Why is Dua Lipa so overrated?

To me dua is very averrage. Shes not bad at all but shes not exeptionally good at anything. In vocals shes a lot below talents like ariana and xtina, her songwriting is very basic and doesnt stand out next to taylor or lana, her stage presense still isnt very great to me. I just struggle to see what is rly her thing, as of now she seems very replaceable, anyone could sing her songs and so her performances with practise. I feel like the lack of pure pop competition is the reason for her rise. Other artists are experimenting with rock, folk, trap or smth while dua is one of the few doing that traditional pop. 

49 minutes ago, Stefani said:

She makes "pure" pop music that the gays flock to even though ironically enough they can't go out and dance to her songs because most clubs are still closed. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

It's especially sad to me because ATRL and GGD have basically become Dua Lipa central: you literally can't escape the constant Dua pandering on those sites and even the staff and administration promote the hell out of her songs. Same goes for Olivia and Taylor, although at least in Taylor's case I can understand stanning someone who's had a long career and who actually switches up her style a bit. Dua is the living incarnation of doing the same thing over and over again though. Someone made a topic comparing her to Katy before, and I think I'm seeing similarities in terms of mediocrity, except Katy actually has US #1s. :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Oh hi again. Imagine the clownery of accusing an artist who has released TWO albums and who has only been active for 4 years of doing the same thing over and over again. Meanwhile Britney did the same thing for her first three albums and no one said a damn thing about that. Taylor released the same album multiple times and again, look who you’re saying you understand stanning. She just did this in the last year alone and in the beginning of her career. Dua must have stolen your bag because you and OP are PRESSED like Chik Fil A lemonade :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh: and Mariah? Queen of releasing the same album :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 3
  • Haha 5
  • Like 1

WTF is this thread?! This girl is underrated and deserves so much more succes! Her albums are pop perfections. She just got robbed for a #1 song AGAIN today. So no, she’s not overrated. There’s a reason why Future Nostalgia is the best selling female album of the year.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sia said:

You don't like her, but you're making a post about her and getting more people to talk about her, but yet you don't want people putting her on a pedestal. 

Like why be so pressed about someone you don't like? Do you think talking about some other artists is going to devalue what Dua brings to the table? Must be so tiring to be this pressed....

It's normal to be that way.

21 hours ago, Dreams said:

the gays hype up any pop girl with a vulva and a heart beat

if you listened to any sophie ellix bextor or kylie minogue album you'd realize than dua lipa is just a bland, flavorless, unseasoned, dull, generic, flat, insipid, weak, plain, unappetizing and politically correct version of them, very boring if you ask me, where is the vibe, where is the groove??? where is the soul ???

DUA LIPA IS SO MID

DuaLipa.JPG.9ff5ddd2d18e5eed2f6f805b253b2afa.JPG

Ouch, jealousy does not look good on you.

• Love 1

Don't downplay a woman of her talents. If she's not your cup of tea, then move on.
I think Dua's album was one of the best of 2020 and I'm happy that she is finally having her moment of success.

Though in my personal opinion, I really enjoy the sound of her debut album. 
2 very different sounding albums and both are hella good. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I think she's quite underrated. When she came out with Be The One 5 years ago, I thought she didn't get the recognition she should have received then. Then she came out with Last Dance, host of other singles, and bops with Sean Paul and Calvin Harris, and it wasn't until New Rules and the album we got now where I'm starting to feel her star power. 

SO NO BISH, LIES ALL AROUND. JEALOUS TEAS BEING SPILLED EVERYWHERE. CLOSE EM LEGS STOP LETTING YOUR WATER BREAK.

GO BACK AND LISTEN TO THIS - IT'S WHAT YOU DESERVE :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Love and Light

xx

This. And nothing else.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Can the mods seriously just stop featuring this person’s topics? They are ALWAYS negative. “Why is this person overrated?” “Why can’t this person dance?” “Why can’t this person sing?” They are literally always negative. But they keep getting featured. If they want to be pressed under other topics, that’s fine. But to feature topics that are solely for the point of being negative? Why?

Seriously. HateHeavy.com

• Haha 2
  • Content Curators
8 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Can the mods seriously just stop featuring this person’s topics? They are ALWAYS negative. “Why is this person overrated?” “Why can’t this person dance?” “Why can’t this person sing?” They are literally always negative. But they keep getting featured. If they want to be pressed under other topics, that’s fine. But to feature topics that are solely for the point of being negative? Why?

It's just his/her opinion why get so worked up about it? 

By the way I featured this, if anyone has issue with it :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Like 2

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Just now, Midnight said:

It's just his/her opinion why get so worked up about it? 

By the way I featured this, if anyone has issue with it :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

I know it was you featured it :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

But either way, if you want Exhale to be a positive place, why feature topics that are specifically designed to be negative?

It makes it annoying to even come on here. When I first signed up, this was a pretty positive place, but it’s turning really negative which is why I disappeared for a while. When everything in the world is so negative all the time, why would we want to add to that kind of attitude?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block