Carlo De Santis: "Banned By Britney's Dad"

Antidote

They sucked the soul out of this poor woman. It’s no wonder she seemed so lifeless and felt dead inside from 2008 and on. They weren’t letting her be the free spirit she used to be and constantly used her kids against her. We all noticed it too but just assumed that it was as a result of 2006-07 when in reality, she was forced to be with these toxic people 24/7 and gave them a living. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

They sucked the soul out of this poor woman. It’s no wonder she seemed so lifeless and felt dead inside from 2008 and on. They weren’t letting her be the free spirit she used to be and constantly used her kids against her. We all noticed it too but just assumed that it was as a result of 2006-08 when in reality, she was forced to be with these toxic people 24/7. 

What’s even more messed up is that it almost seemed to justify the conservatorship in a way. People thought she did need the conservatorship because she was never was the same after. But really, it wasn’t 2006-2008 that messed her up, it was the conservatorship itself that did it, and I don’t want speak for Britney, but it seems like it was significantly worse than the events of 2006-2008. 

Fans and the media thought she was complaining in FTR about 2006-2008 but really it was the conservatorship, thought she had significant mental health issues which is why both fans and the media sort of let up on her instead of investigating more, thought she was on meds because she needed it, thought that she was becoming more distant from us because she just wanted her privacy after being so publicly exploited before, but really, she was forced to be isolated and the conservatorship was causing the mental health struggles because she was never supposed to be in one and was being abused, was being forced ***** she shouldn’t have been on. 

It’s all so, so messed up. A bunch of mind games. And they all got away with it for 13 years. 

edit: sorry for the long run-on sentence/paragraph. It’s the end of my day and I don’t have the mental energy to clean up my writing. 

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

What’s even more messed up is that it almost seemed to justify the conservatorship in a way. People thought she did need the conservatorship because she was never was the same after. But really, it wasn’t 2006-2008 that messed her up, it was the conservatorship itself that did it, and I don’t want speak for Britney, but it seems like it was significantly worse than the events of 2006-2008. 

Fans and the media thought she was complaining in FTR about 2006-2008 but really it was the conservatorship, thought she had significant mental health issues which is why both fans and the media sort of let up on her instead of investigating more, thought she was on meds because she needed it, thought that she was becoming more distant from us because she just wanted her privacy after being so publicly exploited before, but really, she was forced to be isolated and the conservatorship was causing the mental health struggles because she was never supposed to be in one and was being abused, was being forced ***** she shouldn’t have been on. 

It’s all so, so messed up. A bunch of mind games. And they all got away with it for 13 years. 

That last paragraph was so powerful… no it’s absolutely true. They made us all believe a false narrative. Britney couldn’t thrive as an artist nor a human being due to that confinement and control placed after her in 08. The passion for her art was literally sucked right out of her. It went from “I love what I do” to “there’s no excitement or passion.” Sure, she made some mistakes and had some bumps in the road but she shouldn’t have had to pay for it the way that she did. Instead, they just made her feel guilty.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

edit: sorry for the long run-on sentence/paragraph. It’s the end of my day and I don’t have the mental energy to clean up my writing. 

I agree with this except I thought it was clear she was talking about the conservatorship when she said "it's too in control" and that "it's like groundhog day every day," adding that "it's bad… I'm sad."

I didn't realize he posted this video on YT before.  I guess because of the documentaries he decided to share on Instagram.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

I agree with this except I thought it was clear she was talking about the conservatorship when she said "it's too in control" and that "it's like groundhog day every day," adding that "it's bad… I'm sad."

I thought she was talking about how the paparazzi/media made her. I thought she was saying she felt like she couldn’t leave her house, had to have a strict schedule to avoid the media, had to have security all of the time due to how famous she was, etc. Like her fame made her feel trapped. 

To be fair, I also didn’t know about the conservatorship when FTR came out.