This Day in Pop: Taylor Swift releases ‘1989’ album in 2014 (Oct 27)

35 minutes ago, Adriannn said:

I've always seen 1989 and EMOTION as part of the same family! buuuut, didn't 1989 come out before? :snooptoya_jackson_snooping_looking_magnifying_glass_glasses_search:

E♥MO♥TION was so influential it transcended time and space. It was already the Record of the Decade, and everyone was copying it before it was even a thing. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

Spoiler

I'm a clown. How could I flop so hard at trivia revolving around my own faves. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

E♥MO♥TION was so influential it transcended time and space. It was already the Record of the Decade, and everyone was copying it before it was even a thing. :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

Hide contents

I'm a clown. How could I flop so hard at trivia revolving around my own faves. :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

POP PERFECTION

• Love 2

Definitely my favorite album by her. 

My most played song is ‘Style’. I adore the instrumental. 

My favorite song though is ‘This Love’. So many feels with that one. The production is haunting, but not in a sad way. Just when you think the love is over, it comes back better. Such a hopeful message. And I love whatever the effect is that they used on her voice and the arrangement. And then once you get to the bridge, you may think “oh she may try to belt” but no. The vocal stays understated, but it stays feeling powerful and you can still feel all her emotion❤️

There isn’t one bad song on this album. though. Can play it all the way through without a skip.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Definitely my favorite album by her. 

My most played song is ‘Style’. I adore the instrumental. 

My favorite song though is ‘This Love’. So many feels with that one. The production is haunting, but not in a sad way. Just when you think the love is over, it comes back better. Such a hopeful message. And I love whatever the effect is that they used on her voice and the arrangement. And then once you get to the bridge, you may think “oh she may try to belt” but no. The vocal stays understated, but it stays feeling powerful and you can still feel all her emotion❤️

There isn’t one bad song on this album. though. Can play it all the way through without a skip.

THE TASTE

3 hours ago, Adriannn said:

POP PERFECTION

Oh and this, don’t even get me started on how they messed that EMOTION era up so bad. That could have been a monster era but they chose IRLY as the lead.

Snow White Do Not Want GIF

Although I don’t really understand why people across the web always compare EMOTION and 1989. Apart from being great pop albums, they’re not really similar otherwise to me.

35 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Oh and this, don’t even get me started on how they messed that EMOTION era up so bad. That could have been a monster era but they chose IRLY as the lead.

Snow White Do Not Want GIF

Although I don’t really understand why people across the web always compare EMOTION and 1989. Apart from being great pop albums, they’re not really similar otherwise to me.

Maybe it's just that they're both great synthpop records. 

Agreed, Run Away With Me or Your Type would have been outstanding choices for a lead single.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block