⚠️ PLEASE STOP MAKING MULTIPLE THREADS ABOUT THE SAME TOPIC (and read the entire OP not just the title)⚠️

7 hours ago, BritneyLVR said:

:lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: my thoughts exactly. I didn’t realize we were treated like children on here. They should be happy the threads are active and this site is being used :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Well if people didn’t behave like children we wouldn’t have had to take this measure :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Toxic.Latin said:

so, basically 90% of daily comments can be banned now. Interesting, kinda agree but and a BIG BUT, THIS IS a forum, freedom of expression should be tolerated, its actually in every fundamental rights constitution of any nation.

ezgif-2-d83aa86dd2a5.gif

It’s only ok when they want to discuss it :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 2
Just now, BritneyLVR said:

It’s only ok when they want to discuss it :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

This trolling is not acceptable, I've seen you make numerous snide comments. As i've said to you on multiple occasions any issues you have with moderation you should DM us privately.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

This trolling is not acceptable, I've seen you make numerous snide comments. As i've said to you on multiple occasions any issues you have with moderation you should DM us privately.

That’s trolling? I’m definitely not but ok and snide comments? I’m pretty sure every comment on here by everyone is snide or sarcastic so if you’re going to go after snide comments, that would be every comment on here. Having an opinion is not trolling. 

I’m sorry if you don’t like my opinion or point of views. You seem to have an issue with anything that I say and I’m not here for your satisfaction. I’m certainly not commenting anything malicious or rude about any mods and I’ve never even called anyone out, unlike you have just now with me  

You can absolutely enforce rules on here but you can’t tell me what I can or can’t say/feel. 

I’m sorry if you felt offended. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Slayer said:

But let's imagine that a mod is abusing his powers, how can we adress it publicly so that mod stop with the banning threats or the intimidation ? 

I was temporarly banned in 2015 because, back then, one of the mod was a Shakira fan and I criticized Shakira too much for their taste. What should be done if this kind of situation happens again ? If one of the mod abuses his powers, should we reach to other mods privately if we aren't allowed to raise awareness publicly ?

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, BritneyLVR said:

That’s trolling? I’m definitely not but ok and snide comments? I’m pretty sure every comment on here by everyone is snide or sarcastic so if you’re going to go after snide comments, that would be every comment on here. Having an opinion is not trolling. 

I’m sorry if you don’t like my opinion or point of views. You seem to have an issue with anything that I say and I’m not here for your satisfaction. I’m certainly not commenting anything malicious or rude about any mods and I’ve never even called anyone out, unlike you have just now with me  

You can absolutely enforce rules on here but you can’t tell me what I can or can’t say/feel. 

I’m sorry if you felt offended. 

Yes, you're ignoring the OP and keep making comments about the moderation publicly. This forum has rules so you should follow them, clearly your comments are shady about the moderation and that is not acceptable. Please do not respond attempting to justify because the OP quite clearly states how to proceed around this topic.

10 minutes ago, Roger said:

But let's imagine that a mod is abusing his powers, how can we adress it publicly so that mod stop with the banning threats or the intimidation ? 

I was temporarly banned in 2015 because, back then, one of the mod was a Shakira fan and I criticized Shakira too much for their taste. What should be done if this kind of situation happens again ? If one of the mod abuses his powers, should we reach to other mods privately if we aren't allowed to raise awareness publicly ?

As stated in the OP you raise it privately, you do not address anything publicly.

When you raise something privately it does not need to be with the moderator you have an issue with. I suggest that you reach out to a different mod after attempting to resolve the difference you have with the mod you have an issue with. If it cannot be resolved discuss with a different mod(s) privately.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yes, you're ignoring the OP and keep making comments about the moderation publicly. This forum has rules so you should follow them, clearly your comments are shady about the moderation and that is not acceptable. Please do not respond attempting to justify because the OP quite clearly states how to proceed around this topic.

As stated in the OP you raise it privately, you do not address anything publicly.

