Billboard's 'Greatest Pop Stars' list 1999-2021 (Includes Britney, Beyonce, Taylor Swift and more)

1 hour ago, BoyDeChanel said:

1999 Britney Spears
2000 Britney Spears
2001 Britney Spears
2002 Xtina
2003 Britney Spears
2004 Britney Spears
2005 Mariah Carey
2006 Nelly Furtado
2007 Rihanna
2008 Britney Spears
2009 Britney Spears
2010 Lady Gaga
2011 Adele
2012 Lana Del Rey

the correct list :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

A much better list except 2002... I would say P!nk, Shakira or Avril

• Like 1
1 hour ago, scottmoorela said:

Personally- I'd give 2005 to Madonna. Confessions was massive world wide..and Hung Up was teh top selling single world wide...but I'm good with the rest of your list!! :)

hung up madonna GIF

Worldwide maybe, but COADF had just average sales in the US in total.

Tbh I don't know why they picked Kanye as the greatest artist of 2005 though. Mariah's comeback album was way bigger than his, plus her album had a bigger #1 hit and a #2 hit as well in 2005. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Freakshow__ said:

I agree when it comes to Beyoncé.... but Slaylor... She's been HUGE for so many years, she deserves even much more recognition imo. 

Beyoncé has been around for longer than Taylor and continues to have her own legacy. She’s written a fair bit of her music and has an incredible range. Beyoncé has had to endure being black in a predominantly white industry. She has watched it transform to what it is now, and has gone from being part of a successful girl group to being a very successful solo act in less than 20 years. Just like Britney, Beyoncé has a different kind of legacy that today’s artists including Taylor, will not be able to fully grasp. 

56 minutes ago, Isla said:

I’m not sure how to feel about the rappers on this list, and I say this as an Em fan. They’re hardly ‘pop stars’.

Love the way you lie with Rihanna is why. 

In my eyes that was his comeback song. 

His 2009 album kinda flopped, if it wasn't for the warning. 

But he is now flopping.  That album Music to get ******** to did underperformed. he should have added some trap Music.  

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block