'You Spin Me Round' - Who did it better? Thalia or Jessica Simpson

'You Spin Me Round' - Who did it better? Thalia or Jessica Simpson  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

youspinme.jpg.982959d8e12b9867b2ac7ecf7aed1329.jpg

I think most of us have heard the 1984 classic You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) originally performed by Dead or Alive. Co-written by late Pete Burns, Steve Coy, Wayne Hussey, Tim Lever and Mike Percy, and produced by Stock Aitken Waterman, it peaked at #11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was Top 10 in several countries, including three #1's.

Mexican singer Thalia covered the song for her seventh studio album Thalía, released in 2002 and it was produced by Steve Morales, Hex Hector and Mac Quayle.

Four years later, in 2006 Jessica Simpson also made a rendition of the song for her fifth album A Public Affair, produced by Cory Rooney, with writing by Timothy Lever.

Which cover/sample do you think it's the best one?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Both are terrible. Thalía's vocals are over-processed, and Jessica's are uninspired. And both songs sound like a demo. But I guess I'd say Thalía's, at least she tried to sing with attitude...

I really couldn't stand Thalia's voice on this- well actually I don't like her voice in her English songs. I think her voice is better suited in Spanish.

I always felt Jessica was trying to have her "Breathe On Me" with this song.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Excuse me but Thalia wishes she had Successica’s version. Hers sounds like a chipmunk inhaled helium :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: (still bop to it though :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:)

Pahhhlease, Ms. chicken by the sea sounds like she's drowing IN THE SEA, her vocals are literally covered up with that generic karaoke sounding as track :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: But of course and once again here you are displaying your lack of taste :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:wooo

LegendLIA still rocking the music industry in 2021 and where's ya fave? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

and I- :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: 

• Haha 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Pahhhlease, Ms. chicken by the sea sounds like she's drowing IN THE SEA, her vocals are literally covered up with that generic karaoke sounding as track :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: But of course and once again here you are displaying your lack of taste :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh:wooo

LegendLIA still rocking the music industry in 2021 and where's ya fave? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

and I- :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: 

My fave running a fashion empire, writing number one New York Times bestsellers, and managing a $200 million net worth :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: let’s not pit the both of them together though :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

My fave running a fashion empire, writing number one New York Times bestsellers, and managing a $200 million net worth :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: let’s not pit the both of them together though :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

LegendLIA does the same and stays relevant in music though :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Be nice, I'll buy you a pair of cute shoes by Thalia, you know the good taste ones :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Content Curators
3 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Thalia’s net worth is $60 MM :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point: more than either of us will ever have in multiple lifetimes so we the real clowns here :shadelaugh_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Excuse me? Who said my net worth was less than 60 million, let me bring you a chair :staysalty_hands_rub_so_there_blue_walk_away_made_my_point:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SJK said:

Jessica should have released her version as a buzz single. Forever love her!! 

Wikipedia says:

Jessica Simpson's version of the "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)" was released as a promo single in 2006. Her version of the song barely made the Pop 100, and failed to make the Billboard Hot 100 chart, however, it charted to no. 20 on the Bubbling Under Hot 100, which is equivalent to no.

but I don't know her career, so I don't know if it's true, 'cause there's no source

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block