⚠️ PLEASE STOP MAKING MULTIPLE THREADS ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC (and read the entire OP not just the title)⚠️

14 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Bumping threads is harmless in comparison to posting hateful/misinformed content but lemme not go further :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Let’s not start this right now. People have been getting away with not being warned for a good minute and they’ve started to receive their long overdue warning points. I banned the user that was making racist comments so I don’t understand where these posts are coming from. No one knows what actions are taken behind the scenes except the mods. People have been getting 2 warning points for bumping old threads per the guidelines. I’ve yet to warn anyone about this, but I’m not blaming those that have chosen to do so. It’s not our fault that the specified warning points for that is by default two points and for “blatant disrespect/offensive material” is only 4 points. Receiving 5 points bans someone for the day. Last week we had over 100+ reports and most of them were reporting the same users for various reasons. We aren’t going to keep track of “oh I already warned this person today so let me refrain from warning them again” when the posts are from different days. The reports hadn’t been worked on because they get overwhelming at times so the patient mods who decided to clear them out gave out warnings that were justified. All this does is try to antagonize and cause issues that don’t need to be created. I get wanting to joke around and have fun but the underlying connotation is one of shade and it’s not the vibe :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Like 3
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Let’s not start this right now. People have been getting away with not being warned for a good minute and they’ve started to receive their long overdue warning points. I banned the user that was making racist comments so I don’t understand where these posts are coming from. No one knows what actions are taken behind the scenes except the mods. People have been getting 2 warning points for bumping old threads per the guidelines. I’ve yet to warn anyone about this, but I’m not blaming those that have chosen to do so. It’s not our fault that the specified warning points for that is by default two points and for “blatant disrespect/offensive material” is only 4 points. Receiving 5 points bans someone for the day. Last week we had over 100+ reports and most of them were reporting the same users for various reasons. We aren’t going to keep track of “oh I already warned this person today so let me refrain from warning them again” when the posts are from different days. The reports hadn’t been worked on because they get overwhelming at times so the patient mods who decided to clear them out gave out warnings that were justified. All this does is try to antagonize and cause issues that don’t need to be created. I get wanting to joke around and have fun but the underlying connotation is one of shade and it’s not the vibe :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Stay on our necks king :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: 

21 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

And we still refrained from giving them all the points they deserved from the dozens of reports we had.

36 minutes ago, SlayOut said:

Bumping threads is harmless in comparison to posting hateful/misinformed content but lemme not go further :kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

Just as harmless as bumping a thread is the points they get from doing so, but people keep making a fuss about it

The problem is not bumping an old thread, the problem is that we already have clogged front page that prevents people from reading the threads that were already created, because most seem unable to scroll back a few pages. That leads to either duplicating the threads or people completely missing what somebody else posted. This is caused mainly because every day we have tons of news/rumors to talk about, and exacerbated by, often attention-seeking, users that feel the need to create a thread that could perfectly be just a comment in an already existing thread that everyone has been following. So if on top of that we add the old threads that people bump, because again, it's never just one, but it usually creates a chain reaction where one user bumps an old thread, and a few minutes later there's already 2 or 3 more, that or the same person bumps multiple threads at a time, the problem gets worse.

Still, no big deal. I can lock the thread, hide the latest comment so it goes back, and the warning points is just to let that user, that maybe didn't know, that maybe somehow missed that title on the pinned thread, that they shouldn't be bumping threads, especially when they don't add anything to the conversation and are completely irrelevant.

The problem is when these users, keep doing it despite receiving warning points multiple times for the same thing, despite having been told directly in messages or comments to stop, despite seeing others getting warned for the same thing. This is not about bumping a thread anymore, this is about a troll that is just trying to premeditatedly create chaos doing something that they know they were told not to do, and then complain when they receive the corresponding warning points, apparently just because someone else in another place did something worse, or whatever is their thought process in order to act this way.

About the hateful or misinformed content, y'all have the chance to report what you think is wrong. Us mods don't get paid to do this, we have jobs, we have lives (even if sometimes I myself spend too much time in here) and we can't inspect every single comment of every single thread 24/7. It's funny or ironic or idk how else to describe it that those users that complain the most about us allowing trolls or racist people or whatever, are the ones that receive the most reports, usually because they decide to take matters on their hands and act as bullies towards those who they believe deserve it, without stopping to think that maybe we already warned that user, or that we haven't gotten through their reports (if they even reported them in the first place) because sometimes we have lots of reports at a time. Or just because they're just trolls in general, and we've allowed THEM to get to this point by looking the other way when they also attacked other people in the past, because we thought that maybe they were low-key doing it from the right place, and now they think they can do whatever they please, and when they finally get their warning points, heck, A FRACTION of the points they deserve, they act surprised.

And we make mistakes too, the mods, the content curators, Jordan, we may create duplicate threads ourselves, or feature threads with misleading information, but we try to correct it, we try to fix it, we merge our own threads if needed, etc. The thing is, if one user makes a mistake, or if someone does something wrong, that doesn't give permission to another user to do another bad thing just because the other one did it first. That's a very childish attitude, and I doubt we have any kids on this forum.  

And finally, as Damon and you suggested, we do need to update this pinned thread because it was created in the middle of the #freebritney, precisely because of the problems we were getting at the time with the corresponding trolls of that era. I just updated the title after we started getting an exaggerated amount of bumped threads a few weeks ago, just because everyone was already quoted in the OP.

And at any moment this thread replaced the general community guidelines that everyone agreed on when joining this site, and that are also linked in the OP.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

For those that are too lazy to read the rules linked at the end of this post:

Moderators may issue warning points for the following:

• Bad Words / Profanity
    • 2 warning points
    • Automatically removed after 2 days

• Offensive Material
    • 4 warning points

• Incites Hate
    • When an Exhaler clearly disrespects another Exhaler and/or purposefully sets out to dilute or muddy the community.
    • 3 warning points

• Spamming
    • 2 warning points
    • Automatically removed after 2 days. 
    • Restricted from posting for 1 day
    • Spam is considered:
      • Content that purposefully detracts from the on-going discussion
      • Repeated posts without merit
      • Linking to problematic websites
      • Pushing an agenda for personal gain
      • Evidence that a bot is behind the account

• Nudity/****ography
    • 20 warning points
    • Permanent
    • Indefinitely restricted from posting

• Illegal Download Link
    • 4 warning points

• Posting Personal Information
    • Posting an Exhaler's personal information is considered purposeful intent to harm another member.
    • 5 warning points

• Misleading Title Title
    • A misleading thread / thread title is when a member purposefully tricks members into clicking their thread. It must be explicit and an obvious attempt at clickbait. Misleading threads are designed to misrepresent the topic at hand.
    • 2 warning points

• Bumping Threads
    • Members may bump old threads, but only if they are genuinely contributing to the old topic. Warning points will be issued if members purposefully bump in-active threads for no apparent reason, and/or bump multiple old threads simply to cause disorder.
    • 2 warning points

• Blatant Disrespect
    • When a member shows blatant disrespect and/or purposefully sets out to dilute or muddy the environment. 
    • 3 warning points

• Harassment
    • When a member shows blatant disrespect and/or purposefully sets out to dilute or muddy the environment. 
    • 3 warning points

• Love 3