Gaga called "Artpop" one of her most critically acclaimed albums

Artpop is freakin' awesome. I listened to it the other day, and I was blown away by how good it is because I hadn't listened to it in a hot minute. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: Moreover, I added the Christina version of Do What U Want to the tracklist, since the R-pe Kelly one isn't available anymore. I mean, good riddance, but it still has him credited as a writer, so it doesn't change much. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:Jewels 'n' ***** is the only song I'd have scrapped, though it's not even bad - it just doesn't really add anything to the album. Maybe Mary Jane Holland, but it kinda slaps, tbh. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Donatella has the best lyrics our girls can relate..

Β 

"Just ask your gay friends for their advice, before you get a tan in st. Tropez"

Β 

"I'm the rich *****, I'm the upper class, I eat and some and drink Chapagne"

Β 

"I'll wear designer and forget your name"

That's not gay, that's c u n t.

4 hours ago, Oxic said:

But did she really said that? On 10:40 she said it was a heavily scrutinized album

Β 

Β 

Well it was and many of the reviews wasn't reviews, but reviews on her personal life, and some critics pointed that out.Β 

As one reviewer for Forbes said.

Β 

"It's a miracle anybody can hear the music, with the knifes sharpening at gaga and being held to her"

@Jordan Miller

• Like 1

More acclaimed by stans in recent years maybe, but as far as I know no official publications have gone back and re-assessed the album or given it a higher rating. That said, she's right that when the album first came out a bunch of reviewers focused more on criticizing her than on critiquing the music itself.Β 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Artpop is freakin' awesome. I listened to it the other day, and I was blown away by how good it is because I hadn't listened to it in a hot minute. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: Moreover, I added the Christina version of Do What U Want to the tracklist, since the R-pe Kelly one isn't available anymore. I mean, good riddance, but it still has him credited as a writer, so it doesn't change much. :jtum_justin_timberlake_surprised_wow_um_blink_eyebrows_shocked:Jewels 'n' ***** is the only song I'd have scrapped, though it's not even bad - it just doesn't really add anything to the album. Maybe Mary Jane Holland, but it kinda slaps, tbh. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

Jewels β€˜n’ ***** is the only song I’ve skipped since the first time I’ve heard it. Peak cringe imo. Mary Jane Holland is a grower and a total vibe. For me, Artpop is better as an album than its individual songs. Though Venus deserved way better than and intro song in a MV.Β 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Stefani said:

More acclaimed by stans in recent years maybe, but as far as I know no official publications have gone back and re-assessed the album or given it a higher rating. That said, she's right that when the album first came out a bunch of reviewers focused more on criticizing her than on critiquing the music itself.Β 

Unfortunately this happens with popular stars, even Britney and Christina encountered this during their prime.

Terrible practice

• Love 1

I actually really like ARTPOP and think it's a solid pop album. I love the experimentation in the tracks. However, I think it's only really critically acclaimed among Gaga fans (and maybe some general pop music fans). It deffo deserved better at the time of its release though.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, AndyFoster said:

To me, it’s along the same lines of Bionic. People still don't know whether it was ahead of its time and is brilliant, or whether it is utter garbage.Β 

Why do the gays keep repeating that thing about "Bionic" being ahead of its time? Maybe Xtina meant it production-wise, but what is the value in that if THE SONGS AND HER SINGING WERE A COMPLETE MIMIC OF THE ARTISTS SHE COLLABORATED WITH?? She totally lost her personality in that record. As if she were half a robot. Exactly like in the cover for the album. It's like that false advertising for products that are not particularly good for the health but still they are promoted saying things like "IT HAS NO FAT" but it's ridiculously high in sugar or it has no fibre at all when it should. Same thing.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Isla said:

I actually really like ARTPOP and think it's a solid pop album. I love the experimentation in the tracks. However, I think it's only really critically acclaimed among Gaga fans (and maybe some general pop music fans). It deffo deserved better at the time of its release though.

I guess all fan bases need their "incredibly underrated album by the public and the critics"Β :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Gaga already has "Born This Way", and Xtina "Stripped", but since those two are already considered good albums, fans have to dig deeper to stay hip, I guess...

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block