amidst some gems 

Love the record hope she enjoys her new  prospects 

my favourite song is FU

The album deserves 3.8/5 stars from me. It could be longer.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
2 hours ago, Rik said:

I love avril. I grew up a few hours out from where she grew up!
the album is actually one of her bests and a true return to the alternative sound she seemingly abandoned after TBDT. I know that record is considered the sell out record but, it still had high energy. I feel the success of girlfriend really set her up for a lot of constraint if I’m being honest. The cheerleader glam pop rock stuff was getting old and I see why she struggled to fight for FULL control on Goodbye Lullaby (2011), Avril Lavigne (2013) and quite honestly, some parts of 2019’s Head Above Water (dumb Blonde rings a bell). The single choices of the first two really make you think she’s repeating the same sound when in reality the records were differently This seems to be a pure return to element and building on the nostalgia of the first three records. you could say she did that with Here’s To Never Growing Up but that was really just a rehash of Complicated and clearly disjointed from the rest of the more indie pop and trip hop sounds explored. 

On the appropriately titled Luv Sux, Avril is getting nostalgic while also progressing as a pop punk artist by finally owning the title. It helps that she has reunited with Travis Barker. there’s no No sign of cheer singing. Luv Sux is filled exclusively with singing and high intensity guitars. Her lyrics are stronger than ever… something she struggled with on Goodbye Lullaby and quite honestly, some parts of Head Above Water amidst some gems 

Love the record hope she enjoys her new  prospects 

my favourite song is FU

The album deserves 3.8/5 stars from me. It could be longer.

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: 

Shook Rik, this was really good, spot on actually.

Speaking of the place she's from, I was actually looking up yesterday if Avril could speak French. I don't think I've ever seen her speak it. I thought it would be really interesting to see her sing in another language.

I guess what I also truly want to know is if everyone in Canada speaks French and if it's widely used or is it mostly English?

Now, this was a great review, however, it was turned in 2 days late so for that you must stream Luv Suv 200 times the next two days (100 for each day you were late.) :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: 

Shook Rik, this was really good, spot on actually.

Speaking of the place she's from, I was actually looking up yesterday if Avril could speak French. I don't think I've ever seen her speak it. I thought it would be really interesting to see her sing in another language.

I guess what I also truly want to know is if everyone in Canada speaks French and if it's widely used or is it mostly English?

Now, this was a great review, however, it was turned in 2 days late so for that you must stream Luv Suv 200 times the next two days (100 for each day you were late.) :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

There are videos of her speaking a little and she isn’t very good lol. She and I both basically flopped. Technically in Ontario you are supposed to be able to speak French and English, but in reality outside of the capital and the surrounding Quebec areas it isn’t 100% a necessity if you’re in the province? Unless you work for the government I guess. In Quebec it’s kinda a necessity as in most places it’s exclusively French (although in Montreal ofc you’ll find English speakers)

across Canada, knowing french certainly helps your chances at getting jobs though. I’m not good at French at all and legit haven’t taken it since 2012 or 20113 lmao 😭 my job eventually will ask for me to speak it if I want to move up. In Toronto however you like, don’t need French tbh. In British Columbia you actually are better off knowing Mandarin  

I think New Brunswick is the only province that is OFFICIALLY bilingual however 

anyway enough about that lmao…. I actually quite like the album. I always give Avrils music a chance cuz at one point she was my favourite (somerimes I am embarrassed although I never stopped listening to the music? Just less frequently) 

im glad you like my review!! Will continue to listen to it I’m sure 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, Rik said:

There are videos of her speaking a little and she isn’t very good lol. She and I both basically flopped. Technically in Ontario you are supposed to be able to speak French and English, but in reality outside of the capital and the surrounding Quebec areas it isn’t 100% a necessity if you’re in the province? Unless you work for the government I guess. In Quebec it’s kinda a necessity as in most places it’s exclusively French (although in Montreal ofc you’ll find English speakers)

across Canada, knowing french certainly helps your chances at getting jobs though. I’m not good at French at all and legit haven’t taken it since 2012 or 20113 lmao 😭 my job eventually will ask for me to speak it if I want to move up. In Toronto however you like, don’t need French tbh. In British Columbia you actually are better off knowing Mandarin  

I think New Brunswick is the only province that is OFFICIALLY bilingual however 

anyway enough about that lmao…. I actually quite like the album. I always give Avrils music a chance cuz at one point she was my favourite (somerimes I am embarrassed although I never stopped listening to the music? Just less frequently) 

im glad you like my review!! Will continue to listen to it I’m sure 

Thank you for sharing that, that's exactly what I wanted to learn.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block