Billboard's 'Greatest Pop Stars' list 1999-2021 (Includes Britney, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and more)

• Leader

Each year, Billboard declares one pop star the greatest. Here is their list starting from 1999 through present day. Thoughts? Who do you think will take the title in 2022?

Thoughts on the list, Exhale?

1999 Britney Spears
2000 NSYNC
2001 Jennifer Lopez
2002 Eminem
2003 Beyoncé
2004 Usher
2005 Kanye West
2006 Justin Timberlake
2007 Rihanna
2008 Lil Wayne
2009 Gaga
2010 Katy
2011 Adele
2012 Rihanna
2013 Miley Cyrus
2014 Beyoncé
2015 Taylor Swift
2016 Justin Bieber
2017 Ed Sheeran
2018 Drake
2019 Ariana Grande
2020 BTS
2021 Taylor Swift

tabebr.jpg.4490f1114ec137777944453903f6386a.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Another trash list based on chart points 🥱

Oops...I did it again broke the first female record of 1m+ in a week without any bundling or even radio hit reaching to BB top 5 yet 2000 year wasn't good enough for them to give her this position! This list is circulating since 2015 they never even change it! No thanks, next! 

To be fair, NSYNC had a phenomenal year in 2000. They basically doubled ‘Oops’ first week sales and were just as, if not more massive than Britney was that year. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

To be fair, NSYNC had a phenomenal year in 2000. They basically doubled ‘Oops’ first week sales and were just as, if not more massive than Britney was that year. 

I agree, but both were seeing on neck to neck sales but yes NSYNC did great that year I will summon to this rest this list is very old and very chart based points I don't like chart based lists they aren't objective considering how much easier and joke it has become to chart these days. 

9 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I agree, but both were seeing on neck to neck sales but yes NSYNC did great that year I will summon to this rest this list is very old and very chart based points I don't like chart based lists they aren't objective considering how much easier and joke it has become to chart these days. 

It’s not that heavily chart based. I mean to be a ‘great’, you must also have some sort of chart accolades to back it up. Look at JLO — her 2001 album technically flopped by early 2000s standards but she was arguably the biggest female artist aside from Britney that year. You couldn’t go anywhere without seeing her. Her global dominance in 2001 was something to be reckoned with  — from music to cinema to tabloids to fashion and so forth.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

It’s not that heavily chart based. I mean to be a ‘great’, you must also have some sort of chart accolades to back it up. Look at JLO — her 2001 album technically flopped by early 2000s standards but she was arguably the biggest female artist aside from Britney that year. You couldn’t go anywhere without seeing her. Her global dominance in 2001 was something to be reckoned with  — from music to cinema to tabloids to fashion and so forth.

BB is very less credible  to me as they are always very chart based but then they are charts! And JLo album flopped 😱 I didn't know that. 

Bomt is in top 100 of best albums above is fearless and red and bomt alone sold more than these 2 🤧 I just never understood how BB can mix different eras together it doesn't show any good picture. 

1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Another trash list based on chart points 🥱

Oops...I did it again broke the first female record of 1m+ in a week without any bundling or even radio hit reaching to BB top 5 yet 2000 year wasn't good enough for them to give her this position! This list is circulating since 2015 they never even change it! No thanks, next! 

So did Nsync, and sold more :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block