Why is Dua Lipa so overrated?

Here are the main reasons Dua Lipa is popular 

1. Her music is really easy to get into and u dont need to listen many times to get into the songs. 

2. Its very radio friendly and trendy, heavy airplay makes her songs popular. 

3. Her songs arent groundbreaking, instead they use some of the tactics known to work in making pop hits. 

4. Basically she makes safe music that is very easy to listen to, she has a very neutral personality so she doesnt push people away and her lyrics fit into the 2021 young TikTok culture. 

Imo she makes some decent songs but she kinda is the average one. If ur better than Dua ur good if ur worse than Dua ur not a good pop musician. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, jennyj said:

I find almost every new artist over-rated tbh.  None of them have that "it" factor that all the 90s/early 2000s pop stars (even the flops/one-hit-wonders) had.

#ISaidWhatISaid

uh oh oops GIF by iOne Digital

I miss the variety, a rock song after a popsong, even the hip hop songs, they had much more quality to it. Every song (doesn't matter which genre) had the crossover-appeal. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Content Curators

i like dula peep

she makes different sounding and actually catchy songs :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

something thats been missing from pop music since like 2016 with that same trap beat and basic production used in every song 

shes a fun pop star

i do agree that the gheys hype up people that rlly dont need the hyping

but i like dula :explainlol_stare_spin:

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...
On 5/19/2021 at 11:38 AM, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

I blame Taylor Swift for the downfall of "the popstar". Yes she writes good songs but she rolled in an era of pop girls who have bland voices, cant dance, no extreme Xfactor element, and generally generic. 

I think Dua and Ariana are closer to what the gays have experienced to a Madonna, Janet, Britney, so that's why they stan. I mean if thats the best you have to choose from...

This. Dua is famous because this generation can't expect something higher than that 😂

Ariana at least can sing...

• Like 1
On 5/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, Jamie Lynn Forever said:

why do white gays have the WORST music taste and they're so vocal about it? sis be embarassed... the lack of self awareness. a BRITNEY FAN talking about performing skills i'm fkn HOLLERING. At least Sophie can hold a note live .

You're literally an imbecile it's useless to argue with you i'm wasting my time  on this forum everyone is r e t a r d e d and has awful music taste on here

also I put that video in the op because the official music video is not available in good quality on youtube and it's blocked in my country because of copyright laws lmao, also stop acting like dua lipa is some insane entertainer , she's no beyoncé or michael jackson, even doja cat performs better than dua lipa, the standards are very low these days, yall get impressed by anything don't you?

What I'll never understand about the pop community is that you're all basically proud to be clones of each others who all listen to the same thing, you're totally proud to listen to the same thing as millions of other people, like you don't mind being a basic NPC?

Yes! Exactly, honey you spoke my mind! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 popstars are just clones. No passion for their art. 

And Doja Cat is way better entertainment, at least she enjoys what she is doing.

Dua Lipa is so... boring

• Like 1
  • 8 months later...
On 5/19/2021 at 10:52 PM, Sia said:

You don't like her, but you're making a post about her and getting more people to talk about her, but yet you don't want people putting her on a pedestal. 

Like why be so pressed about someone you don't like? Do you think talking about some other artists is going to devalue what Dua brings to the table? Must be so tiring to be this pressed....

If you're allowed to talk about your preferences or dislikes so are other people allowed to talk about their preferences and dislikes.

I consider it's normal to check if you're the only one who doesn't like something/someone. As I find it normal to check if you're the only one who likes something/someone.

The media is constantly trying to stuffs unknown/unwanted/un... things/people down everybody's throat. And you need to work a little in order to avoid the media bull****ting and bullying that's continuously thrown your way.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block