VMA Ratings TANK

KrisJ

I actually watched it live and really enjoyed, maybe it’s because I was high and drinking, but I felt like I was at a concert, I loved most of the performances! I didn’t care about the awards those awards mean nothing!

This Olivia chick winning her first vma for her Disney channel bios while it took Britney like 7 years to win a vma….

Spoiler

Also it could very well be that’s it’s impossible to watch the vmas if you don’t have cable or like YouTube tv, I use Philo tv but I stopped using it because who watches tv but I actually had to turn It back just so I could watch the vmas….if they want more views they should do an online stream of the show, no one is breaking there backs to watch the vmas in 2021

14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

this is the thing

I keep asking the same every year, do young people even watch TV anymore?

It makes total sense that it has a greater social media interaction than TV rating. Again, who's watching tv these days? And if there's people watching it, it must be the older generations, who have no connection whatsoever with the people attending these events nowadays.

Not to mention the whole fact that MTV doesn't even play music anymore, so what are they even celebrating with these shows? Like, the nominations are based on what, or which artists are expected to perform?

I ignore if they actually do it, but as you say, they should just air the show online, and then add everything on snippets on their social media pages.

Hi I’m younger people and no we don’t, I had to restart my online cable service to watch the vmas lol, but i actually enjoyed the show maybe it’s because I knew who all the performers were :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy:

• Like 1

It’s hard out there. Kids and teens don’t watch television like millennials and boomers did.

Its too long with all the commercials and talking between each performance and award giveaway. 
It always used to be about the videos, Best pop video, best group video etc. why did they take the word video out of the categories. 
Also the presenters were bigger stars than the performers.
They don’t even show the celebs in audience like they used too.

I could go on but award shows in general need a new concept/makeover. 

We could argue all day about the quality of MTV and the VMAs today compared to 20 years ago, but to me, this photo says it all...

THIS is true music royalty and representation of what music USED to be:

tumblr_nczbxw2hJM1rg3bbzo3_1280.jpg

The level of iconic-ness is unmatched. What do we have today....

A bunch of TikTok stars with zero originality.

It's not as culturally relevant as it used to be and neither is cable programming but yall stay acting shocked every year when the viewership numbers come out. 

Ok:sofedup_fed_up_miss_ny_ms_new_york_done_tiffany_pollard_eye_roll_eyeroll_whatever:

Further more, VMA 2016 had less viewers than the previous VMA 2015 but yall swear Britney is the reason for low ratings. It doesn't make any sense :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

Truth is award shows are wack PERIOD

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block