When you raise something privately it does not need to be with the moderator you have an issue with. I suggest that you reach out to a different mod after attempting to resolve the difference you have with the mod you have an issue with. If it cannot be resolved discuss with a different mod(s) privately.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's difficult to come to an agreement with a mod who holds a grudge against you, or for a divergence of opinion. In that situation, the member can feel pretty helpless, even bullied may I say, and public support might be the best way to resolve it since other members might have gone through a similar situation. It can shed a light on the mod wrongdoings if many members come to the same conclusion.

That Shakira fan was very agressive privately for anyone who disliked Shakira, his mods powers got over his head for sure and if we didn't call him out publicly back then I suppose he would have never stopped his banning threats, abusive WPs etc. This rule might be taking it too far, but we'll see how it goes.

DISCLAIMER: I am adding to the conversation to keep exhale a good place for everyone involved, both members and the moderation team.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Roger said:

Unfortunately, sometimes it's difficult to come to an agreement with a mod who holds a grudge against you, or for a divergence of opinion. In that situation, the member can feel pretty helpless, even bullied may I say, and public support might be the best way to resolve it since other members might have gone through a similar situation. It can shed a light on the mod wrongdoings if many members come to the same conclusion.

That Shakira fan was very agressive privately for anyone who disliked Shakira, his mods powers got over his head for sure and if we didn't call him out publicly back then I suppose he would have never stopped his banning threats, abusive WPs etc. This rule might be taking it too far, but we'll see how it goes.

DISCLAIMER: I am adding to the conversation to keep exhale a good place for everyone involved, both members and the moderation team.

Bless you:kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Roger said:

That’s why I’ve said to message a different moderator if you have similar issues.

It will never be acceptable or tolerated if moderators are publicly attacked, if people do continue to do so publicly they will be punished.

There’s nothing further to add, any issues speak to a mod PRIVATELY.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

That’s why I’ve said to message a different moderator if you have similar issues.

It will never be acceptable or tolerated if moderators are publicly attacked, if people do continue publicly they will be punished.

But is questioning a mod actions really an attack though ? If a mod knows they are in the right, why can't they support their ideas publicly ? 

For example, @Jordan Miller realised some things in the past because a lot of members told him the same things publicly (or he doubled down when he felft he was right). If he immediately shut down members who disagreed with him, the conversation would have stopped there.

I understand that Exhale has to become a safe space in this time and age, but it would be unfortunate if in the future it follows a totalitarian model where we cannot openly discuss the authority's actions. This is why Exhale is still popular after nearly 15 years, because of freedom of speech and accountabilty, for all of us.

• Love 5
  • Like 1
On 7/21/2021 at 10:13 PM, Roger said:

But is questioning a mod actions really an attack though ? If a mod knows they are in the right, why can't they support their ideas publicly ? 

For example, @Jordan Miller realised some things in the past because a lot of members told him the same things publicly (or he doubled down when he felft he was right). If he immediately shut down members who disagreed with him, the conversation would have stopped there.

I understand that Exhale has to become a safe space in this time and age, but it would be unfortunate if in the future it follows a totalitarian model where we cannot openly discuss the authority's actions. This is why Exhale is still popular after nearly 15 years, because of freedom of speech and accountabilty, for all of us.

Why are you not a mod?? :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears: 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Roger said:

We’ve clearly outlined how to proceed. We are in no shape or form going to approve users attacking moderators publicly. 

You’ve been made aware of this now on numerous occasions - this is how it is. We will not repeat ourselves, I ask that you do not respond further regarding the same thing when you’ve been told so many times.

This is our decision and that is that, you will be removed from the thread if you continue arguing otherwise when we’ve clearly explained our stance.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Slayer said:

We’ve clearly outlined how to proceed. We are in no shape or form going to approve users attacking moderators publicly. 

You’ve been made aware of this now on numerous occasions - this is how it is. We will not repeat ourselves, I ask that you do not respond further regarding the same thing when you’ve been told so many times.

This is our decision and that is that, you will be removed from the thread if you continue arguing otherwise when we’ve clearly explained our stance.

This wasn't an argument, I am sorry if you felt that way. As an old member, I was only giving my opinion on the matter. Got it though, I am out.

Have a good one :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

• Love 1