Controlling britney spears vs britney vs spears

Duff Man

Controlling britney spears vs britney vs spears   

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm only 20 minutes into 'britney vs spears' and I already prefer 'controlling britney spears'

Controlling britney spears is so deep and goes into detail about circus tour and piece of me residency and includes lots of her hearing and seems very present and is very accurate 

Britney vs spears has spent the first 20 minutes talking about 2007 and kfed which is unnecessary.. I expected it but its not about the current situation..

I like anything that spreads her strory but the public don't  need to be constantly reminded about the past.. edit:: Sam lufti is in britney vs spears and now it's obvious

Controlling britney spears is the better documentary by far!!

I knew after watching it a couple days ago that it basically covered everything and was from britneys point of view.. 

That's the one I've decided to make my bf (pending) watch ..he actually saw the circus tour but isn't as much fan like I am.. but so far if I would recommend the better documentary in terms of respect and accuracy..the best one for me is Controlling britney spears..

The GP don't need to be constantly reminded of 2007.. that was many years ago and isn't relevant anymore..what matters is the here and now.. 

Why is Sam lufti on the Netflix one urghh!! 

What's your thoughts?

I think Controlling britney spears just had everything 

Robin Green shade, Tristar,  circus tour , piece of me, 

Edit britney vs spears is still on about 2007 ..blackout specifically 

..MOVE ON!!

CONTROLLING BRITNEY SPEARS IS SO MUCH BETTER!! 

:bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

• Love 1

Felicia declined the question about lou*****taylor..

Oooh...

We really are an amazing fan base.. I feel britney has given us all hope and strength somehow.. and now we are giving it back to her.. we all knew what was going on and we've been validated :cigney_britney_smoking_smoke_lit_light_2007_fur_cigarette: britney is being validated.. 

I didn't like the first 20 minutes of britney vs spears because it reflected to much on the past.. I did eventually like the loutaylor shade because it explains the 'go to the light and see jesus' video.. and the fact lou taylor said ' jamie,  Lynn, Bryan and jamie lynch are all lovely people' but didn't include britney...hmm not decent at all..mean *****..

Who else is watching it?? 

So far i still prefer 'controlling britney spears'..its just so well done..so professional..

I just don't understand why Sam lufti and adnam would be on Netflix.. its not right..

'Controlling britney spears' was respectful and that's why I prefer it 100%

• Love 1

I don't think the Netflix doc is bad but Controlling Britney Spears was much better IMO. 

Controlling focused more on the conservatorship alone and had some shocking new revelations. Netflix had too much of the 2007 era in it. They could’ve summarized that as they did with her rise to fame. I didn’t mind Adnan much but seeing Kaplan and Sam Lufti kinda sucked.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

I think Controlling Britney Spears is a better film in terms of editing, and I also think they have stronger information. I have read members here though tell that their friends and family members who previously did not care for Britney or her freedom were chocked by “Britney vs Spears” and understood that the conservatorship is criminal, so I think that is good. I also hope these people who maybe just learned about it all will watch the NYT documentaries now as well 🙂

• Love 1
  • Like 1

There are a few things I disliked about the Netflix doc but the main one is that for some reason I can't understand, they (like many other docs) got fixated on 2007 as if the conservatorship is something of the past. They barely covered the current ongoing abuse and went over many things we already knew. This might be a good start for the GP that are not very aware of the details...But based on comments I've seen, some people still think she deserved it but that sadly it got too bad...Like ***** no....Talk about the current abuse. IDK. It's not that it's bad, but it could have been a million times better. The NYT is superior in every way.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, zone said:

Is there any way to watch it live? 

I've just checked and it's been removed from youtube sorry. But it's a very good doc, I'm sure you'll get the chance to watch it. You can check youtube every now and then, like daily, and search "controlling britney spears full" and check the most recently added videos (by changing the filters to sort by upload date) and you might find it there, it keeps being uploaded by fans but then hulu/new york times copyrights it and takes it down a few hours later.

• Love 1

"Britney vs. Spears" is not a well-made film...It's clear the director was too close to the subject.

However...

The Netflix doc interviewed or mentioned all the key players...which the NY Times failed to do.

The Netflix doc barely paid "the movement" dust...Which made me chuckle, because that's exactly how I feel towards all of the faux Twitter celebs anyway. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Unfortunately, these filmmakers have to walk a tightrope right now to avoid being sued...Give it a year, and we'll get a "Part 2" from Netflix and a "Part 3" from the NY Times...And that's when the gloves will really come off.

If ELC was to re-edit her film a year from now it could look like a completely different movie.

I'm new to the movement and this forum, so plz don't yell at me. IDK what the Rose thing is supposed to signify, but The NYT Presents has another episode, E6, in the same documentary series called "Framing Britney Spears," and Roses are prominently displayed in that as well.

What is the Rose thing? Has everyone seen this Episode?? I'm seeing a lot about he NYT E9, Controlling Britney Spears, and about the Netlfix Britney vs Spears, but no references to NYT E6, Framing.

9 hours ago, ROL said:

I've just checked and it's been removed from youtube sorry. But it's a very good doc, I'm sure you'll get the chance to watch it. You can check youtube every now and then, like daily, and search "controlling britney spears full" and check the most recently added videos (by changing the filters to sort by upload date) and you might find it there, it keeps being uploaded by fans but then hulu/new york times copyrights it and takes it down a few hours later.

I downloaded it as I knew it was so good they would take it down!! Can't wait to chill this weekend on the sofa and watch it!!