How come Perfume original never leaked?

Joseph Kahn is a veteran in the industry, he’s used to contracts, NDA’s and what to do when something shouldn’t be released.

Britney’s team managed to keep arguably one of the TOP THREE video directors quiet, as well as David Lachapelle which speaks volumes on their power.

Of course, it’s unethical to release something against the will of the business you’re working for too

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pinky98 said:

Joseph Kahn is a veteran in the industry, he’s used to contracts, NDA’s and what to do when something shouldn’t be released.

Britney’s team managed to keep arguably one of the TOP THREE video directors quiet, as well as David Lachapelle which speaks volumes on their power.

Of course, it’s unethical to release something against the will of the business you’re working for too

Yeah but why releasing Criminal MV as it is (a HQ soft **** with ads in it) and NOT releasing Perfume as it is?

Shooting a dude isn't something...special? What's the exact problem? The original story line sounds perfectly ok.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

The controversy behind Criminal was because of the shootings going on in the UK at the time. 

It wasn't shootings, it was riots that broke out because a police officer shot someone dead. But even so, it does make you wonder. 

Having said that I would like to see the original version of the video. I like the released one though but it needed more to it.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, FreeBritBrit said:

Yeah but why releasing Criminal MV as it is (a HQ soft **** with ads in it) and NOT releasing Perfume as it is?

Shooting a dude isn't something...special? What's the exact problem? The original story line sounds perfectly ok.

It was a timing thing. I think it had something to do with someone on set wearing a college hoodie, and that college recently had a shooting.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

You are wrong because Dont Cry is ethereal whereas Deospray is literally I'm Crying = Pathetic Sob Story. I don't like the message in it; to cry over a cheater you want back. Horrible message. And it sounds bad/boring.

Have you seen these (i guess you have):

These are poetry and art.  

Omg till it’s gone has barely any Britney vocals on it, idk who that is singing 

4 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

So it’s about wanting a domestic violence relationship back in your life. Wtf I’m creeped out. 

https://muumuse.com/2014/07/new-details-about-the-dark-original-concept-of-britneys-perfume-video-have-surfaced-sort-of.html/

Britney meets a guy with whom she falls instantly in love. It’s made clear to the audience that Britney is an assassin/hitman as we see her kill a group of people in a car (hence the gun pictures that were leaked to the media). She is given her next assignment who turns out to be the guy she fell in love with at the beginning of the video. The go to meet in their favorite spot, but Britney is not there. She is across the street with a rifle with her target set on him. She looks through the scope and sees her man holding a ring her made for her. She leaves and aborts the mission to kill him. She leaves town because she knows her is not safe around her. Doing this, she knows she will be killed for abandoning her mission to kill this guy. She hides out in a hotel and is taken by other assassins and beaten, tied to a chair, etc. She has sacrificed herself for this man. We see time pass as she dates a new girl, gets married, has a baby, etc. We see him looking out a window thinking about Britney, his true love that disappeared.

Someone read the original treatment of PERFUME and then claimed to have seen the edit, which they obviously did not. Close though.

— Joseph Kahn (@JosephKahn)

• Like 2
  • 5 months later...

I’d rather get more scenes from Gimme More or Make Me. Let us all forget Barbecue Jesus for once and all, amen 

agreed zach braff GIF by HULU

Although… had Perfume featured Sia and it was a back and forth about the women smelling each other’s perfume on the same guy, well that’s a different story…

Happy Pumped Up GIF by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block