Gaga called "Artpop" one of her most critically acclaimed albums

• Content Curators
6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Why do the gays keep repeating that thing about "Bionic" being ahead of its time? Maybe Xtina meant it production-wise, but what is the value in that if THE SONGS AND HER SINGING WERE A COMPLETE MIMIC OF THE ARTISTS SHE COLLABORATED WITH?? She totally lost her personality in that record. As if she were half a robot. Exactly like in the cover for the album. It's like that false advertising for products that are not particularly good for the health but still they are promoted saying things like "IT HAS NO FAT" but it's ridiculously high in sugar or it has no fibre at all when it should. Same thing.

Nah Bionic was very of it's time, there was nothing ahead there.

The album was a complete mess, it was trying to be a dance record that did not actually reach it's goal. Some of the dance songs are ok but nothing to go wild for.

I love Monday Morning and My Girls those are my jams but even those two didn't fit in and those are dance tracks but somehow they felt out of place in the electro Bionic.

Now when you get to the ballads, they were pretty good, You Lost Me, Lift Me Up and I Am are really great tracks but they don't belong on an album trying to sell itself as something you will dance to.  

• Like 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

On 11/12/2021 at 9:09 AM, UncannyX-Man2099 said:

I Love You Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

A few good songs, but a forgettable and dated album. 

22 hours ago, Lemon said:

If by critically acclaimed she means overrated by her fans, then yes it is.

The album is a mess. It was late to the EDM trend, the tracklist doesn't make sense, the singles are weak. There's some fun moments but overall it's not what she makes it out to be. 

• Love 1

I mean..

Aura - massive experimental bop

Venus -> deserved a futuristic music video + song is a bop

G.U.Y. -> bop with a great video

Do What U Want -> I still love the song and I don't mind R.Kelly's voice on it but Xtina is a better feature for sure

Artpop -> love this chill bop

Gypsy -> one of her best songs ever! The bridge and those vocals give me chills

Applause -> amazing first single, a bop and a classic

I skip the other songs as I'm not a big fan of them but these alone make me return to the album, so she does have a point

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block