10 years ago today, Lady Gaga changed the face of music with the 'Born This Way' album

10 WHOLE years?? :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Born This Way and ARTPOP albums were so hyped by Gaga in the years leading up to their releases, that I think it inevitably hurt the albums initial reception.

I remember feeling like tracks like Judas and Bad Kids were soo bloated and out of place, but now I love and appreciate their place in her discography.

The album definitely has some of her best tracks EVER including:

- Marry the Night (even though no locals seem to know it, sadly)

- Scheiße (remember when she surprised everyone and opened her Coachella set with this?)

- Heavy Metal Lover (dirty, grimy, perfect track)

- Government ******* (remember when she performed this while The Clintons were in attendance?)

I think it’s a really important album for its allyship and freedom themes and I think its legacy has only grown over the years.

• Like 1

At first, I did not feel the album. The vibe was nowhere to be found. It was a huge downgrade to me. However, I gave it a chance and I love several songs to this very day. Here they are (in no particular order):

1. Judas
  2. Hair
  3. Marry the Night
  4. Americano
  5. Scheisse
  6. Bloody Mary
  7. Heavy Metal Lover

Then there are several songs that are just oks but not bops to me (TEOG, Y&I, Bad Kids, Highway Unicorn etc.. basically the rest of the album).

Is this her best album? Not at all. Is it in her top 3? Yes. It carries great message, the topic is amating, she opened so many closed doors that hadn't been opened by her peer before her. I give her that. But claiming that "it's the best album of the decade/century" (cannot recall her original comment) is a reach. As far as I can tell, it was not as revolutionary as her previous attempts. The singles rollout was weird. She could have done way more in a better way imo. However, it still has it's place. 

Although I'm late, stream BTW for clear skin, pretty hair and great body. :matches:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block