Hulu Drops Trailer for Hilary Duff's New Sitcom "How I Met Your Father"

JayTawndre

17 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I cant wait. I didnt really get into the OG show but I love HilD! 

I'm still pressed the Lizzie McGuire reboot fell through :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Hopefully this show will give me those late 20s/early 30s insecure, figuring life out type of vibes Lizzie would've been.

OMG me too I'm super pressed LM didn't happen. So many fans were excited. I believe they still can do it! 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

OMG me too I'm super pressed LM didn't happen. So many fans were excited. I believe they still can do it! 

They could if Disney would budge. Its B.S. that they want to keep Lizzie virginal and innocent at 30. Like it was okay for her to kiss 3 different boys on the show from ages 13-15, but heaven forbid she suck dîck and cöck at 30. Disney really shouldve put the show on Hulu. It's a big loss to a generation that loved the LM show :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 3
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

They could if Disney would budge. Its B.S. that they want to keep Lizzie virginal and innocent at 30. Like it was okay for her to kiss 3 different boys on the show from ages 13-15, but heaven forbid she suck dîck and cöck at 30. Disney really shouldve put the show on Hulu. It's a big loss to a generation that loved the LM show :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Is that the true tea? Had no clue! :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

1 hour ago, JayTawndreLovesYou said:

Is that the true tea? Had no clue! :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Well kinda. In the reboot Lizzie was to have lived with a guy in NY and walk in on him having sëx with another woman. This incident sends her home with her folks. From what was leaked, the content discussed was too racy for Disney. So after filming two episodes, the show runner left the project and it was basically Hilary trying to get Disney to let Lizzie be an authentic 30 year old adult and have a PG13 show. They said no. She asked if the show could move to Hulu so she can get the PG13 rating and they said no. So Hilary dropped out of the project because she said the character is so special to her and fans and that Lizzie was real as a teen and helped so many teens that grew up with her. 30 year old version of Lizzie needed to be authentic to her audience and not some PG character that at 30 was to appeal to kids. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Well kinda. In the reboot Lizzie was to have lived with a guy in NY and walk in on him having sëx with another woman. This incident sends her home with her folks. From what was leaked, the content discussed was too racy for Disney. So after filming two episodes, the show runner left the project and it was basically Hilary trying to get Disney to let Lizzie be an authentic 30 year old adult and have a PG13 show. They said no. She asked if the show could move to Hulu so she can get the PG13 rating and they said no. So Hilary dropped out of the project because she said the character is so special to her and fans and that Lizzie was real as a teen and helped so many teens that grew up with her. 30 year old version of Lizzie needed to be authentic to her audience and not some PG character that at 30 was to appeal to kids. 

I'm glad she stood up to Disney! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, GhostFace said:

She ditched the younger spin off for this?!

Disney owns Hulu, maybe to not breech her contract with them for the Lizzie reboot, they agreed on her taking a staring role on this show? Idk? I dont think it was a horrible decision but I soooo wanted the Younger spin off! Especially if Lauren went with Kelsey to L.A.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block