The Independent rates Kanye's Donda 0/5 for including Marilyn Manson and DaBaby

Slayer

This is a tricky one. The track with DaBaby and Marilyn Manson aren't on the album though. Kanye said Universal released the album, leaving off DaBaby and Manson, without his consent. Also, its very tricky, but Kanye has a song on the album called No Child Left Behind. If he wanted to include the two and that's what he wants to express through his music, and his faith, then perhaps be a bit more intellectual and critique his position.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Prachi said:

Though no GP ever reads reviews on music, I don't understand how did they gave Donda such low ratings. Hate kanye all you want, but guy has not even once disappointed with his music. I am confused, as Donda is real good. 

He's being called a narcissist with the album title. 

Unfortunately the independent score on metacritic did affect his overall score..

It's his lowest rating one by both critics 

52/100 and dropping and the signed users. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

A few months ago he posted that this was supposed to be the cover

Kanye-West-DONDA.jpg

Idk what happened to it 

I like this as an idea as well:

GettyImages-1330153527.jpg?w=824&quality

Donda%20Album%20Cover-1628315618554.jpeg

The first picture belongs to the scrapped album he did before DONDA. He has a collab with Nicki that is scrapped as well and the video set looks identical to the picture you posted: 

• Love 1

Upon reading the review it does seem the journalist thought it’d be okay to give the album 0 stars simply based on Marilyn Manson being on one song.

Earlier in the review she actually highlighted some decent-sounding songs on the album yet she still gives him 0 stars? I don’t like Kanye and yes, it’s a choice he chose to collab with someone who has been accused of ***ual abuse but 0 stars seems a little unfair.

That doesn’t mean, however, people should be sending the journalist abuse like I’ve just seen on Twitter. Constructive criticism is always welcome on articles but abuse ain’t it.

Edited by Isla

Yelling about killing, making people look bad with lies, calling himself God, ...

The man is sick. Legit sick and not in a positive way. He needs therapy ASAP.

As a Taylor fan i do confess I'm enjoying this. KARMA.

As a human being I feel sad for somebody to be this sick, having red flags all over him yet nobody seems to be helping him.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

Didn't know that. :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

Interesting :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

The hit that got away and the 4th song between Nicki & Kanye where she bodied him. Period! A woman did that! 

Also, I can’t with all these hypocrites on this thread excusing Kanye for collaborating with a pe** and a racist, but were so quick to judge and bash Nicki for Trollz. That’s why Nicki will always have my and barbs back! ALWAYS & off with these hypocrites heads ‘cause they be acting like nobody! :emma:

12 minutes ago, Style. said:

The hit that got away and the 4th song between Nicki & Kanye where she bodied him. Period! A woman did that! 

Also, I can’t with all these hypocrites on this thread excusing Kanye for collaborating with a pe** and a racist, but were so quick to judge and bash Nicki for Trollz. That’s why Nicki will always have my and barbs back! ALWAYS & off with these hypocrites heads ‘cause they be acting like nobody! :emma:

The double standards in the hip hop community is real. 

This is why Nicki is legit one foot in and out the door..

She got the respect of her fans, but the industry is disrespecting her cos she said she wanted to be like Jay Z more than a rapper but a business person. 

I saw that video and I was like that is where the hate started, she wanted to be seen in the league's of men, which we know if you're a female in hip hop. That's not your lane. you have one stay there..

For me it's tricky to separate the artist from the art. I mean look at actors, directors and producers that have had tremendous critical acclaim but then we find out later they have these awful scandals. They are canceled and it's shameful if they continue to work and get nominations for their work. But when it comes to music we're supposed to completely turn a blind eye. I mean Marilyn Manson has been accused of s.exual assault by multiple women and although Da Baby's not as disgraceful, his homophobia has been a continued pattern.

I get what most are saying but for me, no one should be giving anyone a platform that has repeated misconduct. And Kanye did that, but it's controversy. It guess it still sells.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

The double standards in the hip hop community is real. 

This is why Nicki is legit one foot in and out the door..

She got the respect of her fans, but the industry is disrespecting her cos she said she wanted to be like Jay Z more than a rapper but a business person. 

I saw that video and I was like that is where the hate started, she wanted to be seen in the league's of men, which we know if you're a female in hip hop. That's not your lane. you have one stay there..

Nicki Minaj’s brand on 2021 is kicking and rocking to be honest. There’s no hate train outside of pop forums, and even online the hate has partially vanished. Also, let me correct you: 

Nicki Minaj broke the law of ‘there’s the man lane and there’s a female lane’ long time ago. She is the first ever female rapper that became a mogul, a trendsetter and also the first woman ever who was never bodied on a song by a MAN! Nicki Minaj resurrecting a whole genre is cemented on the pop history FOR EVER and for many years from now on will be remembered! 

The people who bash Nicki Minaj are the same people who drove Britney crazy in 2007. People and gays are so quick to bash a woman than a man, proof this disgusting thread full of people excusing Kanye’s action for associating with a pe** and a homophobic! BUT HEY, LETS THROW NICKI UNDER THE BUS BECAUSE SHE HAS PUSSSSIIII NOT BALLLS because we love to lick them ballllllssssss :emma: SHUT THE **** UP :emma:

and let me go STREAM AND BUY TROLLZ and FEFE one more time! All the biches are playing the “alternative” card when they are flopping. I’m gagging! :emma:
Nicki is a problem because it’s the only rap bich that carried and outshined the pop girlies on their song! :emma:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block