Michelle Branch announces 20th anniversary of The Spirit Room Re recording on Vinyl and Streaming Services

rik

53 minutes ago, samwoods321 said:

Thank you. Been waiting years to hear that song x

:) you’re welcome. Im still waiting for The Story of Us to leak, assuming it ever had a studio version. It’s allegedly about her relationship with The Wreckers bandmate, Jessica Harp. She apparently gave Jessica her wedding dress to wear or something, and that lyric is in here.

Anywho, they created an account last December saying that the wreckers could potentially be coming back. 
will be interesting to see
 if this actually happens 

• Love 3

I really wonder how this record sounds in 2021… even though Michelle shared a short snippet of You Get Me on her Instagram stories a few weeks ago. Also curious to see if she goes a bit back to the sound she used for that songs demo version. 

Oh, and I am PRAYING she finally releases the acoustic stripped down version of „Everywhere“ that she played during the Hopeless Romantic tour. It was actually just her and a E-guitar. Flawless.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

I really wonder how this record sounds in 2021… even though Michelle shared a short snippet of You Get Me on her Instagram stories a few weeks ago. Also curious to see if she goes a bit back to the sound she used for that songs demo version. 

Oh, and I am PRAYING she finally releases the acoustic stripped down version of „Everywhere“ that she played during the Hopeless Romantic tour. It was actually just her and a E-guitar. Flawless.

I have not heard the snippet omg where can I hear it? 

I love  the everywhere version she played at the hoplesss romantic tour too. Is it the one I linked in the OP?

I honestly love her music so much. I am glad she decided to go with the alternative rock in the end over country. It would be nice to see her make a pop record again one day in the future a la west coast time. I know she spent a lot of time in London recording that album and it’s sad we never got to see it come to light.what do you think about hopeless romantic?

50 minutes ago, Rik said:

I have not heard the snippet omg where can I hear it? 

I love  the everywhere version she played at the hoplesss romantic tour too. Is it the one I linked in the OP?

I honestly love her music so much. I am glad she decided to go with the alternative rock in the end over country. It would be nice to see her make a pop record again one day in the future a la west coast time. I know she spent a lot of time in London recording that album and it’s sad we never got to see it come to light.what do you think about hopeless romantic?

Who the hell are you and why don’t we know each other? I bet we do…

I loved everything from WCT era. I wish we could get our hands on The Story of Us. I know that an acoustic demo of Fall Out Of Love is circulating. 

I liked Hopeless Romantic, it just lacked of her belting out. Vocally it was too quiet for my taste.

Also, there is another unfinished project from 2014-2015 before she started to work with Patrick. From those sessions are One Night, Gravity, Losing Game, Lie to Me and a few others I really liked. 

She actually has 3 projects in her pipe: The Spirit Room 20 (coming out later this year), the The Wreckers stuff and a solo album to be released next year. She even shared the tracklist already:

01) When that Somebody is You

02) You got me where you want me

03) I‘m a Man

04) Dead & Gone

05) Not my Lover

06) I‘m sorry

07) You

08) Closest Thing to Heaven

09) Beating on the Outside

10) Fever Forever

11) Zut Alors!

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mister_Secret_X said:

Who the hell are you and why don’t we know each other? I bet we do…

I loved everything from WCT era. I wish we could get our hands on The Story of Us. I know that an acoustic demo of Fall Out Of Love is circulating. 

I liked Hopeless Romantic, it just lacked of her belting out. Vocally it was too quiet for my taste.

Also, there is another unfinished project from 2014-2015 before she started to work with Patrick. From those sessions are One Night, Gravity, Losing Game, Lie to Me and a few others I really liked. 

She actually has 3 projects in her pipe: The Spirit Room 20 (coming out later this year), the The Wreckers stuff and a solo album to be released next year. She even shared the tracklist already:

01) When that Somebody is You

02) You got me where you want me

03) I‘m a Man

04) Dead & Gone

05) Not my Lover

06) I‘m sorry

07) You

08) Closest Thing to Heaven

09) Beating on the Outside

10) Fever Forever

11) Zut Alors!

omfg stop…. Do we know each other? I spent time on Michelle’s official forum on her website as a teenager from 2012-2014 (even though I’m aware Michelle actually abandoned her forum during the Wreckers era following a rant about how she doesn’t want to make the same pop music, and how John Shanks forced her to do I’m Feeling You with Santana. She then scolded some fans and mentioned how she still had to put Owen to bed, but I genuinely only ever heard about this as I was too young when she posted that)?

I was enjoying discussions of leaks like Smoke and Feathers etc,  before it ultimately got shut down and replaced with that flowery homepage  advertising her cover of Creep in early 2015. I was Rik on the boards but I certainly wasn’t as active as I am here. 

I was familiar with the song Everywhere but actually ended up finding the track when I was in grade 8. Summer of 2011, I genuinely thought Loud Music would serve as her comeback single (even though I’d never heard of her before it was nice to see her post those videos with the Spark, For Dear Life, and that acoustic version of Mastermind-  which still has yet to leak to my knowledge). Are you aware of any other songs that leaked beyond what’s on YouTube? 

When did she announce the new track listing? I was aware she was recording with Patrick but didn’t realize how concrete things were. That’s awesome! 

I agree about hopeless romantic btw. 
I didn’t realize other big Michelle fans were still out there and assumed the already small community shrank when she (or the label switch) axed her forum. Is there still a community online somewhere that I can join!

2 minutes ago, MayhemMike said:

Omg, omg i had no idea the title track finally leaked. Thank you. Ive waited so long!

https://m.soundcloud.com/pidt88/michelle-branch-west-coast-time?in=pidt88%2Fsets%2Fwest-coast-time

You’re welcome! It leaked some time after the other leaked tracks. Like 5 years after…. Which makes me think there’s more. I am not sure if Story of Us or other songs leaked

Maybe  @Mister_Secret_X would know more info 

10 hours ago, jennyj said:

Omg that was my fav album back in the day!!! She re-recorded it???  I wonder if it'll match the same quality. 

It’s being mastered by a girl who was a fan of hers growing up! I think it will definitely take on a more alternative vibe (and tbh it will probably be slower in tempo just based off her newer tracks and recent performances).

did you hear about her album Hopeless Romantic?

11 hours ago, Rik said:

It’s being mastered by a girl who was a fan of hers growing up! I think it will definitely take on a more alternative vibe (and tbh it will probably be slower in tempo just based off her newer tracks and recent performances).

did you hear about her album Hopeless Romantic?

I did, but I wasn't the hugest fan of it tbh.  I did like her older slower songs though from Spirt Room and Hotel Paper.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block