Lady Gaga’s “House of Gucci” a ratings DISASTER

KrisJ

From what I've read, Lady Gaga is the reason to see the film. Most critics seem to agree on that. It's interesting to read their views on Jared Leto's performance though. Very divided. Some even say he's the downfall of the film. It appears the true downfall is the structure of the film and the fact that Ridley Scott couldn't decide on what he wanted it to be. Campy or True Crime Drama. I definitely will still see it. If for nothing else, Gaga and the fashion.

• Like 3

Plus ever since Ridley Scott actually criticized what millennials and generation Z likes in movies, let's just says he's had one flop after another 

One was a historical film based in the medieval times with Matt damon and Adam driver, and let's just say between the glorification of r*** and other stuff. 

The middle finger was given to that film and probably this, since he called the youth entertainment acid and crack addict tv, saying the tv they love is rotting their brain. I.e. the Kardashians and such. 

61% is hardly a ratings disaster as it’s still considered “Fresh”. 30% would be a disaster. 

I’ve read plenty of very mixed reviews. Some really really glowing ones, some not so great ones.

It appears you’ll either hate it or love it. It is not for everyone. 

One thing is certain - no matter the review score - critics agree that Gaga is good in it, ASIB was no fluke, and a possible Best Actress Oscar nomination coming through.

Edited by Justin Woodpond
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Plus ever since Ridley Scott actually criticized what millennials and generation Z likes in movies, let's just says he's had one flop after another 

One was a historical film based in the medieval times with Matt damon and Adam driver, and let's just say between the glorification of r*** and other stuff. 

The middle finger was given to that film and probably this, since he called the youth entertainment acid and crack addict tv, saying the tv they love is rotting their brain. I.e. the Kardashians and such. 

I mean he’s not wrong btw

• Like 1
On 11/23/2021 at 6:45 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

Oddly the gay press is praising, the straights are trashing it..

One gay guy said it best. Cos gay men are known to be bias, I need an honest review from a straight man if the movie is actually good or not. 

Peter Bradshaw (from the Guardian), one of the best in the business, who also happens to be straight, gave it 4 stars out of 5.

Fantastically rackety, messy soap opera about the fall of the house of Gucci is rescued from pure silliness by Lady Gaga’s glorious performance as Patrizia Reggiani…

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/nov/22/house-of-gucci-review-lady-gaga-*******-in-style-in-true-crime-fashion-house-drama

On 11/22/2021 at 8:39 PM, KrisJ said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/house_of_gucci

Teetering on a “rotten” rating, Lady Gaga’s “House of Gucci” seems to be a critical disaster. 

It’s literally certified fresh and has over 85% audience rating (verified). This thread and title is very misleading and incorrect. 

The actual movie pundits I watch love the film, I don’t understand where you’re getting your information from. Or why you’re interpreting it negatively. It’s right in front of your eyes. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block