Why is Dua Lipa so overrated?

1 hour ago, Korb said:

LOL you're obviously hurt sweetie which is why you have to come for brit lol. Even current Brit knows not to stand still like a mannequin while miming badly to corny, bland, generic music for a paid crowd. It's very telling that you only focused on the "lipsynching" part of my diss. The clip you embedded is absolutely horrid, the absolute minimum amount of work any human would ever be expected to do during a song performance ;literally just stand there , mime and pretend to have a soul. But still the chick failed to do just the bare minimum and this is what you're comparing to Dua? LMAO

The fact that you think Britney has not performed well for a decade plus shows just how much a fan you are btw? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

You just posted the most generic, nightmare inducing joke of a pop song and performance but you want to call my tastes into question? Lmao at you projecting all your tacky opinions and attitudes about music onto me. Bye :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

why do white gays have the WORST music taste and they're so vocal about it? sis be embarassed... the lack of self awareness. a BRITNEY FAN talking about performing skills i'm fkn HOLLERING. At least Sophie can hold a note live .

You're literally an imbecile it's useless to argue with you i'm wasting my time  on this forum everyone is r e t a r d e d and has awful music taste on here

also I put that video in the op because the official music video is not available in good quality on youtube and it's blocked in my country because of copyright laws lmao, also stop acting like dua lipa is some insane entertainer , she's no beyoncé or michael jackson, even doja cat performs better than dua lipa, the standards are very low these days, yall get impressed by anything don't you?

What I'll never understand about the pop community is that you're all basically proud to be clones of each others who all listen to the same thing, you're totally proud to listen to the same thing as millions of other people, like you don't mind being a basic NPC?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Dreams said:

why do white gays have the WORST music taste and they're so vocal about it? sis be embarassed... the lack of self awareness. a BRITNEY FAN talking about performing skills i'm fkn HOLLERING. At least Sophie can hold a note live .

You're literally an imbecile it's useless to argue with you i'm wasting my time  on this forum everyone is r e t a r d e d and has awful music taste on here

also I put that video in the op because the official music video is not available in good quality on youtube and it's blocked in my country because of copyright laws lmao, also stop acting like dua lipa is some insane entertainer , she's no beyoncé or michael jackson, even doja cat performs better than dua lipa, the standards are very low these days, yall get impressed by anything don't you?

What I'll never understand about the pop community is that you're all basically proud to be clones of each others who all listen to the same thing, you're totally proud to listen to the same thing as millions of other people, like you don't mind being a basic NPC?

You think you're so woke and such an intellectual about POP music on a Britney Spears forum LMAO. 

Also not you dragging the the white gays into this :orangu_orangutan_ape::orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Dreams said:

why do white gays have the WORST music taste and they're so vocal about it?

Calling @Korb a, "white gay", as a, "insult", is not the drag you think it is. hottie2cnjwb.gif

a BRITNEY FAN talking about performing skills i'm fkn HOLLERING. At least Sophie can hold a note live .

I don't see what there is to holler about. She has performances hailed as some of the pop music industry's best, has belted live, and has sung, Pop, Country, Rock, Musical Theatre, Hip-Hop, R&B, Jazz, and a plethora of other genres. Versatile queen

We're literally on a Britney Spears forum so your argument is invalid. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Literally this could be applied to any person in the world who listens to a certain genre more than another, what is with this elitist attitude. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Dreams said:

DELUSION AT ITS FINEST! Convince yourself 😒

• Like 1

Definitely overrated. That's not her fault though.  Entertainment as a whole with the latest gen is lackluster, when they get entertained with Tik Tok style dances, clout, and drama.  Everything's remakes and reboots.  Like at least in previous gens, even the worst of the bunch still had some decent and unique sounding tracks for the most part.  But again, that's not their fault, it's how the entertainment industry has become as people (including the older gens) like instant gratification and control now with streaming, which results in the need to create content at much faster rates. But I still believe people are willing to wait, it's just the entertainment industry for whatever reason thinks they can't so they push their artists to release multiple-singles at the same time now, and at faster rates, which results in less quality.

Vocally she's one of the better ones of the latest bunch, but I preferred her when she first came on the scene on though. Because the more popular you get, the less control you get and to some.

12 hours ago, Dreams said:

a britney fan talking about boring lipsync performances when britney hasn't been able to pull off a great/entertaining performance in like 15 years , the audacity... and god knows how much i love britney but lol, the audacity. get some self-awareness please

if you only listen to generic mainstream corporate cookie-cutter basic pop stop then you are banned from using the word "taste". You aren't qualified enough to talk about music taste. Pop fans acting like music experts always makes me laugh. Y'all don't even know anything about music outside of Spotify's Top Hits playlists and some pitchfork recommendations LMAO. Please stfu. You're ridiculous. And Dua Lipa's music sounds like the music you hear in Ikea's commercials, there's nothing interesting about it, it's literally the stuff you hear at malls or forever21,  enjoy ur payolacore

Thank u for this comment. Is funny how an entire community jump into an article to judge who is iconic and who is not in their circumstances. Be consecuent...

• Love 2

not dua lipa stans coming for someone's music taste, dua literally appeal to the lowest common denominator, you can't get any more generic than that. it's literally impossible to be more generic than dua lipa. it's so canned, processed, quantized and lifeless, you might as well listen to a piece of wood at that point. it's successful and popular because it appeals to every basic beach out there. dua lipa's music is like pooping. It’s enjoyable when it comes out sometimes but, after a while it just stinks. you listen to it like 3 times and then you just stop because it feesl like you've heard that stuff 500 times before. there's nothing distinctive about her music, no identity, no personality, no signature sound, literally any other pop artist could sing her songs. no one will remember future nostalgia in 20 years. her tunes slide off my brain like they're coated in Teflon.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Dreams said:

not dua lipa stans coming for someone's music taste, dua literally appeal to the lowest common denominator, you can't get any more generic than that. it's literally impossible to be more generic than dua lipa. it's so canned, processed, quantized and lifeless, you might as well listen to a piece of wood at that point. it's successful and popular because it appeals to every basic beach out there. dua lipa's music is like pooping. It’s enjoyable when it comes out sometimes but, after a while it just stinks. you listen to it like 3 times and then you just stop because it feesl like you've heard that stuff 500 times before. there's nothing distinctive about her music, no identity, no personality, no signature sound, literally any other pop artist could sing her songs. no one will remember future nostalgia in 20 years. her tunes slide off my brain like they're coated in Teflon.

I say let people enjoy what they like, but I can't help but agree with most of this. I cringe at this forced revival of 80s Pop sound. It's just generic and safe now, having a throwback sound doesn't make your music necessarily good. It still feels like the kind of music you hear at malls every now and then like you said.

That being said, I don't agree with bashing a whole genre or bashing people who just listen to one genre mostly, and pretending to be superior to others just because you listen certain kind of artists or genres is silly.

I feel your anger because I can't stand current mainstream music either but I try to ignore it or else I'll be spewing negativity all over the Internet. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dreams said:

I understand that this is your opinion and we should respect but why are you being so negative and riled up about it? I don't like Beyonce but heck, even I have never wasted my energy like this on her (Except for the Lemonade album in which I was giving my opinion respectfully) :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe: Being constantly negative can take a bad toll on you. Make more positive threads on artist you care about and you will notice how much your attitude will change.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block